Reload this Page >

Telmicro Levante

Telmicro Levante

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Checkitfirst will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Telmicro Levante

Originally Posted by twyntub
Well, it was a quote from the Spanish press article that was posted, and hence already in the public domain.

That doesn't answer the (obvious) question about whether any rebroadcasters have rights (other than Spanish broadcasting rights) to rebroadcast copyrighted material.

For example, I own a DVD player and many DVDs. I have the right to watch them whenever I want. It's perfectly legal, I have all the correct licences.

What I cannot do is pin a notice on my front door and invite my neighbours around to watch DVDs, whether paid for or not. That would be against the law (illegal) as I don't have a licence to rebroadcast.

It would seem to me that the same is true of anyone rebroadcasting anything BBC / ITV or SKY related.
Being in the Public Domain does not prevent it being subject to legal process or scrutiny. It also does not mean that there was any legal right to place such information in the public domain, or that the information had been properly verified. This is why newspapers are sued for libel so often.

As to the other copyright issues, I fully agree. However, as I have had a good customer experience with Telmicro, I am prepared to accept what they publish on their web site whilst at the same time making my own checks on the legality (and morality) of their rebroadcasting. This will enable me to make an informed choice based on researched and verified information rather than a knee-jerk reaction from press sensationalism and information and advice from individuals who may well be profiting from the current climate of uncertainty. This is a general observation on human nature, not an accusation against any company, organisation or individual. I think (please correct) it was Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) who wrote "There is little happens in the affairs of men without someone profits."
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goodison
When I fit the twin outlet LNB to my dish, do I then have to get someone in to realine the dish?
if you are very very careful, and do not move the LNB holder, and keep the correct skew (rotation angle) of the LNB, you should be ok.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Checkitfirst
Being in the Public Domain does not prevent it being subject to legal process or scrutiny. It also does not mean that there was any legal right to place such information in the public domain, or that the information had been properly verified. This is why newspapers are sued for libel so often.

As to the other copyright issues, I fully agree. However, as I have had a good customer experience with Telmicro, I am prepared to accept what they publish on their web site whilst at the same time making my own checks on the legality (and morality) of their rebroadcasting. This will enable me to make an informed choice based on researched and verified information rather than a knee-jerk reaction from press sensationalism and information and advice from individuals who may well be profiting from the current climate of uncertainty. This is a general observation on human nature, not an accusation against any company, organisation or individual. I think (please correct) it was Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) who wrote "There is little happens in the affairs of men without someone profits."
You're right about profiteering, families up and down the coast are profiting by discovering the art of conversation once again...

I just hope it works out for everybody, especially all those that have just paid good money for their subscriptions
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I notice that a number of the other providers are now saying that the SKY channels are not now available due to new rules/laws, the company that is often present in Carrefour near us is currently displaying that notice. We are Ok as we use a community arial that only broadcasts the free to view channels.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:57 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I notice that a number of the other providers are now saying that the SKY channels are not now available due to new rules/laws, the company that is often present in Carrefour near us is currently displaying that notice. We are Ok as we use a community arial that only broadcasts the free to view channels.
in the uk and had very good chat to some hight in the bbc and you see them going off air aswell itv ch4 ch5
bbc have ask this company to stop rebrodcasting as the copyrights
one brodcaster has told the copyright people (SGAEā€™s) that thay pay the bbc , when the bbc as implicated in a decision in Spain
you can have dish at you house and watch it (no problem with that )
distribution off any channel in EU is not allowed when there is a person gain Ie you pay any per month to a rebroadcaster #1 the company should have a right paper work with loacl dept of communications
#2 that the brodcaster should have a contract is an exchange of promises between two or more parties to do or refrain from doing an act which is enforceable in a court of law.
free veiw channel are for you home use only not to made money off

bbc itv ch4 ch5 do charge cable company to rebrodcast in the uk ireland

if you have 10 house and put in a privet network and dont make a profit you ok
( blind eye ) what happens , but could be ask to stop are end up in court

bbc itv ch4 ch5 rte1/2 tv3 tg4 utv skysports and few more channel only want there single to got in uk ireland that why we have to ues big dish in some area off spain (astra 2d )
and dont have to pay big copyrights bills aswell
sky charge from 1000 euros per month for pubs to show skysports per month
thay take 90% off the income that cable company get for selling there channels via cable/mmds
most rebrodcaster in spain and Eu are uesding privets accounts and sky dont make any money for it bbc itv and so on

thay many say and have the right pay work but when you rebrodcasting channels you braking the law

what happen is freeview will end due to this rebrodcast and all end up have to pay very hight for it
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:55 am
Just Joined

goodison is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
Yes

normally on most receivers, you plug the scart cable in to the scart connection on the reciver that says "TV" - if you do not have a scart connection on your reciver, then you will need a scart cable with red, white and yellow "component" connections, which your reciver may have. isnt your coship already conencted to the telly????

the pin number for a sky card is normally the last 4 digitals of the sky card number - however, this may be different if you have had a replacement card - in which case it wil be the last 4 digital of the opriginal card - or someone has changed it. a tip maybe to give the box a few minutes before jumping to "reprogramme" (change the default transponder). To change the PIN press serives, and 3 (parental control) - you must know the current pin to access this!
Well today is the day and I'm trying to reprogramme my Co-Ship box, getting nowhere at present. The menu on my remote control is working and I've got into manual install. I've changed the frequency from 290.0 to 28.3 (and I've also had a go at 28.5), pressed the search and received the message "failure".

