Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish keyboard letters

Spanish keyboard letters

Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Impish will become famous soon enoughMr Impish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spanish keyboard letters

I'd buy in the UK. Far better to have the operating system in English if you ask me. Spanish is fine if all you want to do is open a file or close windows, simple stuff like that! But if you need to access the "help" areas or "control panel" do you really want all that in Spanish? All the techie stuff can be baffling enough without having to translate it and then not being sure if
a: you translated it right? or
b: if you are understand it right?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

IMO buy the laptop before you come to Spain. I brought mine over but recently had to buy a new one. I found it impossible to get English Windows installed on a new Spanish pc here except illegally and the pc cost much more than the same model in UK as prices are far more competitive there. Just compare Dell Spain with Dell UK for the same models on the net and you´ll see the price differences.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 2:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I have been thinking of buying a laptop, would it be advisable to wait until I get to Spain Would the instructions be in English as well as Spanish. I wish I'd thought to look at some whilst we were over but it didn't even cross my mind
Your version of windows and the control panel and all other utilitieswill be in Spanish, as will word etc. They are in exactly the same position as in the english version, but obviously they are in Spanish. You could, however, go to a british Computer place out here and buy one from them, they will load it with the Uk versions, so it would be exactly the same. I have the Spanish keyboard set up as alternate and can swap between them at will. The hyphen and the equals key become the ? and ¿ The semicolon key becomes ñ the hash key ç
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:11 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

After reading different replies on this thread and also on another thread (Spain v UK laptop, pc) I think I will look around in the UK first and if I see a bargain too good to miss I will buy before I move over to Spain.

Thanks for the input everyone