Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Old May 22nd 2011, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Beware of this greens' marshal, especially on the East course. Something if not someone will have an eye on you (look away snake phobics):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...206-France.jpg

Last edited by Carol&John; May 22nd 2011 at 9:57 am. Reason: non-human
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Post added since I typed this, poo bags are free in Mercadona down your way ? curious as to why they are hung beside the veg ?
Maybe John means the bags that you put fruit and veg in before weighing? They are free and I suppose you could take a few more than you need.
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Im not a golfer (even though we have a golf course property!)... and I cant claim to understand the game, but I've met some really fantastic golfers as a result of our time in CE. Good people generally.

However the game seems to me to be very 'rule-driven' - lots of rules you have to follow. (Just my non-professional impression) It's a shame therefore that there is a small minority (as in everything) that on one hand will follow all those rules - and yet on the other hand will use bushes opposite someone's home as a toilet. Why they cant do it in the facilities provided - or find a private place - where homeowners dont see them - I dont know. Shame - I think they bring disrepute to the game... well to themselves actually. The game stays 'golden' for the golfers who love their sport. And who, in the most part, are a great bunch of people.

We enjoy walking on the paths on the courses, but normally go in the evening when its cooler and there are no - or not many - golfers. Golf course 2 is also nice to wander around and its always empty day or evening it seems. There is also a prehistoric graveyard there (somewhere) that has been uncovered and fenced off with a plaque explaining the history - that was an interesting find.. must look out for it again.

Jon
Hi Jon,

See these pics from obrien, going back somewhat in history

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=4267
Old May 23rd 2011, 12:00 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Sean Connery relieving himself behind a tree at Las Brisas course some years ago.

Last edited by jackytoo; May 23rd 2011 at 12:56 pm.
Old May 23rd 2011, 1:50 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

I have one last question: Is it forbidden to just walk (with or without a dog) along the golfcourses?
Old May 23rd 2011, 1:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
I have one last question: Is it forbidden to just walk (with or without a dog) along the golfcourses?
I very much doubt it as the old cart/bridle tracks are free access to all.
I would assume to make the course land private it would need fencing off.
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Yes, this is private land so regardless of whether you go (with or without a dog) when there are only a few golfers or none at all, unless you are actually playing or employed by the owners you should not be there.

The real issue is not one of privacy, but of safety. Most walkers seem to be oblivious to golfers using the course. This leads to golfers having to wait for walkers to move to a safe position before being able to strike a shot. The golfer might be legally liable in the event of any accident. Regards Mike
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr

First of all, the course is fenced off. Secondly, the "old cart/bridle tracks" are in fact brand new and purpose built for the course. Access to the course is possible at several places, these have been provided for emergency vehicles should they be needed. It is these points that many walkers use to gain access to the course. Regards Mike
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Originally Posted by jdr
Both courses are fenced off from all surrounding roads. Some of the new roads follow the old Drovers routes. However where roads bisect the course the buggy track is not gated therefore you can access the East course at several points. The West course has no roads cutting into it but it still has several access points. The oddest thing is that every few holes there are fire escape routes from the fairway to the nearest road but these are gated and locked. Needless to say the fence alongside the gates has been breached.
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Im not a golfer (even though we have a golf course property!)... and I cant claim to understand the game, but I've met some really fantastic golfers as a result of our time in CE. Good people generally.

However the game seems to me to be very 'rule-driven' - lots of rules you have to follow. (Just my non-professional impression) It's a shame therefore that there is a small minority (as in everything) that on one hand will follow all those rules - and yet on the other hand will use bushes opposite someone's home as a toilet. Why they cant do it in the facilities provided - or find a private place - where homeowners dont see them - I dont know. Shame - I think they bring disrepute to the game... well to themselves actually. The game stays 'golden' for the golfers who love their sport. And who, in the most part, are a great bunch of people.

We enjoy walking on the paths on the courses, but normally go in the evening when its cooler and there are no - or not many - golfers. Golf course 2 is also nice to wander around and its always empty day or evening it seems. There is also a prehistoric graveyard there (somewhere) that has been uncovered and fenced off with a plaque explaining the history - that was an interesting find.. must look out for it again.

Jon

I do agree that golfers, should they need to relieve themselves, should use the facilities provided or ensure that they do it discretely.

Regardless of the number of golfers using the course at any given time, it doesn't change the fact that the courses are private property and should only be used by people who have paid a green fee to play golf or employees of the company.

The prehistoric graveyard is to left of the 2nd fairway on the East course. It is accessible from the road just after the tunnel that leads from the 1st green to the 2nd tee. Regards Mike