Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telmicro Levante

Telmicro Levante

Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telmicro Levante

Wagon wheels were... well like wagon wheels when I was little, look at them now.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:37 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Why?
The English speaking people chose to come to Spain, if they need English TV, and can't source it with satellite (which is not difficult) then they need to go "home" to blighty as they obviously can't call Spain "home".
well say now have you got few millions there to set one up ?

as long as i know i had english audio channels from La2 back in 91 now with tdt its the same aswell some programs are in 2nd audio canal

going to see more go off air here in spain

get a dish and stop wasting your money on this systems 399 euros for the box and 150 for rently off one year

add it up , you got a good system ,dish , reciver and flat screen
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:21 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

I hope something is worked out soon. Hubbby is missing the GAMES and it is only once every four years. I, of course am missing my dose of Blanche, Ken, Liz and co.
I could never understand why my parents missed their "unto" when they came to live in England. I remember how I hated the smell but, I suppose it was their little bit of "pocket Spain."

Well, now I understand, as my tv programmes are my "pocket England". It should travel with me, like my tooth brush.

It is not that we "dont have a life" (so please refrain from comments such as GET A LIFE)
We have a pleasant life and tv is part of it, like tapas with friends, a good book, nice meal and a dip in the sea, ETC.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Angry Re: Telmicro Levante

[QUOTE=me me;6678506]I hope something is worked out soon. Hubbby is missing the GAMES and it is only once every four years. I, of course am missing my dose of Blanche, Ken, Liz and co.

I Cant see this being worked out soon, the issue is legal not commercial, therefore the probability of working out a deal is about zero,

The problem is EU broadcasting regulations, which restrict what can and cant be done, if you remember about Six years ago the Astra 2 platform reduced transmission power to conform to EU requirements, (Then the Sat guys made loads upgrading the dishes from 1.3m to 1.5m), fortunately this started to cause problems in some UK areas with reception, so it is unlikely that this will be reduced further, (however as technology moves on they may find other ways of restricting reception in non UK areas).

The thing to fix firmly in thought process now is that any system that retransmits programmes that are regulated will eventually be shut down and the key here is retransmit.

It is not illegal for you to have a big dish (subject to local planning i guess), a sat receiver, and to point your dish at Astra 2 satellites, and as long as there are free to air channels you can receive them without problems, however Sky contracts are effectively not authorised for use outside UK so technically you would be in breach of contract, but how is anybody going to findout>.

So the least risk most cost effective option is to put in a large dish, with a capable sat receiver and live happily ever after.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Cant find intergrate in the dictionary m8

Yeah but me spanish woz pritty good?
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Spanish television wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep on interrupting the advertisements with programmes.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:32 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by me me
I hope something is worked out soon. Hubbby is missing the GAMES and it is only once every four years. I, of course am missing my dose of Blanche, Ken, Liz and co.
I could never understand why my parents missed their "unto" when they came to live in England. I remember how I hated the smell but, I suppose it was their little bit of "pocket Spain."

Well, now I understand, as my tv programmes are my "pocket England". It should travel with me, like my tooth brush.

It is not that we "dont have a life" (so please refrain from comments such as GET A LIFE)
We have a pleasant life and tv is part of it, like tapas with friends, a good book, nice meal and a dip in the sea, ETC.
well turn them tapas dish upside down and you many get it
ya GET A LIFE and go out pay some one that will put in a dish that can pick up bbc/itv telle micro is gone . full stop and if that go back on air , there will be trouble it waste off 400 euros ....

that dont have a License never had one and there where put off air in may and again , that 2 times .... dont piss off the town hall are Madrid

get a dish and you wont have any problems

3meter dish for sale <------- D.I.Y. way make one just pay lot off money two me and i do a runner like telemirco ( now did i think that are say it out loud LOL
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:53 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
well turn them tapas dish upside down and you many get it
ya GET A LIFE and go out pay some one that will put in a dish that can pick up bbc/itv telle micro is gone . full stop and if that go back on air , there will be trouble it waste off 400 euros ....

that dont have a License never had one and there where put off air in may and again , that 2 times .... dont piss off the town hall are Madrid

get a dish and you wont have any problems

3meter dish for sale <------- D.I.Y. way make one just pay lot off money two me and i do a runner like telemirco ( now did i think that are say it out loud LOL
Are you for real????????
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me

Telemicro aint coming back, so you will have to find a new supplier.. BUT be warned, the others are all now targets. In some places whole communities are now cut off.. and the other suppliers have long backlogs for installation, like a month of more.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:28 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Telemicro aint coming back, so you will have to find a new supplier.. BUT be warned, the others are all now targets. In some places whole communities are now cut off.. and the other suppliers have long backlogs for installation, like a month of more.
and be careful as i am sure that there will suddenly be lots of "professional satellite installers" (out of work builders?!?!) in the area - who are only in the area to make a quick buck and not worry about aftersales service. remember, always go for a company that has a landline, and not just a mobile as this gives some confidence that they may live in the area, and see if they have been advertising in the local rags for a few weeks prior to this all happening...if you must get it done, get it done properly even if it is not hte cheapestquote you have...
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
and be careful as i am sure that there will suddenly be lots of "professional satellite installers" (out of work builders?!?!) in the area - who are only in the area to make a quick buck and not worry about aftersales service. remember, always go for a company that has a landline, and not just a mobile as this gives some confidence that they may live in the area, and see if they have been advertising in the local rags for a few weeks prior to this all happening...if you must get it done, get it done properly even if it is not hte cheapestquote you have...
Lol ^^^^

My mate, although is a top builder - he has just gone into the Sat TV Installation Game as a sideline
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

A good indication of a professional installer is his use of equipment similar to this when carrying out an installation:

If he has a cheap satfinder gadget or just relies on the signal bars on the satellite receiver give him the boot.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:06 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
A good indication of a professional installer is his use of equipment similar to this when carrying out an installation:

Hey, that's funky bit of kit !!! Does make toast as well ?

Anyway why should anyone get TV for free when it's not ?? Ditch the TV and learn Spanish, start a new hobby, walk, run, swim, bike, dine out, golf, bowling, fishing, make friends, gardening, sex, walk the dog, play with the children, parks, fiestas, trips, seaside...... the WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... I'll get me coat.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Hey, that's funky bit of kit !!! Does make toast as well ?

Anyway why should anyone get TV for free when it's not ?? Ditch the TV and learn Spanish, start a new hobby, walk, run, swim, bike, dine out, golf, bowling, fishing, make friends, gardening, sex, walk the dog, play with the children, parks, fiestas, trips, seaside...... the WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... I'll get me coat.
We've not watched the TV for over a year. To be honest - I don't know where we'd find the time to fit TV in now!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

http://www.promax.es/images/producto...PK3Premium.jpg

If he has a cheap satfinder gadget or just relies on the signal bars on the satellite receiver give him the boot.
Misleading, that is a very expensive piece of kit and only necessary in very poor signal areas, or on installations that have a serious problem,

There are plenty of other professional meters about such as Horizontal, or Satcom 3, and probably one of the best about for Sat line up is the Wolsley Sat MK 4, (Preprogrammed for Sky Transponders,which is an excellent piece of kit and about 1/5 of the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.