Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Urgent Moving to Gibraltar but not prepared! HELP!!

Urgent Moving to Gibraltar but not prepared! HELP!!

Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:29 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Moving to Gibraltar but not prepared! HELP!!

Originally Posted by jdr
She means combine quotes I think. ;-)
I think she meant combining two threads together, that's what I meant, anyway! (Same subject on Spain and Welcome Inn sections).

Thanks for explicit explanation about multi-quotes - I live and learn every day!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:31 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fred James
Why is it so surprising that there are areas in Spain where it is snowing and cold at the moment?

Most of Spain is at an altitude far higher than most UK towns - Madrid is well over 2000ft above sea level and the mountains in Spain make the UK hills look like molehills.

Right down here on the south coast we have a mountain only 5 km away that is way higher than Ben Nevis and the Sierra Nevadas are amongst the highest in Europe.
Too me its not a suprise.

Just funny as soon as you mention bad weather in Spain on Expat forums.

The link I posted was to that days RTV news warning of Red and Amber alerts in 44 provinces in Spain for gales and severe rain.

I`m sure you managed to watch it on the TV though.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

bad weather in Spain???? I thought that was only in Galicia, Cantabria, and Asturias
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:48 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Depends on what type of weather you clas as being bad.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

I define bad weather as: perpetual cloudiness,overabundance of sunshine, being under 60°F and being over 93°F in the year, hurricanes, earthquakes, mosquitos, windiness, severe lack of rain, snow, ice, fog, is there a place I can live that meets my parameters?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
I define bad weather as: perpetual cloudiness,overabundance of sunshine, being under 60°F and being over 93°F in the year, hurricanes, earthquakes, mosquitos, windiness, severe lack of rain, snow, ice, fog, is there a place I can live that meets my parameters?
San Diego & Honolulu, just like I told my parents.

Of COURSE it's expensive to live there. You can't have it all.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

bad weather in Spain???? I thought that was only in Galicia, Cantabria, and Asturias
No, I think it's only where expats don't live! it's always perfect there! "We sit outside all winter in just a T shirt!" Yes, right!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:45 pm
Banned

You find at least 8 of those in Spain.

I believe the moon may well be a good choice for you.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:19 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Bad weather in Asturias ???

No no no not really, a bit of rain. But the sun shines alot here (yesterday was 24!).

The time I have been here, there has been no ice or snow. Maybe up in the mountains.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:35 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
Bad weather in Asturias ???

No no no not really, a bit of rain. But the sun shines alot here (yesterday was 24!).

The time I have been here, there has been no ice or snow. Maybe up in the mountains.
SSShhhhhhh!! When you have paradise don't publicise it!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 11:42 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

OOOPs you're right. Let's hope we keep the North to ourselves..visitors welcome only.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:23 am
Banned

This was July 09, only meant as some fun I know Asturias is famous for long summer days.

http://www.20minutos.tv/video/aiuvAP...y-cantabria/0/

http://www.cazatormentas.net/foro/vi...-jose-manuel!/

Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
SSShhhhhhh!! When you have paradise don't publicise it!
Yes maybe Spain will have less foreigners coming to live.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:35 am

It's a two way street!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

What are these 8 places in Spain?

San Diego hmmm.....no thanks to Honolulu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.