Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telmicro Levante

Wikiposts

Telmicro Levante

Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:33 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telmicro Levante

Originally Posted by goodison
Thanks for all the info, I think I understand it all. Is it possible to get the freeview through the Co-ship box and mesh aerial or is that aerial no good now? Do you need to leave the Telmicro card in the box or do you take it out?

Sorry, still being a bit dumb!
to get satellite signals you require a satellite dish.
a mesh aerial is no good fr getting satellite siganls direct from the satellite - just "robbed" siganls from the rebroadcasters.
as mentioned, it should be possible to reprogramme your coship to receive the siganls from the satellite, if access to the menu search functions are not blocked.
it will ony be able to receive the free (ie unencrypted) signals
a telemicro card will only decode the telemicro signals.
you need a sky card and a sky reciver to view sky pay channels.

on a side note and my mission to clear up confusion: "freeview" the trading name of UK only digital tv service, available via a TV aerial, broadcast only from UK transmitters. there are channels on freeview (like Dave) that are not available for free on Freesat. the spanish do have their version of "freeview" called TDT.es - 30plus digital tv cahnnels by your tv aerial - see tdt.es.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

goodison is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
to get satellite signals you require a satellite dish.
a mesh aerial is no good fr getting satellite siganls direct from the satellite - just "robbed" siganls from the rebroadcasters.
as mentioned, it should be possible to reprogramme your coship to receive the siganls from the satellite, if access to the menu search functions are not blocked.
it will ony be able to receive the free (ie unencrypted) signals
a telemicro card will only decode the telemicro signals.
you need a sky card and a sky reciver to view sky pay channels.

on a side note and my mission to clear up confusion: "freeview" the trading name of UK only digital tv service, available via a TV aerial, broadcast only from UK transmitters. there are channels on freeview (like Dave) that are not available for free on Freesat. the spanish do have their version of "freeview" called TDT.es - 30plus digital tv cahnnels by your tv aerial - see tdt.es.
Thanks again for all the info. As there are lots of rumours going around that Telmicro might come back, I'm giving them until next week. If nothing happens by say, Tuesday, I will buy a twin output LNB for my satellite dish. Do you get these from satellite installer shops?

Where do you plug in the scart socket at the back of the Co-Ship box. There are lots of socket holes, which is the right one?

Also, one final query, and I promise this is the last one (hopefully). Everytime the electric supply goes off (even just for a minute) I have to reprogramme my Sky box. However, lately, it always asks for a pin number and unfortunately this was left behind in England and I cannot remember it. I just switch off the TV when it gets to this stage and usually about six hours later, the box has sorted itself out and I can get free to view again. Is there any way to override the request for a pin number or change the pin number?
Can anyone help with this one?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:20 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you get these from satellite installer shops?
Yes

Where do you plug in the scart socket at the back of the Co-Ship box. There are lots of socket holes, which is the right one?
normally on most receivers, you plug the scart cable in to the scart connection on the reciver that says "TV" - if you do not have a scart connection on your reciver, then you will need a scart cable with red, white and yellow "component" connections, which your reciver may have. isnt your coship already conencted to the telly????

Also, one final query, and I promise this is the last one (hopefully). Everytime the electric supply goes off (even just for a minute) I have to reprogramme my Sky box. However, lately, it always asks for a pin number and unfortunately this was left behind in England and I cannot remember it. I just switch off the TV when it gets to this stage and usually about six hours later, the box has sorted itself out and I can get free to view again. Is there any way to override the request for a pin number or change the pin number?
the pin number for a sky card is normally the last 4 digitals of the sky card number - however, this may be different if you have had a replacement card - in which case it wil be the last 4 digital of the opriginal card - or someone has changed it. a tip maybe to give the box a few minutes before jumping to "reprogramme" (change the default transponder). To change the PIN press serives, and 3 (parental control) - you must know the current pin to access this!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

So...excuse my ignorance. My mum's inTorrevieja and has had her channels disconnected. What is her best option??
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
So...excuse my ignorance. My mum's inTorrevieja and has had her channels disconnected. What is her best option??
Well Telmicro keep saying they wilbe back, but that was supposed to happen earlier this week, so it's still all up in the air. There are other providers, BUT, they now have a huge backlog of new installations.. and.. there is no guarantee that they will be able to keep there own broadcasts going. They all CLAIM to be fully licensed, but then so did Telmicro.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Well Telmicro keep saying they wilbe back, but that was supposed to happen earlier this week, so it's still all up in the air. There are other providers, BUT, they now have a huge backlog of new installations.. and.. there is no guarantee that they will be able to keep there own broadcasts going. They all CLAIM to be fully licensed, but then so did Telmicro.
500,000 euros in cash was found during the search... that's a lot of subscription money

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/sec...rcializar-ella

These pirate outfits all claim to be fully legal... they have all the Spanish legal documents to prove it. Trouble is, the signals they are pirating are UK ones... And when excatly did the UK suddenly devolve decisions on broadcasting rights to another country?

