Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What am I like?

What am I like?

Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:37 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What am I like?

Originally Posted by crispygirl
We had a red car, I asked hubby to take me to the village so I could order a birthday cake, he dropped me off outside the shop and said he would wait in the car park at the back of the shops. I went into the shop, ordered the cake, came outside the shop and thought Oh hubby waited here for me. I got into the red car, sat in the front seat reach over and pulled the seat belt across me think thinking "Mmmm I don't remember having baby wipes in the car, why would I have baby wipes in the car". Did seat belt up and sat waiting for hubby to drive away. Still sitting waiting for hubby to drive away, I am telling him about the cake I have ordered and that we can pick it up on such a such day. Car still not moving so I turned to ask what was wrong there was a strange man sitting there with an even stranger look of shock horror on his face. Realising I was in the wrong car, I started to talk to the man telling him my hubby had a red car just like this and wasn't it a coincidence that he should be there in his red car just where my hubby had been just a few moments before. I made no effort to undo the seat belt and get out I just sat there talking about the birthday cake I had just ordered and that I expected my hubby was in fact waiting for me in the cark park behind the cake shop. At last I undid the seat belt, said goodbye to the man and that I hoped his wife would be along soon so he could go home. The man did not say a word the whole time he had his back wedge firmly against his door, I still see his face know When I got to where our car was I was laughing so much, but hubby (ex now) who had no sense of humor could not see the funny side. As we drove pass the cake shop the car was still parked there and the man was inside it talking to a women, as we drove pass I opened my window and waved to them and said "remember me?". Gosh I have so many stories like this one to tell, I should write a book.
LOL I like that one. What I want to know is did he send you a Christmas card that year?
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:38 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What am I like?

Originally Posted by Lionda
I'll never forget - when I was little I was given a sweet in a wrapper. I took off the wrapper and threw the sweet into the fire and put the sweet wrapper in my mouth. When I realised what I had done I cried - that memory has stuck with me for $% years Course I never do anything silly these days
Wish I could say the same!
At work the other day. My friend and I went downstairs for a cigarette in our break, moaning about work. Moaned all the way through our break and were still having a grumble all the way back upstairs in the lift. Got out, still complaining, through the security doors (more of the same) My friend went to get her cup from the welfare room and I carried on through the large office to the far end and sat down at my desk. Been getting a few wierd looks but shrugged them off, went to open my drawer, but it was on the wrong side. Had a good look around and realised I was on the wrong floor, sitting at someone elses desk!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What am I like?

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
LOL LOL LOL how the hell did you manage that??? hehe thats gotta be the funniest thing i've read all week!
I'd been working a lot of hours and was almost in a trance I think. My car was my pride and joy as well .......
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:45 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisw
LOL I like that one. What I want to know is did he send you a Christmas card that year?
Who, the man in the car or ex hubby? Neither.....
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about

Years ago I worked at a centre for people with learning disabilities, we often used to go out for day trips, some of the more able-bodied were taken on country rambles.
As we were crossing a field there was an electric strand wire fence and we warned everone to be careful and shuffle under it, one of the guys was quite tall and as he went under it I considerately lifted the wire up to make it easier for him!
My arm tingled for hours later and I never lived it down.