Vets in Spain

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vets in Spain

Hi Lionda,

We've been to the vet tonight because our dog's annual vaccinations were due.
Although we've seen the vet a couple of times previously, they've only been to make initial enquiries and to register - so this was our first "paying" trip!

Shiloh had her vaccination, we asked lots of questions about various things and got unhurried advice, we received FREE worming tablets.....and then I asked what we owed.

You could have knocked me off the chair when he said 12 Euros!!!
I had to get him to repeat it, and he laughed and said "this isn't England, you know!"

What's more, we didn't have to make an appointment - the surgery is open from 5.30 until 8.30 and you just turn up.
We got there at 5.45, and walked straight into the consultation room!
No waiting around, our dog wasn't the least bit stressed....and the vet is handsome!!

We're going back in a fortnight for the rabies vaccination, so it will be very interesting to see how much that costs.
All a bit different to our UK vet - £20 just for walking in the door!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

chrisd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Me im a cat person but we did not at first have to much luck with them we did not bring one from england but when we moved here i bought a loverly grey blue ball of fluff cost 600€ it was coming up to christmas so we called him bauble like the things that hang of the tree and he spent a lot of time up the tree. It was ashame he was deaf he didn`t hear the tractor with the bailer coming i spent days calling his name and then the viallage kids found him he was in the centre of a bail.

Watch it with the lizards. we had a lovely ginger cat but it got a taste for lizards and one day its belly puffed up like a balloon and he passed away.

But now we have four three are the sons of the third cat we got she is up the duff again the cat pill sucks. She looks like a barrel at the moment its funny going to dig out my wifes wide load sign.

Oh and if its a girl cat your bringing get her done. as the boy cats well you know. Behind the bus shelter an all.
Sorry to hear about the cat... my dog had the same problem and was on the renal diet for years. She was eating the Royal Canin and the 2 or 2.5 kg bag was 15 Euros a time. Vaccinations and consults are cheaper than in UK but it can start to get expensive if you´re having to do regular tests, ops or the like.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

I have found the spanish vets excellent, our dog recently had a cut between his toes, needed anaesthetic and 3 stitches, cost was only 45 euros - that would have cost £100 easily in the UK
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:14 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All'
Been reading the posts on here with great interest.Its refreshing to know that I can look foward to cheaper vet bills when we move.Lionda your consultation fees are high I pay about £20.00.
My George had a operation on his leg the week before Xmas,he had xrays,blood tests and finally a ccartilageremoved the total cost was £1400 the insurance would not cover the cost because it was on the same leg he had previously been operated on,he had a cruciate removed two years ago,that was £1200,he has to have metacam on a regular basis and the large bottle of that is £46.00.Its crazy,I think the vets here charge what they like but I wouldnt be without him
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:24 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Our pip had a near fatal accident yesterday.....accidently jumped off a 20 odd foot cliff on to concrete and broken beer bottles. Amazingly the only thing he suffered was a missing claw, cut clean off! The vet checked him out thoroughly and everything is fine. He didn't charge us anything.

What I am most thankful for is that he is absolutely fine. He's even jumping off the porch and into the garden without any fear. How amazing is that?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:26 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Our pip had a near fatal accident yesterday.....accidently jumped off a 20 odd foot cliff on to concrete and broken beer bottles. Amazingly the only thing he suffered was a missing claw, cut clean off! The vet checked him out thoroughly and everything is fine. He didn't charge us anything.

What I am most thankful for is that he is absolutely fine. He's even jumping off the porch and into the garden without any fear. How amazing is that?

Oh my goodness Martha! Scary moment for you!! And for Pip. Glad he is ok. What a good vet you have not to charge you.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:37 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Oh my goodness Martha! Scary moment for you!! And for Pip. Glad he is ok. What a good vet you have not to charge you.
It was horrible Lionda!

I was a blubbering mess yesterday and today my legs still feel like jelly!

We were so very lucky....someone up there is looking out for us to be sure!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:41 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
It was horrible Lionda!

I was a blubbering mess yesterday and today my legs still feel like jelly!

We were so very lucky....someone up there is looking out for us to be sure!

Yes, someone is definitely looking out for Pip, lucky fella

Karma on it's way for you both
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, what a shock Martha!!

I've only just checked the updates on here, and was amazed to read about poor Pip!
It sounds like he had an incredibly lucky escape, bless him.

I can imagine how shaken up you feel - what a terrible shock
Of course, the most important thing is that Pip is OK. I'm sure he's being extra well loved and pampered at the moment!

I guess you won't fancy doing that particular walk for a while then!?

Take good care and give Pip a pat from me
Love Sam x
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:17 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by brisca
Oh my goodness, what a shock Martha!!

I've only just checked the updates on here, and was amazed to read about poor Pip!
It sounds like he had an incredibly lucky escape, bless him.

I can imagine how shaken up you feel - what a terrible shock
Of course, the most important thing is that Pip is OK. I'm sure he's being extra well loved and pampered at the moment!

I guess you won't fancy doing that particular walk for a while then!?

Take good care and give Pip a pat from me
Love Sam x
Thanks Sam!

Pip has fully recovered, but I am still having visions of him flying over that wall and making a million scenarios in my head of what could've happened or how it could've been prevented. Don't know where the switch is to turn those ugly thoughts off. Needless to say Michael thinks I'm mad, but that's nothing new *lol*
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Thanks Sam!

Pip has fully recovered, but I am still having visions of him flying over that wall and making a million scenarios in my head of what could've happened or how it could've been prevented. Don't know where the switch is to turn those ugly thoughts off. Needless to say Michael thinks I'm mad, but that's nothing new *lol*
Had he been watching Thelma & Louise.

Sorry to make fun, but sometimes that helps to banish horrific thoughts.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

Was it just a practise for the world record ?
See the list HERE
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Was it just a practise for the world record ?
See the list HERE
Wow jdr!
There are some amazing stories on there

There you go Martha, they should make you feel a bit better
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:28 pm
MnM

He was more than lilkely reading the article that jdr posted about the dog in Cardiff!

Thanks for making me smile guys
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

He was more than lilkely reading the article that jdr posted about the dog in Cardiff!

Thanks for making me smile guys
I watched the UK news and they had a dog in the studio that had jumped off a cliff, it had a plastered up front leg so he wasn`t so lucky.
I didn`t hear the story though but they showed the cliff, it looked really high.