Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Urgent Moving to Gibraltar but not prepared! HELP!!

Wikiposts

Urgent Moving to Gibraltar but not prepared! HELP!!

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:01 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Moving to Gibraltar but not prepared! HELP!!

Hi

I think someone adjusted their clocks wrongly, it is not April 1st

Davexf
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I think someone adjusted their clocks wrongly, it is not April 1st

Davexf
I blame *another thread*
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:23 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't you mention on the Spain forum that your father-in-law is living in Gibraltar? He's the best placed to give you advice....

P.S. This reminds me of "another thread", too!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say .... yet again .... that Fred & I and others check the posters that come on the forum.
Maybe giving people a bit of the benefit of the doubt would be nice ..... innocent until proved guilty and all that!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

WIFI hotspots ?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:38 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Do they now have them in Hospitals.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I blame *another thread*
Originally Posted by dmu
<snip>
P.S. This reminds me of "another thread", too!
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can I just say .... yet again .... that Fred & I and others check the posters that come on the forum.
Maybe giving people a bit of the benefit of the doubt would be nice ..... innocent until proved guilty and all that!
I was only attempting to be amusing regarding April 1st & Scarlet Plum Blossom....... however with the benefit of hindsight it does seem to go with the assumption that it's not a totally kosher thread, so I'm sorry.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Let´s start with the weather. Gib has its own micro climate, it can be gorgeous a few miles away whereas Gib is covered in cloud. It is crowded and I would hate to live there. What are you going to do for a job? There is no work around. I don´t like being negative but I don´t think you have thought this through.
Oh come on you know the most important thing for Brits is the sun, nothing else matters!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Ali_G is an unknown quantity at this point

Here where you can find more general information about Gibraltar

http://www.gibraltar.gov.gi
http://www.gibnet.com
http://www.gibraltar.gi
http://www.discovergibraltar.com
http://www.self-determination.gi
http://www.gib-online.com
http://www.gibnews.net
http://www.gibtalk.net
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

claire_dean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
There is one high street in Gib that is all. A small Marks, a small Next, and Top Shop but mainly cheap tobacco, alcohol and jewellery that is all. I suggest you go over for a visit and just suss it out before making any further decisions.
Hi Chiclanagir

Sorry for the late response ive been busy at work and couldn't manage the time to get on the forum to reply back to everyone's comments.

I have already sorted out my job but bloody'el you make Gibraltar sound like it's prison just kidding I know what you mean I really should go down there and check it out for myself before I make any final decision.
Thank you for your advise I appreciated it
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lunacrout
Claire - have you actually visited it even once - I mean are you seriously intending to just up sticks and move to a place you know next to nothing about apart from the fact that you can get british fish 'n' chips and the sun shines a bit?

Have you tried googling it at least? You may find info there about how long it'd take for your husband to join you

Hello lunacrout

Sorry for the late response ive been busy at work and couldn't manage the time to get on the forum to reply back to everyone's comments.

Thank you for the comment and advise, I have been doing a lot of research about Gibraltar on google but thank you for reminding me.
I haven't actually visited yet but I will be going soon. I actually have family and a few friends who already live there so thats why I am confident In my move there
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chulo
Hey M&S, just the place to buy knickers then, so no need to travel back to London on the weekend.

Trying to find them here could be a bit of a challenge...

If only M&S expanded across the globe.
Thanks for the info
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi and welcome

May I suggest you read the following link as your husband is not a European national

http://www.cab.gi/start/residency-in...ermenu-28.html
Hi

Thank you very much for that beneficial link it helped me
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottishwildcat
Hi try this site www.gibraltar.gov.gi they may have some answers. There are many different cultures living there some have never been out of gib. There is airport n fly to the uk. You also sharing with the apes they live up the rock and can be pain the arse. Its suppose to be tax free few things are but camera n phones are very dear , its cheaper in the uk. Booze n fags can be rank n rip offs. There is a supermarket morrisons has a bar in the cafe, and it can get very busy then lorry has been in. Its very dear to rent n buy there . It can get very cold one min then roasting the next.
shops la senza , oasis, top shop, dorothy perkins, m&s, peacocks. Watch out when you buy dvds there reign 1 n 2 as there lots of yanks keep happy.
go to you-tube see clips of gib.

Hello

Thank you for your informative comment I appreciate it
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmu
So, you've married an Egyptian who lives in Egypt and are travelling back and forth to Egypt to be together. Isn't it an option for you to live in his country?

Or for him to live in the UK with you, at least until you've made a sensible decision about where to live together?

You've given superficial reasons for choosing Gibraltar. What do you both do for a living? Are there job opportunities in Gibraltar for you both?

I know nothing about Visas from Arab countries, but it seems to me that the first thing to do is get your OH to obtain an exit Visa, if possible to cover the whole of the EU. While he's acquiring one which will allow him to reside in the UK and anywhere in the EU, you should sort out how you're both going to make a living wherever you decide to live. Post again with info on your respective professions and some one will tell you whether you've got a chance of getting jobs. IMHO that's more important than asking how long you'll have to wait for your OH to join you (which no one can answer, anyway...)
Hi

Well we've already sorted out jobs in Gibraltar so that isnt the issue. We both have family already in Gibraltar and a few friends so we thought it is ideal place to move too.
I wanted to find out how long will the whole process of him coming to live and becoming a gibraltarian citizen take? and what important documents am I required to show?

what is IMHO?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.