Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things I Love Doing in Spain

Things I Love Doing in Spain

Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things I Love Doing in Spain

Originally Posted by crispygirl
OUCH!! Roasemary you know where to hit a girl to make her cry
You conjured up such a lovely picture in my mind when you wrote about your grandchildren imitating you in the pool. What I love about young kids is that they do these things in complete innocence and are oblivious to peoples feelings that it is absolutely hilarious. mKnowing your sense of humour I then immediately imagined you exagerating their mimicking and doing it back to them and so on until you all twisted yourselves so much that it hurt and of course laughed so much that the poolk filled a little more.

No offence meant.

Rosemary
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:00 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Oddities
You conjured up such a lovely picture in my mind when you wrote about your grandchildren imitating you in the pool. What I love about young kids is that they do these things in complete innocence and are oblivious to peoples feelings that it is absolutely hilarious. mKnowing your sense of humour I then immediately imagined you exagerating their mimicking and doing it back to them and so on until you all twisted yourselves so much that it hurt and of course laughed so much that the poolk filled a little more.

No offence meant.

Rosemary

No offence taken Rosemary, if nothing I do have a good sense of humour, I was only pretending at having hurt feelings

You are right about children being oblivious to peeps feelings. Last year I had five grandkids here and there parents for two week I cooked three meals a day everyday for them, all I got after every meal was, "thank you Christine that was nice. One Sunday Mal cooked roast and after we had finished one of the kids said "Hands up who thinks grand-dad makes the best dinner in Spain" with that they all jumped up waving both their hands in the air say "YES, YES grand-dad makes the best dinner". I have to say Rosemary I am a tough old boot but I had to go inside and get a tissue I was so hurt....
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:02 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

No offence taken Rosemary, if nothing I do have a good sense of humour, I was only pretending at having hurt feelings

You are right about children being oblivious to peeps feelings. Last year I had five grandkids here and there parents for two week I cooked three meals a day everyday for them, all I got after every meal was, "thank you Christine that was nice. One Sunday Mal cooked roast and after we had finished one of the kids said "Hands up who thinks grand-dad makes the best dinner in Spain" with that they all jumped up waving both their hands in the air say "YES, YES grand-dad makes the best dinner". I have to say Rosemary I am a tough old boot but I had to go inside and get a tissue I was so hurt....
I hope you made Grandad do the cooking after that!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:12 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I hope you made Grandad do the cooking after that!!

Well... there is a bit of a story behind it. Grandad and I had a bit of an argument earlier in the morning, I don't allow the kids to eat in the front room and he had given then something to eat whilst they watched the TV, so I sort of lost it it big time, I had asked them to go and eat at the table and they said "but grandad said". Oh dear red rag to a bull:curse:

He was in the kitchen washing up, I took the leg of lamb from the fridge and hurled it across the room, it landed next to him, I went back to bed. Next thing I knew I could smell dinner, when I got up it was already on the table.

That evening I asked him how he knew I wanted him to cook the dinner, he said it was probably they way the meat landed next to him, he took it as a hint. The truth of the matter is he is a very good cook (was a cook in his youth for his sins) and his roasts are a lots better than mine, and his yorkshire puddings are to die for So now if we are having a roast then it's his job. Oh another pink job bites the dust and becomes blue

Last edited by crispy; Aug 15th 2007 at 2:11 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:28 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Well... there is a bit of a story behind it. Grandad and I had a bit of an argument earlier in the morning, I don't allow the kids to eat in the front room and he had given then something to eat whilst they watched the TV, so I sort of lost it it big time, I had asked them to go and eat at the table and they said "but grandad said". Oh dear red rag to a bull:curse:

He was in the kitchen washing up, I took the leg of lamb from the fridge and hurled it across the room, it landed next to him, I went back to bed. Next thing I knew I could smell dinner, when I got up it was already on the table.

That evening I asked him how he knew I wanted him to cook the dinner, he said it was probably they way the meat landed next to him, he took it as a hint. The truth of the matter is he is a very good cooked (was a cook in his youth for his sins) and his roasts are a lots better than mine, and his yorkshire puddings are to die for So now if we are having a roast then it's his job. Oh another pink job bites the dust and becomes blue
Oh well at least some good came out of it But I cant believe you missed him with that lef of lamb
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that you were only pretending but that is the trouble with pixels you cannot be sure.

Typical reaction about the roast too and a tissue would have been necessary for me too.

I am with Pam about you missing with the leg of lamb, were you not in the rounders team at school????????

Suggest you get some practice at throwing in so that another pink job could be thrown his way, slowly, slowly the jobs are changing colour, excellent work.

Rosemary
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Suggest you get some practice at throwing in so that another pink job could be thrown his way.

Rosemary
Or two.

Graham
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:01 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Like...

Sunbathing with a beer
Siesta
Swimming in the sea
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:23 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

at least the meat would have been tenderized from being thrown about!!!I know what you mean, why is it we can cook day after day, mostly without a word of thanks, and when the male in the household finally decides to actually cook, we have to do bloody cartwheels???:curse:
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:53 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
at least the meat would have been tenderized from being thrown about!!!I know what you mean, why is it we can cook day after day, mostly without a word of thanks, and when the male in the household finally decides to actually cook, we have to do bloody cartwheels???:curse:

What really used to get my goat was when he said ive washed your windows for your - or ive done the washing up for you - bloody ell red rag to a bull. He soon learned though - only says it now to wind me up but the kids have cottoned on now and they do push their luck sometimes - but all still have both legs in working order i am happy to say.