Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Strange Business Start-ups

Strange Business Start-ups

Old Mar 8th 2012, 2:41 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange Business Start-ups

Originally Posted by jackytoo
What is it that makes people who have never run a business think they can move abroad and run a successful business as a Brit food shop/bar
Originally Posted by JLFS
Sheer bloodymindedness?????.
too much Sun Sea & Sangria !!

they see a lifestyle built around serving Roast Beef and Yorkshires, a few beers and think thats all there is too it.
if they have served up full Christmas Dinner for 14 once they wouldnt be looking to do it again.

I had fleeting thoughts of such a scheme 30yrs ago in Salou, but then I flew home and forgot about it - i am glad to say.
now the thought fills me with horror - all that work, all those hours of slogging away for little return,

it takes a special person to take on such a project and make it succeed year after year after year. and it only takes one small mistake (or contentious customer) to find yourself ruined.
is it small wonder that they come on the market towards the end of the season and there are always people willing to give up their lives back home, cockup the kids education not realising there will be almost no income for the next 4-5 months.