Next they'll be telling us that it's OK to drive an un-taxed UK registered car in Spain as long as it's got a Spanish ITV
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:16 am
Just Joined

Checkitfirst will become famous soon enough

Telmicro have now posted a message on their website.

I have been with them for 4 years and have no complaints at all about their customer service. I am, therefore, quite happy to accept their explanation and assurance that no charge will be made until the situation is remedied.

As the court proceedings have been ruled as secret, the rumour about €500,000 (or was it €50,000 - it seems to vary) euros in cash being found and other unverified reports, even if true, is probably sub judice so spread it at your own risk.

My user name reflects my philosophy. The World is awash with misinformation.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:48 am

another forum has quotes TM as saying it will be mid september before hey are up and running again...

Originally Posted by twyntub
Spanish ITV
oh no. i better get ready to explain that you cannot get corries using Spains ITV service
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:42 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

and how much going to pay then again ?

ha many open again but wont have uk tv on it are are north EU tv station on it

go to Satandpcguy are some one eles and just get a dish and get it and stop waitting to get scammed again

did any one see there paper work when you were sing up to them ?

get a dish and stop waitting for bigger scam
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Checkitfirst
Telmicro have now posted a message on their website.

I have been with them for 4 years and have no complaints at all about their customer service. I am, therefore, quite happy to accept their explanation and assurance that no charge will be made until the situation is remedied.

As the court proceedings have been ruled as secret, the rumour about €500,000 (or was it €50,000 - it seems to vary) euros in cash being found and other unverified reports, even if true, is probably sub judice so spread it at your own risk.

My user name reflects my philosophy. The World is awash with misinformation.
The rumours about the money have been well publicised in the local press, so it isn't sub judice, and in any case that would never be the sort of thing that was, sounds just a little bit as though you might be involved with them in some way.. my apologies if that isn't correct.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=sounds as though you might be involved with them in some way.. my apologies if that isn't correct.[/QUOTE]

My only involvement is as a satisfied customer. Almeria is too far from Torrevieja for any other involvement. No offence taken.

As for newspaper reports, there are lies, damned lies and exclusives, to twist an old adage, and many reports and articles I have read in the English Language press here have been misleading, wrong or even dangerous, so I check carefully with other sources (including usually either the relevant Spanish authorities or the British Consulate) before making up my mind about anything.

The following is cut and pasted direct from the statement on Telmicro's web site.

6. Since all the Court proceedings have been declared secret, it is not allowed to obtain any detailed information, and it is against the law for anyone to communicate any information regarding the ongoing investigation.

All the Guardia Civil will say is that nothing can be confirmed at present. I have made no further checks but I reiterate my caution.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:02 pm

[QUOTE=Checkitfirst;6706704]As for newspaper reports, there are lies, damned lies and exclusives, to twist an old adage, and many reports and articles I have read in the English Language press here have been misleading, wrong or even dangerous[QUOTE]

10. Telmicro Levante would also take this opportunity to thank the local English media for their help and support on this matter

i dont think TM would be thanking the English press (in the same statement you used) if the press were spreading the "lies", as almost all reports and popular papers reported the same things!!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Satandpcguy;6706713][QUOTE=Checkitfirst;6706704]As for newspaper reports, there are lies, damned lies and exclusives, to twist an old adage, and many reports and articles I have read in the English Language press here have been misleading, wrong or even dangerous

10. Telmicro Levante would also take this opportunity to thank the local English media for their help and support on this matter

i dont think TM would be thanking the English press (in the same statement you used) if the press were spreading the "lies", as almost all reports and popular papers reported the same things!!
I specifically avoided making any claim that any of the articles concerning Telmicro or the investigation were in error or "lies", merely that my personal experience has been to treat any such with caution until they have been externally verified, and that these particular articles, referring to an ongoing investigation, may have been published incautiously. As I do not get the Costa Blanca newspapers in Almeria, I cannot make any more than general comments based on my personal experience of the English Language press here in Almeria. The term "Media" also includes radio and other broadcasters, which, whilst not excluding the press, does not necessarily include it either, but then again, that works both ways.

Last edited by Checkitfirst; Aug 22nd 2008 at 7:27 pm. Reason: Omission
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Checkitfirst
Well, it was a quote from the Spanish press article that was posted, and hence already in the public domain.

That doesn't answer the (obvious) question about whether any rebroadcasters have rights (other than Spanish broadcasting rights) to rebroadcast copyrighted material.

For example, I own a DVD player and many DVDs. I have the right to watch them whenever I want. It's perfectly legal, I have all the correct licences.

What I cannot do is pin a notice on my front door and invite my neighbours around to watch DVDs, whether paid for or not. That would be against the law (illegal) as I don't have a licence to rebroadcast.

It would seem to me that the same is true of anyone rebroadcasting anything BBC / ITV or SKY related.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

goodison is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again for all the info. As there are lots of rumours going around that Telmicro might come back, I'm giving them until next week. If nothing happens by say, Tuesday, I will buy a twin output LNB for my satellite dish. Do you get these from satellite installer shops?

When I fit the twin outlet LNB to my dish, do I then have to get someone in to realine the dish?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.