Before changing the frequency my manual install menu said frequency MHz 290.0, symbol rate (KS/s) 7000, QAM QAM16 and search mode single. What do you think I am doing wrong|?
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

goodison is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
you will need to get a twin output LNB for your dish - in my opinion invacom C120 are best or prime focus dishes, but depending on your dish will determine the type of LNB you require - there are prime focus dishes (LNB is focussed on the centre of the dish) and offset where the LNB is focussed at an angle to the dish.

you will then need to run a cable from the second output to the reciever second location - in your case the bedroom and connect the receiver to the TV via scart.

in theory, you need to go to the main menu of the reciver, select astra 2 or eurobird (satellites at 28.3 or 28.5) and do a scan of the channels - selecting the FTA (freetoair) option so that it picks up only the free channels. however, in some cases TM may have disabled access ot the menu via a PIN and so you will need to know this to access channels - some recivers - i dont know about the coships, do have a manual factory reset button on the motherboard (most laptops pc do also, you just have to locate it and you can disable any passwords that lock access to the BIOS!)
Me again. A neighbour is also trying to help me and suggested that I go into Auto Scan. That reads at present frequency (MHz) 657.0, symbol rate (KS/s) 6667, QAM QAM16, TV:0, Radio:0. Again when I press search, it comes up as failure. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:09 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goodison
Well today is the day and I'm trying to reprogramme my Co-Ship box, getting nowhere at present. The menu on my remote control is working and I've got into manual install. I've changed the frequency from 290.0 to 28.3 (and I've also had a go at 28.5), pressed the search and received the message "failure".

Before changing the frequency my manual install menu said frequency MHz 290.0, symbol rate (KS/s) 7000, QAM QAM16 and search mode single. What do you think I am doing wrong|?
first of all is your coship actually a satellite receiver? does it have FTA satellite receiver on the reciver itself?
have you aligned your satellite dish to the correct satellite? (as mentioned you cannot use your tm mesh aerial for satellite signals so i hope you are using a dish!) if you are using a satellie beeper to help in locatin satellites, rememebre it only beeps when it finds a signal, it does not tell you which satellite you are on - 13, 16, 19, 26 degrees for example are all close together!)
have you set the LNB setting to universal for astra28.2?
best it to try the frequency of 12441, polarisation, symbol rate V 27500 FEC 2/3 which is on Astra 2b South at 28.2 - if you get the BBC streams you are at least on the correct satellite. set your box for a manuasl search on astra 28.2 and on the frequency i mentioned, make sure your dish is lined up correctly, you should see signal strenght and quality shoot up if you are getting a signal, and then scan. the frequencies you have posted here are not satellite frequencies, but TM frequencies!

Last edited by The Guy; Aug 24th 2008 at 11:19 am.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It's the rebroadcasting that is the problem, anyone getting thier channels direct from a dish shold be OK, as long as their card isn't one you have to pay a fee for as that can be cut off by SKY. The FTV channels just need a FTV card, which in the UK was a one off payment. It isn't illegal to receive the programmes, BUT it is against SKY rules as you can only use the card in the UK, as that fact is in your contract, but the most they can do is to disable your card.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:51 am
Just Joined

chrisy is an unknown quantity at this point

OK Satandpcguy, I am going to probably embarrass myself with my question as anything beyond clicking my remote control to turn on the TV is foreign to me. Here goes! We purchased our house in Torrevieja late last year and had Telmicro come out with one of their famous mesh dishes and, voila! TV. Of course, now we have no TV signal as a result of the Telmicro mess. Anyway, when we moved into the house, there was already a TV signal through a satellite dish on the roof but it was receiving German programmes - this was disconnected when Telmicro installed their dish. Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to get any English TV at all by getting the box re-programmed and having the German's satellite dish re-connected? Also, sorry if this question has been asked previously, but there were so many pages to pour through and read - it was quicker to just ask. Thank you.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:26 pm

Quick answer....
the satellite with the german channels is astra 19 - mainly used for mainland europe channels - but there are a few english ones like sky news and bbc news.

the main uk channels are located on the astra 2 satellites at 28.2 degrees, so to even get some uk channels you will need to move your dish anticlockwise by about 10 degrees and move the inclination slightly down...then you will need to do a search on your receiver for astra2 and eurobird 1 channels - on an 80cm you will not get bbc and itvs but you will get some...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:38 am
Just Joined

[

Thank you for your reply, it's all a bit technical, you wouldn't know of anyone in the Torrevieja area who would know how to set this up, would you?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:45 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

would know two guys that would be exarm lads and are Engineers in the tv and radio feild , Ian Faulkner very good and knonaged in this
Tel 966 718 364 or 619 690 469
tell i sent you and many be help over the phone are not will call out
jurdy

tell me how you got on
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jurdyr
would know two guys that would be exarm lads and are Engineers in the tv and radio feild , Ian Faulkner very good and knonaged in this
Tel 966 718 364 or 619 690 469
tell i sent you and many be help over the phone are not will call out
jurdy

tell me how you got on
Great! Thank you so much - I'll give them a call - and I will tell them you sent me. I'll let you know what comes of it all.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by chrisy
[

Thank you for your reply, it's all a bit technical, you wouldn't know of anyone in the Torrevieja area who would know how to set this up, would you?
It isn't me, but if you click on to Sat&PCGUYS name, you can find his website, he isn't that far from where you are looking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.