Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SWINE FLU HITS SPAIN.

SWINE FLU HITS SPAIN.

Old May 2nd 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: SWINE FLU HITS SPAIN.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Forgive me for not running for the hills, I didn't in the last one, the devastating hell that was Bird Flu and I wont in this one......

Yet another hyped piece of media crap, over this last winter hundreds have already died from "normal" flu and thousands of children die every day in third world countries from Malaria.......

So far NO ONE from outside Mexico has died, and one of the scientists actually developing the cure was on TV the other night saying that he felt that we had already seen this flu virus peak and it got weaker the further away from Mexico you got.....

As to the case in Scotland I think there is a little bit of crafty PR work going on there as the first doctor who gave the couple the all clear has said that he can't understand how or why the Scottish parliament et all are saying that a second test has shown they are positive, its not that sort of infection.....

Yet gain we are being fed lies so that we are shown how well the government are dealing with this crisis.......

This bunch of politicians spin so much they don't know which way they are actually facing!
well said matt. oh and how the hell are you?
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

tjtops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SWINE FLU HITS SPAIN.

I phoned the NHS direct to get some advice.....but all I got was crackling on the line
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:17 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flipflop
well said matt. oh and how the hell are you?
I am bloody good.................. and you have been sorely missed on here.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:18 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
Except the 4 yr old girl in the USA.

You should watch the media more & prepare the bags for the trip too the hills.
The 2 year old who died in the USA, in Texas, was actually from Mexico, which just goes to show you that the media control more that we like to admit.
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:52 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

The 2 year old who died in the USA, in Texas, was actually from Mexico, which just goes to show you that the media control more that we like to admit.
But she died in the USA, not Mexico.

It`s easy to judge in the armchair.The fact remains that WHO is protecting the numpties who are condeming there actions, something they should be gratefull for.

The WHO has access to info not released to the public, there actions are based on facts recieved from many sources involved.

I`d rather be sat in front of my PC laughing at the expert opinions on certain websites than sat in front of my childs body asking myself why more wasn`t done in the begining.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:23 am
Straw Man.

But she died in the USA, not Mexico.

It`s easy to judge in the armchair..
............ and had travelled from Mexico............. the point being, she was FROM Mexico, NOT an American child.............

Now if you want to argue the point feel free, but who the hell judged?

Best to take your concern to the thousands of children who die a day in Africa from a defendable disease, Malaria. In the case of Malaria it is money that causes children to die, and somewhere in the region of 33,000 under 5's die a week from it...................
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:01 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

............ and had travelled from Mexico............. the point being, she was FROM Mexico, NOT an American child.............

Now if you want to argue the point feel free, but who the hell judged?
Everybody suffering Swine Flu has been too Mexico.

Best to take your concern to the thousands of children who die a day in Africa from a defendable disease, Malaria. In the case of Malaria it is money that causes children to die, and somewhere in the region of 33,000 under 5's die a week from it...................
Saving the planet isn`t the issue here, saving the developed world is.

Its not perfect, money isn`t grown on tree`s and Malaria is preventable.Educating people seems to be a harder task than throwing money at the affected countries.

I`ve seen first hand a village use mos nets, but not for there intended purpose.

Its not as simple as one may think, the media would lead you to believe.
Old May 4th 2009, 12:19 am
Straw Man.

You are right, I am wrong, you have the answers, I don't.................. Does that save time????
Old May 4th 2009, 2:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Dee
I think my wife has it"

she's come out in rashers"
This must be her then ...
Attached Thumbnails SWINE FLU HITS SPAIN.-5-01.jpg  
Old May 4th 2009, 8:15 am
Banned

You are right, I am wrong, you have the answers, I don't.................. Does that save time????

Well I`d rather have an intelligent discussion, but your sarcasstic one liners do add something to this site..................one in every pack of society.

Last edited by livit; May 4th 2009 at 8:21 am.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:20 am
Straw Man.

Well I`d rather have an intelligent discussion,
No you wouldn't, you are like so many of the other elderly posters on here, you want to be seen to be right, you want to be seen as the one in charge of the conversation, and I am just not bothered about that kind of thing, so the best thing we can do is just agree with you............... OK?
Old May 4th 2009, 8:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Now they have killed all the pigs and bought a load of useless face masks, the flue is now on the decline and will finish by wednesday 13.00 hrs.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:28 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jdr
Now they have killed all the pigs and bought a load of useless face masks, the flue is now on the decline and will finish by wednesday 13.00 hrs.
So yet another world crisis averted............ I bet Brown claims responsibility for saving the world again!
Old May 4th 2009, 10:19 am
Banned

, so the best thing we can do is just agree with you............... OK?
Now u see it my way.
Old May 4th 2009, 10:23 am
Banned

I think time will tell.

History is a great learning tool concerning previous pandemics and there time lines.

In 20th century pandemics, a second wave of influenza activity occurred 3 to 12 months after the first wave. In 1957 the second wave began 3 months after the peak of the first wave, while in 1968 the second wave began 12 months after peak of the first wave. The first wave of the 1918 flu occurred in the spring of that year ending in March. That flu was very severe by usual standards but the second wave beginning 6 months later in September was the most fatal. During the 1918 pandemic, the deadly second wave was responsible for more than 90% of the deaths for the entire pandemic. The third wave occurred more than a year later, during the following 1919-1920 winter/spring, and was the mildest of all.

You may still want to have those bags packed ready for the trip too the hills and between now and then get educated on the subject, beyond media hype .

Last edited by livit; May 4th 2009 at 11:10 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.