Vets in Spain

Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:58 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vets in Spain

One of our cats has been diagnosed with kidney disease and is on a special diet and medication. Can anyone who is registered with a vet in Spain please enquire as to the costs of the special renal diet food (pouches and biscuits) and tablets -Fortekor. Currently she is on the Royal Canin brand of food prescribed by the vet. Also, what is the cost for a consultation in Spain? We pay £27.30 for a consultation.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Vets in Spain

Originally Posted by Lionda
One of our cats has been diagnosed with kidney disease and is on a special diet and medication. Can anyone who is registered with a vet in Spain please enquire as to the costs of the special renal diet food (pouches and biscuits) and tablets -Fortekor. Currently she is on the Royal Canin brand of food prescribed by the vet. Also, what is the cost for a consultation in Spain? We pay £27.30 for a consultation.
Where we are, Valencia, vets are much cheaper than the UK.

Ou local vet does an annual 'health plan' for our Westy.

Price includes:- Three check ups, rabies jab, DHPPil jab (not sure what that is!!), anti-parasite treatment, analaysis for Leishmania.

All for 75 euros (£52.50).
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:36 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Derek, it's good to know that vets are cheaper in Spain, it's costing a fortune for her treatment here. She is worth every penny though
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Derek, it's good to know that vets are cheaper in Spain, it's costing a fortune for her treatment here. She is worth every penny though
we have found vets to be much cheaper here, certianly for the normal yearly jabs.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:13 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by mikelincs
we have found vets to be much cheaper here, certianly for the normal yearly jabs.

Thanks Mike Err - is your avatar a picture of a ginger cat in a dress
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:23 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mike Err - is your avatar a picture of a ginger cat in a dress
ermm no, it's actually called 'shaved cat'
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:24 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by mikelincs
ermm no, it's actually called 'shaved cat'

Awwwww sweet
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:03 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

My dog has a liver problem and is also on a special diet for the rest of her life - Hill's L/D (which is along the same lines as the Royal Canin brand). That costs 68€ for a 14kg sack.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

laspain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
My dog has a liver problem and is also on a special diet for the rest of her life - Hill's L/D (which is along the same lines as the Royal Canin brand). That costs 68€ for a 14kg sack.
Hi, I read your post and hoped you may help. I live in La Linea (near Gibraltar) and have a 9 year old Husky who has been diagnosed with E. Coli which is proving impossible to get rid of, the antibiotics just "control" it. I have started giving him probiotics and just wondered what your opinion was if the food you mention may help him with his problem ? He currently gets reasonable quality biscuits and home cooked chicken, offal, veggies etc., but my english trainee vet has suggested that "one can never judge the exact nutricional content of home cooked food" - I have asked his mother to serve him Hills for his tea tomorrow !- but I do want to do everything I can to help my dog, do you think Hills would ?
Thanks
LA
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:01 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your dog's health problem.
I'm not a vet so rely on the diagnoses I get from my vet based on annual blood tests plus whatever info I can glean from the internet regarding herbal remedies that are suitable for dogs.
For my dog's specific problem, the Hill's dietary food is working well to keep the liver inflammation under control. But only your own vet can advise you on your own dog's health because each Hill's (or other brand) dietary food mix is specially formulated for the various conditions and if you feed the "wrong" one your pet's diet may be lacking in something essential or vice versa which is why you can only buy them from vets.
Best wishes.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:25 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Galicia we pay for 24 tins at about 1.20 per tin
That is about the same price as in The Netherlands.

The cat also has special dry food 3kg about 11 euros

All the food is made by Hills.

There are other brands but Tiger does not eat them.
He was diagnosed with his liver problems at the age of 8. He his now coming up to his 16 birthday so they can live a long time with liver problems.
Attached Thumbnails Vets in Spain-tiger1.jpg   Vets in Spain-tiger2.jpg   Vets in Spain-tiger3.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:24 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Here in Galicia we pay for 24 tins at about 1.20 per tin
That is about the same price as in The Netherlands.

The cat also has special dry food 3kg about 11 euros

All the food is made by Hills.

There are other brands but Tiger does not eat them.
He was diagnosed with his liver problems at the age of 8. He his now coming up to his 16 birthday so they can live a long time with liver problems.

Tiger is gorgeous He has done well to reach the age of 16 despite having liver problems. You must look after him really well. Gives me hope for my cat, Daisy, she seemed to lose her sight when first diagnosed with kidney disease but after 2 months of medication she seems to have some of her sight back and seems quite happy. She also had high blood pressure so the vet is hopeful that when he can stabilise her and get her blood pressure down she will see even better, Not as before, but at least she won't be blind.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:47 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Lionda
Our posting was done late at night and we made a mistake
Tiger suffers from poor kidneys not livers. So he is like your cat.
The post was written very late at night, after a long day and we found it a bit frustrating trying to put the correct size photos within the posting.
Some times Tiger manages to catch a small mouse or lizard and eats them so don’t be afraid if your cat has something she should not really eat. We have found that tiger seems to know exactly how much non-special food he can eat.
Thanks for the compliments about him. We are proud of him too. Last year we lost two other cats due to illness. One was a feral cat and she adopted us.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:59 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda
The post was written very late at night, after a long day and we found it a bit frustrating trying to put the correct size photos within the posting.
Some times Tiger manages to catch a small mouse or lizard and eats them so don’t be afraid if your cat has something she should not really eat. We have found that tiger seems to know exactly how much non-special food he can eat.
Thanks for the compliments about him. We are proud of him too. Last year we lost two other cats due to illness. One was a feral cat and she adopted us.

Hi, well Tiger is lucky to have you as owners as he is being taken care of and looks really well. Like you, we have already lost a cat to illness. In fact, it was kidney disease also, she (Spitz) was only 13 years old and went completely blind so it was very upsetting when Daisy was diagnosed with the same. Luckily she still has partical sight.

We had a beautiful ginger Tom (called Sidney) he was absolutely gorgeous but sadly he was run over right outside the house, he was only 14. They were inseparable and Spitz seemed to be looking for him after he was gone, she disappeared 6 weeks later and we are convinced she wandered off to find Sidney. Unfortunately it was January and a very cold frosty spell, by the time she was found it was too late. I like to think they are together now.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:08 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Lionda
Me im a cat person but we did not at first have to much luck with them we did not bring one from england but when we moved here i bought a loverly grey blue ball of fluff cost 600€ it was coming up to christmas so we called him bauble like the things that hang of the tree and he spent a lot of time up the tree. It was ashame he was deaf he didn`t hear the tractor with the bailer coming i spent days calling his name and then the viallage kids found him he was in the centre of a bail.

Watch it with the lizards. we had a lovely ginger cat but it got a taste for lizards and one day its belly puffed up like a balloon and he passed away.

But now we have four three are the sons of the third cat we got she is up the duff again the cat pill sucks. She looks like a barrel at the moment its funny going to dig out my wifes wide load sign.

Oh and if its a girl cat your bringing get her done. as the boy cats well you know. Behind the bus shelter an all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.