Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Turning colder...

Turning colder...

Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:02 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Turning colder...

Only a few days ago we had daytime temperatures of 26C here in Madrid. The forecast is now giving a maximum of 12C for Saturday... Brrrr... well it is November...

http://eltiempo.elpais.com/espana/madrid/madrid/9337
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:15 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turning colder...

It is not quite so cold on the Costas. We have a little more time to look out the winter woollies.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:44 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

here in Northern Granada we have night lows of 4c, day temps 15 to 20 and yesterday it rained for a couple of hours quite heavily
no fun on the A44 with Spanish drivers that have never learnt to drive in the rain
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
It is not quite so cold on the Costas. We have a little more time to look out the winter woollies.
Missile, Hi.its quite nice outside right now, I heard the rain last night, I cant wait for a gota fria or a big crackling storm, but its amazing, and I suffer with tendonitis really bad and although I can feel it, the pain is no where near immense, not only that but since I been here I have not took one tablet for the pain, where as in the UK i was on about 4 Naproxen a day.

I also noticed that the WHO voted this area one of the most healthiest places to live.

When I drove down I noticed about half way between here and Madrid about 200ks from Alicante you suddenly felt the power of the Sun, and that was early evening, It was a strange sensation but you knew you were in the south.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
here in Northern Granada we have night lows of 4c, day temps 15 to 20 and yesterday it rained for a couple of hours quite heavily
no fun on the A44 with Spanish drivers that have never learnt to drive in the rain
Its the ones that can drive that scare me !!!

Once in a Taxi from LLoret to somewhere we had a driver going so fast you could not see out the windscreen, I was scared, very scared.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:57 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - Saturday it ends here. We have 26 here during the day - from Saturday it will be 13. Still can't complain eh? It is November!

I'm actually looking forward to being able to light the woodburner.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:05 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Yup - Saturday it ends here. We have 26 here during the day - from Saturday it will be 13. Still can't complain eh? It is November!

I'm actually looking forward to being able to light the woodburner.
Ahh the romance of the real fire!
We sparked ours up the other night...lovely! A few hours later I realised it might have been a bit early as I was sat in my Jocks and Tshirt with the patio doors open
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:15 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy,

Hope you are enjoying Rojales.

I too suffer from pain and know how debilitating it can be. I was prescribed Diclafenac Sodium (which I believe is similar to Naproxen) and some very strong (class A) pain killers.

The Farmacia in Rojales is very good, they will get you any medication you require, just take the pack you were prescribed in UK and they will find it or the Spanish equivalent for you.

Regards, Bob.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Its Quesada really, but I love it, yes, and i really regret not doing it 2/3/4/ years ago now. However for the first couple of weeks of being here I could not get out of holiday mode, but then again I never had a holiday this year so............but money going out and not coming in got me a bit down last week, but now I am happy, some money is coming in now and it feels like home too.

Cool, I was on Dicloflenac on and off when I had the pain, but it started to get worse every day, but I think my body got used to it (diclo) and just before I came here I asked for something stronger which I believe the Naproxen to be, both though give me a stomach and back ache, I really don't like being on the Dicloflenac, its not so bad in doses if and when you need but long term I do not like it, I think it has some very bad publicity and some doctors do not like to give it now. In time I think the EU will ban it, I think they should now if they are unsure.

thanks for the advice too.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:41 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Its Quesada really, but I love it, yes, and i really regret not doing it 2/3/4/ years ago now. However for the first couple of weeks of being here I could not get out of holiday mode, but then again I never had a holiday this year so............but money going out and not coming in got me a bit down last week, but now I am happy, some money is coming in now and it feels like home too.

Cool, I was on Dicloflenac on and off when I had the pain, but it started to get worse every day, but I think my body got used to it (diclo) and just before I came here I asked for something stronger which I believe the Naproxen to be, both though give me a stomach and back ache, I really don't like being on the Dicloflenac, its not so bad in doses if and when you need but long term I do not like it, I think it has some very bad publicity and some doctors do not like to give it now. In time I think the EU will ban it, I think they should now if they are unsure.

The Farmacia in Quesada is good but I find they are much more helpful in Rojales.

If and when you visit Rojales, you must visit Bar Lucas across the street from the Farmacia
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Will do, ill let you know how I get on
Old Nov 14th 2013, 11:09 am
Started off with nothing

I might see you there. I will be the one drinking coffee cortado with brandy.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ok, ill PM you soon, maybe we can meet up to say hello, discuss our ailments lol
Old Nov 14th 2013, 11:26 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666

Yes - I take diclofenac on an occasional basis and a low dose - 50 mg - which I am assured by an extremely highly qualified nurse friend should be no problem at all. He has to take continuous high doses and is somewhat worried but he has little choice until he has an op - hopefully soon.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I think chemists are the best to ask as they probably are more into the specifics of tablets than the doctors who dish them out.

Nobody has said small doses to me are bad, but I guess for 2/3 years on and off and then I had a spate before I came out her of going through a lot of it.

Its weird that although I feel pain here I can live with it for now, without taking anything, maybe come December that will change.

Also I will join the Spanish health system v.soon and I hope maybe they find a better solution than that I got in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.