Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

WE NEED YOUR OPINION, TOO

WE NEED YOUR OPINION, TOO

Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WE NEED YOUR OPINION, TOO

Originally Posted by HBG
I know of at least three local people who have come over with partners and have really given it a try, for years. All of them eventually went back and what makes me sad is that they've gone back with different partners.

Do you not think that it would have happened in whichever country they had been. Boredom is a terrible thing believe me at the moment Rosemary and I both know but that is down to my situation and hopefully will improve. Back in GB I knew so many pensioners who were very unhappy due to the structure of their life collapsing, arguements with their partners etc. My father lived for work and was like a lost soul when he retired, he was of the generation that thought only of work and family. Family left home and he retired ergo nothing to live for. I think that people generally are now thinking more of what they will do when retired, women do appear to be better at this than we men are. To us at the moment the internet is a Godsend but yes I agree those dating agencies are everywhere, the problem is that I read somewhere that 20% of couples now meet on the internet including a couple that I know.
Now what is Rosemary doing on that computer.

(And some of those Russians look a bit fierce).
You looked then

Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Jun 26th 2011 at 4:18 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah mate, that makes it much better. Me I LOVE a good rare steak, and it's a common factor in my meals out. Nothing worng with steak, it's the failure to try anything else that marks you out as a little Englander.
Spent time in the far east, there are many very strange concoctions to try there, refuse and you upset the host.

Graham
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Lets just think for a moment who decides who these "best" bankers are. Oh yes. Those just above them who are earning even more from shafting the public and countries who are too weak to resist. And they are weak because they've been lead down that path... By whom? The Bankers of course. Lets not forget they don't actually PRODUCE wealth. Nothing. Nada not one cent of actual 'wealth'. They just shuffle it around, and in shuffling, scrape off as much as possible. It's all just licensed robbery IMO. Bitter? Damn right! Grrrr
A friend of mine is an executive director at 9 companies and a non executive director at 32 companies, one day he explained to me that in his non exec capacity along with others he decides the pay structure of the executive directors this way the exec directors can claim that they have no control over their pay. Guess who arranges the pay for my friend in his 9 executive positions.

Graham
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
A friend of mine is an executive director at 9 companies and a non executive director at 32 companies, one day he explained to me that in his non exec capacity along with others he decides the pay structure of the executive directors this way the exec directors can claim that they have no control over their pay. Guess who arranges the pay for my friend in his 9 executive positions.

Graham
The old boy network?.....
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by bil
The old boy network?.....
Actually not, he started life in the steelworks of Sheffield, worked his way up. Still has a strong Yorkshire accent but lives in Cheshire now and woe betide anyone who criticises Yorkshire CC.
That was only one story, expenses, days out you have no idea believe me. The other side of this guy is that he will do anything for you, give his time freely he really is a person to like.

Graham
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:31 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Actually not, he started life in the steelworks of Sheffield, worked his way up. Still has a strong Yorkshire accent but lives in Cheshire now and woe betide anyone who criticises Yorkshire CC.
That was only one story, expenses, days out you have no idea believe me. The other side of this guy is that he will do anything for you, give his time freely he really is a person to like.

Graham
No, I meant the people whose pay he decides. Mucho back scratching and so on.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by bil
No, I meant the people whose pay he decides. Mucho back scratching and so on.
Exactly the trouble is that some people believe it is a fair way.

Graham
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:23 pm
bil
Banned

Exactly the trouble is that some people believe it is a fair way.

Graham
Don't tell me. The people who benefit from it?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Equally, it's buying and selling, just like the rest of the world. You buy yen and sell dollars, and so it goes, and so it goes.
And that's another thing. I brought back some Yen to Spain. But my bills are in
££s I couldn't change it straight to ££s. Oh no! I had to lose out twice! Imagine how much they took even on that little transaction! I'm a big believer in "a labourer is worth his hire". But how much work went into that? Double Grr!