Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taking dog to spain

Taking dog to spain

Old Aug 28th 2010, 9:57 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking dog to spain

Originally Posted by HBG
It's hard to explain, because the signs were not obvious. They had never been aggressive dogs, but now showed minor signs of aggression when coming into contact with other dogs. Mainly, they didn't look for affection and were content to stay away from human contact.

I took them to several vets and they analysed mild depression caused by their time in quarantine.

I still haven't explained that properly – I got the impression that the dogs didn't trust me any more.
I sometimes think that on occasions the bond or trust between man and dog can be much stronger than that between humans, and so if broken for quite a while can often never be the same again,at least as far as the dog is concerned.
Whether it's down to the feeling of abandonment,being let down and consequential loss of trust, I don't know.
I wouldn't say that this is always the case, probably much depends on the dogs breed, temperament and usual lifestyle.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 1:37 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
– I got the impression that the dogs didn't trust me any more.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just glad we never had to put our into kennels, because I've heard similar stories.

Our eldest dog would show signs of stress even when we left him with a good friend who the dog clearly loved.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by fembat
Yeah, I know about the diseases - I´ve had my dog Joe here for three years so know about the routine preventative measures. I was just wondering if he mentioned the implications should we wish to return to live in the UK if they abolish the pet passport scheme.
I had the blood test done last week it cost £64.94 plus the £45 for the rabies injection we are now at £100. If the test shows he has not enough antibodies in his blood we start again!!! The vet tells me 1 in 20 have to be re vaccinated. I expect the result in 2 or 3 weeks.