Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Old May 17th 2011, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Without wishing to seem like a kill-joy or a Jobsworth, I would like to advise those people who like to take a stroll around the Costa Esuri golf courses that there have been a number of incidents recently involving some very near misses where walkers have wandered into the path of golfers. Incidentally, the courses themselves are private land and not open to the general public (including CE residents) even though the cart paths around the courses do seem to offer a nice footpath to follow. A golf ball travelling at over 100mph will, at the very least, hurt like hell if it hits you. Obviously, there is also a chance of more serious harm. On a similar note, dog-walkers are also not welcome on the courses as they (the dogs that is) tend to be indiscriminate about where they leave their mess.
Old May 17th 2011, 10:03 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Did that really happen? Did dogs poo on the golfcourse?
Old May 18th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
Did that really happen? Did dogs poo on the golfcourse?
especially in the 'bunkers'.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it is dog poo ?
Old May 18th 2011, 12:10 pm
Jur

I always wondered about that, where do you go if you urgently have to go while you´re on a golfcourse ???
Old May 18th 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
I always wondered about that, where do you go if you urgently have to go while you´re on a golfcourse ???

You use the porta loo's on the course, duh!!!! regards Bryony
Old May 18th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I have not been on many golf courses but never seen a portaloo. They must keep them well hidden.

I just remembered my wee house looking out onto posh course could not have had any as I could see people using the bushes !
Old May 18th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I have not been on many golf courses but never seen a portaloo. They must keep them well hidden.

I just remembered my wee house looking out onto posh course could not have had any as I could see people using the bushes !
FYI the toilets (male and also female) on Costa Esuri are on the 7th and 13th tee's. I have also been informed by Mike that they are not portaloo's but permanent structures. Regards Bryony
Old May 19th 2011, 8:58 am
Jur

Originally Posted by MikeCol

You use the porta loo's on the course, duh!!!! regards Bryony
I seriously did not know that.

Meanwhile, I´ve found some solutions for the current problems.
Attached Thumbnails Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses-imagesca8j2cbw.jpg   Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses-imagesca15mzup.jpg  
Old May 19th 2011, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeCol
FYI the toilets (male and also female) on Costa Esuri are on the 7th and 13th tee's. I have also been informed by Mike that they are not portaloo's but permanent structures. Regards Bryony
Thank you for the info, it is highly unlikely I will need it but thank you non the less.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jur
I seriously did not know that.

Meanwhile, I´ve found some solutions for the current problems.
Excellent
Old May 19th 2011, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you for the info, it is highly unlikely I will need it but thank you non the less.
You are most welcome
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Im not a golfer (even though we have a golf course property!)... and I cant claim to understand the game, but I've met some really fantastic golfers as a result of our time in CE. Good people generally.

However the game seems to me to be very 'rule-driven' - lots of rules you have to follow. (Just my non-professional impression) It's a shame therefore that there is a small minority (as in everything) that on one hand will follow all those rules - and yet on the other hand will use bushes opposite someone's home as a toilet. Why they cant do it in the facilities provided - or find a private place - where homeowners dont see them - I dont know. Shame - I think they bring disrepute to the game... well to themselves actually. The game stays 'golden' for the golfers who love their sport. And who, in the most part, are a great bunch of people.

We enjoy walking on the paths on the courses, but normally go in the evening when its cooler and there are no - or not many - golfers. Golf course 2 is also nice to wander around and its always empty day or evening it seems. There is also a prehistoric graveyard there (somewhere) that has been uncovered and fenced off with a plaque explaining the history - that was an interesting find.. must look out for it again.

Jon
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Walkers on the Costa Esuri Golf Courses

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Im not a golfer (even though we have a golf course property!)... and I cant claim to understand the game, but I've met some really fantastic golfers as a result of our time in CE. Good people generally.

However the game seems to me to be very 'rule-driven' - lots of rules you have to follow. (Just my non-professional impression) It's a shame therefore that there is a small minority (as in everything) that on one hand will follow all those rules - and yet on the other hand will use bushes opposite someone's home as a toilet. Why they cant do it in the facilities provided - or find a private place - where homeowners dont see them - I dont know. Shame - I think they bring disrepute to the game... well to themselves actually. The game stays 'golden' for the golfers who love their sport. And who, in the most part, are a great bunch of people.

We enjoy walking on the paths on the courses, but normally go in the evening when its cooler and there are no - or not many - golfers. Golf course 2 is also nice to wander around and its always empty day or evening it seems. There is also a prehistoric graveyard there (somewhere) that has been uncovered and fenced off with a plaque explaining the history - that was an interesting find.. must look out for it again.

Jon
We found the Ladies loo on our walk round the east course yesterday. It is just off the Boulevard near the electricity sub station and is a new tiled facility so no excuses use the proper place. If you walk a dog take a "poo" bag (they have them hung up near the veg in mercadona and they are free). If they poo in the rough its just an additional hazard but anywhere on the greens, sand, fairway or tees clear it up!
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

There are good and bad in everything. I lived overlooking a beautiful course and worked at the hotel where many golfers stayed. I can honestly say that that overall they were the worst guests in regard to room 'cleaniless' shall we say On the course some thought because they had paid the over inflated price to play on that course they could do what they wanted. On the issue of toilet in bushes..they thought because they were un seen from the course all was well ! In the club house some of their drunken bad behaviour was surpassed only by a bunch of dentists, the aftermath of which took all day to clean. The 'good' golfers were disgusted by them, the 'bad' ones get talked about.

Post added since I typed this, poo bags are free in Mercadona down your way ? curious as to why they are hung beside the veg ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.