Spelin

Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spelin

Originally Posted by scampicat
Actually bil, the weather is fine, just as you would expect a November day in the UK to be. We don't all like constant scorching you know.

We are returning to Spain tomorrow (been in the UK since June), but will be coming back to the Uk, possibly for good, in about four to six weeks. Our house sale still has not completed, but we are selling it furnished anyway, so will just bring the stuff we want to bring back with us and leave it ready for the new owners.

I can't wait.
Hope for your sake everything goes well, best of luck.

Graham
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:53 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Don't forget to pack your thermals, we've gone from the cor blimey to the gor blimey in little more than two weeks
He is not kidding Scampicat, 14 degrees forecast for Valencia tomorrow.

Graham
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:28 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hope for your sake everything goes well, best of luck.

Graham

Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:29 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
He is not kidding Scampicat, 14 degrees forecast for Valencia tomorrow.

Graham

Probably about 7 in Las Alpujarras then!!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you can show me at least one single post to back that up bil, I'm afraid that I'll have to presume that you are the mushroom.
I too am waiting for that, but we both know neither of us has said any such thing. Missed all the nonsense here today, as I have been out all day enjoying a glorious autumn day, unlike Bil, that as usual, seems to have been glued to his computer generating posts galore . He leads a very sad and increasingly bitter life, I'm afraid.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:31 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Err no, I doubt very much that I have made any more ridiculous claims than yourself, however that was not the question, so if you can simply back up the statement you made, then that will do me nicely for now.

The search facility is still at your disposal.

Don't worry I can wait, not very much else to do this weather.
So, not perfect then?

Sorry about that.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:34 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I too am waiting for that, but we both know neither of us has said any such thing. Missed all the nonsense here today, as I have been out all day enjoying a glorious autumn day, unlike Bil, that as usual, seems to have been glued to his computer generating posts galore . He leads a very sad and increasingly bitter life, I'm afraid.
Ah, the usual unverifiable bullsh'it.

I really hesitate to call it autumn weather here. The sun was shining for most of the day, true, it is a bit cold at 20 C now, but I can live with that. Any colder and I will have to warm the butter for my croissants tomorrow before I can spread it.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:23 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Ah, the usual unverifiable bullsh'it.
Now that really is rich with me still patiently waiting here to see if just for once you can back up your claims.

Likely have to wait until the cows come home as usual, whilst you think up another one of your convenient excuses for shooting off at a tangent and avoiding the issue.

Anyway off for a bit of shuteye now, if the electric blankets doing its job ok and the winds not rattling the windows and howling around the house too much.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Now that really is rich with me still patiently waiting here to see if just for once you can back up your claims.
But of course it is verifiable, but it was simply never said, another one of his great untruths. Out of curiosity, and it only took a minute, he started posting at 7.38 yesterday morning, finished at 10.34, having sent in the region of 48 posts!! If that's not a sad existence, I don't know what is. Great to see him enjoying the great outdoors so much! Anyway, must dash, got lots of walking to do again, looks like another belter today and tomorrow! (then rain from Wednesday on!)
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:00 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by agoreira
But of course it is verifiable, but it was simply never said, another one of his great untruths. Out of curiosity, and it only took a minute, he started posting at 7.38 yesterday morning, finished at 10.34, having sent in the region of 48 posts!! If that's not a sad existence, I don't know what is. Great to see him enjoying the great outdoors so much! Anyway, must dash, got lots of walking to do again, looks like another belter today and tomorrow! (then rain from Wednesday on!)
You are a silly boy. Being retired, I get up when I please, go to bed when I choose, and spend most of the day in the garden, or out shopping, whatever.

It rained Fri, so we did the grocery shopping yesterday, wandered round a garden centre, had a coffee out there and then home. Finished work on the fence line to try and control the rats, did some repotting, including the interesting cactus I bought, and the second big papyrus, processed a couiple of barrowloads of compost for the repotting et al, did some modelling work on a project, had some friends come round, she's been helping us out with the washing while the machine gets repaired, he needed a bit of ply to keep the heavy rain out of his kitchen back door, watered the hanging baskets on the front terrace and spent some time on here, read another chunk of the latest Terry Pratchett, cooked dinner.....

All in all a very pleasant day, and what makes it better is seeing just how deep the barb I fired went into you and Dick, because had you just shrugged it off, you wouldn't have needed to come on here to try and make out that I'm unhappy here with nothing to do, or take that time and trouble to log my time on here. Personally I see the time spent winding up fools well spent.

I hope your day is as nice as mine is panning out. I have croissants today and home made blackberry jelly for breakfast with lashings of black coffee. Then, I shall see what the day brings. At the moment it promises well, the sky is blue, and all the clouds are banished. Temperatures are about the 20 mark, but then, that's November for you, eh?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I hope your day is as nice as mine is panning out. I have croissants today and home made blackberry jelly for breakfast with lashings of black coffee. Then, I shall see what the day brings. At the moment it promises well, the sky is blue, and all the clouds are banished. Temperatures are about the 20 mark, but then, that's November for you, eh?
What I want to know is.....where did you get the blackberries?
The only place I've seen the wild bushes here are right by a busy roundabout in Churriana...I wouldn't want to pick those with all that pollution on them!

I really miss making blackberry and apple pies, the blackberries in the supermarkets are a waste of time as they taste of nothing.

Sorry....a bit off topic I know.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 5:06 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by megmet
What I want to know is.....where did you get the blackberries?
The only place I've seen the wild bushes here are right by a busy roundabout in Churriana...I wouldn't want to pick those with all that pollution on them!

I really miss making blackberry and apple pies, the blackberries in the supermarkets are a waste of time as they taste of nothing.

Sorry....a bit off topic I know.
I brought a couple of plants with me to try different strains. The best was the Himalayan Giant, which you can probably order. If you pm me your address, I'll send you a rooted tip. Just plant it in a pot and look after it and in a year or two you will get good harvests.

It has evil little thorns, but the fruit are fabulous. High acidity, sugar and flavour, the fruits can be up to 4 cm long and 2 in diameter. Plus the central 'core is soft and sweet enough to be eaten. We picked 10 kilos in one day, admittedly off a dozen or so bushes.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I brought a couple of plants with me to try different strains. The best was the Himalayan Giant, which you can probably order. If you pm me your address, I'll send you a rooted tip. Just plant it in a pot and look after it and in a year or two you will get good harvests.

It has evil little thorns, but the fruit are fabulous. High acidity, sugar and flavour, the fruits can be up to 4 cm long and 2 in diameter. Plus the central 'core is soft and sweet enough to be eaten. We picked 10 kilos in one day, admittedly off a dozen or so bushes.
Thanks Bil....I'll do that.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 5:13 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by megmet
Thanks Bil....I'll do that.
No probs. They are waay better than the wild ones!