TIE question

Old Jun 2nd 2021, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIE question

Originally Posted by Joppa
They keep a separate record of when you first got your green certificate so you can exchange your TIE for permanente at the correct time.
They don't backdate the date though we'll Malaga don't . My Tie has expiry date 5 years from issue I have been resident on green card nearly 3 years. My wife who only got residency last summer shows per her TIE resident longer than me. It actually makes no difference to me in reality.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
If you're pre-Brexit then on the front of the card it says "Artículo 50 TUE" and on the back it says what the other poster mentioned two posts above.
Mine doesn't have that on the front, has the same stuff on the back
On the front under permit type, it just has RESI Y TRABAJO TEMPORAL NATIONAL DE REINO UNIDO.

I must be special
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
They don't backdate the date though we'll Malaga don't . My Tie has expiry date 5 years from issue I have been resident on green card nearly 3 years. My wife who only got residency last summer shows per her TIE resident longer than me. It actually makes no difference to me in reality.
If you so wished, you could get a new card when you have had it for two years and it would last another 10 years, but you may as well wait the 5 years and then swap it.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpacemanP
I have a question also about TIE.

How do we know if our new TIE states if we were living and working in Spain prior to Brexit actually happening (DEC 2020).

I exchanged my green card for the new TIE today, but no where on the card does it state the date I actually arrived in 2018, it just has the card issue date and well, personally I'd like it to state I was here DEC 2020, so that if anything happens there is proof I am eligible for pre-brexit benefits if needs be.

Thanks in advanced
There are several dates on my TIE, on the front my birthdate then the expiry date. On the back is the issue date.
Most important are the words on the front
”PERMANENTE ARTICULO 50 TUE”
This is what gives us the protection under the WA.
PS. They gave me back my green card (Huelva)

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 2nd 2021 at 12:54 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevesainty
If you so wished, you could get a new card when you have had it for two years and it would last another 10 years, but you may as well wait the 5 years and then swap it.
Yes that's what I thought. As I say not an issue for me .
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Most important are the words on the front
”PERMANENTE ARTICULO 50 TUE”
This is what gives us the protection under the WA.
PS. They gave me back my green card (Huelva)
I don't think that is what protects you under WA? I think that simply shows you are a permanent resident. Mine shows "Temporal" on the front temporary resident. On the back it says "Emitido Bajo Art18.4 Acuerdo Retirida" which is issued under article 18.4 of Withdrawal Agreement. It is article 18.4 which gives us protection in accordance with WA no matter if Temporary or permanent resident.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

My TIE issued in Alicante in August last year makes no mention of Art. 50 nor is their any reason for it to do so as Art. 50 is merely the clause in EU law which lays out the procedures to be followed by any member wishing to leave, it has no more to do with UK's departure than that and is nothing whatsoever to do with the WA or the way it is being implemented by Spain. The claim that it's that wording which is "most important" is patently untrue, it's the reference to Art. 18.4 of the WA on the reverse which is pertinent.

The date on the front is that on which your EX-23 was submitted and does not automatically mean that your residency began on that day.

For those who previously held green residencias it's the issue date of that which counts, that will be a matter of record with most government agencies and it would be astonishing if it were not also included in the data held in the chip in the TIE.

First time applicants yes, the issue date will signal the beginning of their residency.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 5:49 am
Just Joined

SpacemanP is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, mine doesn't say that on the front, it does however say the wording the poster wrote above.