Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Toros - tide turning?

Toros - tide turning?

Old May 3rd 2010, 8:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toros - tide turning?

Originally Posted by agoreira
Make your mind up!
Trouble is, I go off topic like anyone else and then I have to end up moderating myself!
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
OK guys, please let's get back on topic.

The thread is about Toros in Spain not about fox hunting in the UK or Catholic priests.
Im all for hunting catholic priests
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Trouble is, I go off topic like anyone else and then I have to end up moderating myself!
It's easily done! happens to the best of us!
Old May 4th 2010, 3:57 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for the interesting posts.

Frank 'El Ingles' Evans claims the only part of bullfighting that is out of order is the use of the descabello sword to break the bull's spinal cord at the end of a fight, or when the matador has failed to make the kill with the sword.

Is it true that he has made yet another comeback?
Old May 4th 2010, 6:03 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

He did make a comeback last August at Benalmadena.

It was mainly to promote his autobiography which was published then.

I have read it but it seemed to have more about his time looking after George Best than about bullfighting!

For a man of 67 who has a replacement knee and recently had a quadruple bypass it's a pretty strange way to spend an afternoon in Benalmadena!
Old May 23rd 2010, 7:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIOQDyF1LKU

Wow - how's Julio Aparicio doing after that goring?
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIOQDyF1LKU

Wow - how's Julio Aparicio doing after that goring?
http://www.diariosur.es/rc/20100522/...005221143.html
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:32 am

Their days aren't numbered in Catalunya.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espan...lpepunac_2/Tes
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Their days aren't numbered in Catalunya.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espan...lpepunac_2/Tes
surely that means that they are very much numbered, rather than not
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:02 am
Just Joined

carlos88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am out her. In Spain. Just moved over here and I'm
training to be a bullfighter. As for
catalunya it's apparently
banned there. But there's ones
up every week some were . Catalunya voted and bullfighting to stay. They said the vote was corrupt so they voted again and was banned in catalunya. As for the bulls andalucian bull are
by far the most muscular, most brave. Anf most dangerous. Most of the bulls in Spain used in the cartels are from southern Spain. Ad for
the rest of the topic I didn't read all. But will
never banned from Spain . To many people will loose
the jobs. So much money will be lost through bullfighting. It's one of spains biggest money makers. As for the person who
said about more go to the Market in torramalinos then a corrida it's beacuse there all apprentice matadors who go. There's never no professionals. But what to the tourists know. And any comments of
why I'm training to be a bullfighter that are bad I'm
not intrested in hearing them.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carlos88
up every week some were . Catalunya voted and bullfighting to stay. They said the vote was corrupt so they voted again and was banned in catalunya. As for the bulls andalucian bull are
by far the most muscular, most brave. Anf most dangerous. Most of the bulls in Spain used in the cartels are from southern Spain. Ad for
the jobs. So much money will be lost through bullfighting. It's one of spains biggest money makers. As for the person who
said about more go to the Market in torramalinos then a corrida it's beacuse there all apprentice matadors who go. There's never no professionals. But what to the tourists know. And any comments of
Cataluña is in the process of banning bullfighting - it isn't banned yet
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Apparently it was banned . Be for. From the votes . But a lot more horse back bullfighting has been going on . I think it's going to go portugals way . Were the bull does not get killed in the ring but out side by the butcher. Catalunya will loose out so much money tho . Plus the plaza de toros on Barcelona is such a nice stadium . Also juan carlos has said while
he is the thrown he will not let bullfigting be banned!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What is your name going to be "Percy the Plumber"
Go to the carboot and count the people, then go to the ring and count the people.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
What is your name going to be "Percy the Plumber"
Go to the carboot and count the people, then go to the ring and count the people.
Go to Granada to day . Sold out . Madrid las ventas. Been sold out all season . It's cos it's over priced there. If it wasn't for the tourist paying 60 € a ticket it wouldn't make any think. Go in land only 10 - 30 € a ticket .
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:13 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Then all I have to say is....I eagerly look forward to seeing you in the news horribly gored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.