Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Successfull in Spain.

Successfull in Spain.

Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successfull in Spain.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Own your own company for 12 years, work 14 hour days, take only two weeks holiday a year, get regularly called out in the middle of the night, miss a lot of your kid growing up, stress yourself to the max ........ its easy ...... as the saying goes the harder you work the luckier you get.
I was starting to get all sympathetic until you mentioned that you managed to have a HOLIDAY! We've not had a holiday for years, although now the business has been going for about 5 years, we now have staff and I'm hopeful for this year
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:20 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Own your own company for 12 years, work 14 hour days, take only two weeks holiday a year, get regularly called out in the middle of the night, miss a lot of your kid growing up, stress yourself to the max ........ its easy ...... as the saying goes the harder you work the luckier you get.
I think I`ll stick with the 6 hours of work a day, spend the rest of the time with my wife a kid and enjoy the beers at the weekend.

I could die before I retire.

It may not suit everybody, but it`ll do for me.

Last edited by lee8; Jan 9th 2008 at 9:23 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, thats where I went wrong.
Worked for someone else for 30 years, worked 16 hours a day, took two weeks holidays a yeat and been called back from one or tweo by work, called out on a rota every other week for 3 years and every other 4 for 7 years, missed most of my kids growing up cos I was away on call, so stressed I aged.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Hmm, thats where I went wrong.
Worked for someone else for 30 years, worked 16 hours a day, took two weeks holidays a yeat and been called back from one or tweo by work, called out on a rota every other week for 3 years and every other 4 for 7 years, missed most of my kids growing up cos I was away on call, so stressed I aged.
Working for people sucks. They hardly ever appreciate you.
Self employment is the way to go
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Working for people sucks. They hardly ever appreciate you.
Self employment is the way to go
Totally agree Would never even entertain the idea of working for someone else,its just as insecure as self employment these days anyway,with no pension,sickpay etc