Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electric water heaters

Electric water heaters

Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:15 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default Electric water heaters

hi all, we have at the mo a gas heater , its only about 6 months old BUT we have heard that electric water heaters are best . Anyone know if this is so, thanks,pat
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electric water heaters

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi all, we have at the mo a gas heater , its only about 6 months old BUT we have heard that electric water heaters are best . Anyone know if this is so, thanks,pat

Well I can't compare ours to gas as we've only had electric but it heats the water up really quickly and I don't have the worry / hassle of making sure I have a full gas bottle all the time.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
we had an electric and changed it to gas - now always have instant hot water and the bottle lasts a month or so

you can get big electric water heaters to ensure you dont run out but they take up a lot of room

I would stick with what you got
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by spain
we had an electric and changed it to gas - now always have instant hot water and the bottle lasts a month or so

you can get big electric water heaters to ensure you dont run out but they take up a lot of room

I would stick with what you got

I'd stick with gas. Mind you we're lucky here, the Repsol man does his round every wednesday. If we have an empty we leave it on the pavement and he sounds his horn when he comes!!

If I had to go the depot (like some people do), I think I'd change to electric.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

We have a constant problem with hot water. Our boiler is outside in a casing but the wind still gets to it as it faces easterly and the levante just causes havoc. Trying to get hot water for a shower is a nightmare at the mo. Wish we had had it put inside. Could you have an electric heater put in in a bathroom?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
We have a constant problem with hot water. Our boiler is outside in a casing but the wind still gets to it as it faces easterly and the levante just causes havoc. Trying to get hot water for a shower is a nightmare at the mo. Wish we had had it put inside. Could you have an electric heater put in in a bathroom?
has yours got an electronic ignition ? think they are more efficient as the pilot light only comes on when you turn on the hot tap - also saves problems of it blowing out in the wind
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:26 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We are having gas down stairs and have electric upstairs ours are being fitted above the bathrooms and in a cubboard in the kitchen they are fitted in a socket.
They all have 50 litres of hot water we are running them off a timer with night time tariff.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

We had the same problem with the pilot light blowing out all the time. Changed to an electronic ignition boiler. No problems since.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:58 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

I installed an electric shower in my bathroom in Chicalana as I found in the winter that the gas did not heat the water enough,works great ,but I only use in the winter,and only set it at half power,thiking of putting in 200 litre mains water presurised hot water tank now beside my cold water storage tank for back up.