Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

"Time to say goodbye"

"Time to say goodbye"

Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Time to say goodbye"

Originally Posted by derbyflan
That's something I'd have probably kept to myself!

Especially the 'done that' part!
oh don't worry, there was absolutely no "doing" !!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:46 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Mitz
A friend of mine left here last year to live in Thailand,we are still in touch,he is loving every minute.
Hope you get everything you wish for
All the best xx
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poollounger
Ah Mitzi......when you meet her make sure she is an expert masseur.. and a wonderful cook as well. Having been there twice after it having been on my list of places I had no interest in visiting, I love the place. Where are you going to try and base yourself ?? North, South on an island ,or somewhere on the mainland??
Good luck..
Hi poollounger . I to love it but it could be a different thing visiting and living there. I have a couple of good friends there who I am sure will look after me. One lives in Koh Samui and the other lives with the most gentle beautifull woman you could wish to meet and is all the things you say and more. If I am blessed to meet somebody like her then I will truly have everything a man wants.. So that is where I will probable end up.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:01 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi poollounger . I to love it but it could be a different thing visiting and living there. I have a couple of good friends there who I am sure will look after me. One lives in Koh Samui and the other lives with the most gentle beautifull woman you could wish to meet and is all the things you say and more. If I am blessed to meet somebody like her then I will truly have everything a man wants.. So that is where I will probable end up.
There are a couple of BE peoples who live there too mitzy, Wellington is one that springs to mind.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:45 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hello Mitzipurr

I wrote my first reply hours ago and then the darn PC crashed so I am trying again.

Thailand, well that's different from Costa de la Luz!

I wish you every happiness and joy and I sincerely pray you find peace in both your heart and mind.

As Derbyflan said, might be the biggest favour she ever did you. Just don't rush into something that you may later regret...................

my best wishes go to you, regards crispy
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with everything, I have enjoyed reading your posts, and thank you for sharing with us your experience,
Life is a journey, not a destination.

love

maryx x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:42 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Koh Samui.....I stayed in the Laem Set Inn... a little piece of paradise far from the main tourist areas. Run by a Brit and his Thai wife. We stayed in one of the 'Shacks' on the beach, but as it was quiet they offered us a proper room further up.. we opted to stay where we were and play at being Gauguin. Their sunset bar at the top reminded me of the French planters house in the film of South Pacific.. Koh Panang is another beautiful island.
You may miss European culture, but the island life will compensate. Of course the 'holiday attraction' of any place diminishes when it becomes your permanent home, but for a while at least it will feel very special. Bon Voyage.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:07 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

If you are able let us know how your new life pans out, starting again can be very painful but often opens new doors that you would never have discovered otherwise. I am sure that I would not be living in Spain if my life had not been turned upside down by a previous partner.

Good luck these difficult times will ease and life will once more be good, especially in such a wonderful place.
Yvonne
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

From one Mitzy to another ...... good luck to you wherever you go
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Good Luck from me too. I hope everything works out well and you have a fabulous new life!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:06 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi to all one further question and then in the words of that very beautifull song its "Time to say goodbye" and I will be shortly moving on to the LOS to try and find true happiness and rebuild my shattered life again after being betrayed by a woman who 14 years ago promised to love honour etc etc.

I will shortly be recieving a large cheque for my share from the sale of the house in euros. Does anybody know the best way to transfer it to the uk to be deposited into a sterling account. The cheque will have to firstly be deposited into the Banco Sabedell Atlantico into a Cuenta Mas account. If anybody can help it would be much appreciated. You can PM me if you wish.

Finally I would like to thank everybody in the past for all their help and assistance and have very much enjoyed being a part of this vast cyberspace communuity.

Adios

Mitzipurr
Hi Mitzi,

Banco Sabadell is Solbank or Solbank is part of the Sabadell group, if I'm not mistaken. They have branches in the UK, or at least one in London. Ask the bank manager how you can open an acct in the UK and get the money transferred across. The transfer should not have a cost attached to it, but the conversion € to £ might. Ask at Halifax as well so that you can compare.

Best of luck in whatever you do and please do try and keep in touch. I'm sure they have internet connections in Thailand too

Martha
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been to Thailand yet, but has some friends who are out there, all male Maybe it's a male paradise. LOL.

Wish you much happiness and hope that life is good to you.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:28 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in your new life.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and keep in touch, you are still an expat ;-)
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:24 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry things have not worked out for you ,and you have had a tough few months.I wish you all the best in your travels and hope that everything pans out for you ........Take good care and the very best of luck for the future.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.