Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Old May 13th 2008, 8:17 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Originally Posted by chrisw
Not a good day last Friday, Bob got laid off due to lack of work. As if that was not bad enough, I got laid off today! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT HAPPENNING? Please forgive any typos, but not exactly what you would call sober at the moment! TCH! Had to have my dog put to sleep a month ago, what else!
Chris XXX
Sorry to hear your news. Right that is the three negatives over with. So the next thing to happen is a positive. A buyer for the house!!!!! Two fingers to both employers and a move to your dream.

You will win through.

Rosemary
Old May 13th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Oh dear, what awful news. So sorry for you and Bob. You donĀ“t deserve all this ****. Hang in there Chris. Lots of love.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:18 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Thanks all,
Glad to say I am a bit more sober now. Made several online applications yesterday and another today and also registered my interest an CV so interested parties can contact me for a change! Got a call back from one I appied to yesterday and have got a telephone interview tomorrow morning with a bank. Didn't go to work today, didn't feel like it so called in sick. My back had been playing me up for months but didn't pursue it because didn't want to risk getting the sack if I had the time off! I figured what are they going to do? Sack me twice? Need to go and see an orthopaedic surgeon again so can go and see the Doc in the morning before this telephone interview.
Chris XXX
Old May 13th 2008, 6:03 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris
Sorry to hear about your troubles - hope something turns up soon for you both and good luck with the doctor and the interview tomorrow.
Take care
Love Sam xxxxx
Old May 16th 2008, 10:08 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi Chris
Sorry to hear about your troubles - hope something turns up soon for you both and good luck with the doctor and the interview tomorrow.
Take care
Love Sam xxxxx
Hi Sam, and thanks for the good wishes!
The Doc is arranging for me to have an x-ray so have to wait for appointment for that.
Telephone interview went well and have now proceeded to next stage which is an "experience day" and involves a tour of site, presentation and face to face interview next Wednesday.
Going back to work today (on late shift this week) so once I am logged in, I will tell them I am going down the Jobcentre! I we will see if there are any other possibilities there, that I haven't already seen and applied for.
Had a viewing on the house yesterday. Very nice couple but don't really know yet whether they were interested so waiting for feedback on that.
Chris XXX