Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish keyboard letters

Spanish keyboard letters

Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:28 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish keyboard letters

For those of you with English pc keyboards, here is how you can create the accents in Spanish words......

Press the 'alt' key, hold in down and type the numbers (using the numbers on the keypad and NOT the numbers above the letters on the keyboard)

0225 = á
0233 = é
0237 = í
0243 = ó
0250 = ú
0252 = ü
0241 = ñ
0191 = ¿
0161 = ¡
0193 = Á
0201 = É
0205 = Í
0211 = Ó
0218 = Ú
0220 = Ü
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish keyboard letters

Originally Posted by Lionda
For those of you with English pc keyboards, here is how you can create the accents in Spanish words......

Press the 'alt' key, hold in down and type the numbers (using the numbers on the keypad and NOT the numbers above the letters on the keyboard)

0225 = á
0233 = é
0237 = í
0243 = ó
0250 = ú
0252 = ü
0241 = ñ
0191 = ¿
0161 = ¡
0193 = Á
0201 = É
0205 = Í
0211 = Ó
0218 = Ú
0220 = Ü
¿ Ña, go mad with the €€€€`s and buy a Spanish keyboard, lol ?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:35 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
¿ Ña, go mad with the €€€€`s and buy a Spanish keyboard, lol ?
I am a trained typist and think I may have a problem with a Spanish keyboard (I haven't actually seen a Spanish keyboard) My daughter sent me an e-mail yesterday and said the keyboard was Spanish and different to ours. Hence the reason for this thread
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I am a trained typist and think I may have a problem with a Spanish keyboard (I haven't actually seen a Spanish keyboard) My daughter sent me an e-mail yesterday and said the keyboard was Spanish and different to ours. Hence the reason for this thread
LOL, its the same as qwerty with a few extra symbols on some keys.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:51 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by jdr
LOL, its the same as qwerty with a few extra symbols on some keys.

I have been thinking of buying a laptop, would it be advisable to wait until I get to Spain Would the instructions be in English as well as Spanish. I wish I'd thought to look at some whilst we were over but it didn't even cross my mind
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

It's easier to install both keyboards. For example in Windows XP go to
Control Panel/Regional And Language Options/ Languages/Details
Add here the new keyboard and then Choose to add the Language Bar on the desktop.

The you can easily switch between the different keyboards. You have to be familiar with the keyboards or add a graphic file someplace to show you the keys. Other OS (like Linux) have similar feature.

De Nada!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:29 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by gudes
It's easier to install both keyboards. For example in Windows XP go to
Control Panel/Regional And Language Options/ Languages/Details
Add here the new keyboard and then Choose to add the Language Bar on the desktop.

The you can easily switch between the different keyboards. You have to be familiar with the keyboards or add a graphic file someplace to show you the keys. Other OS (like Linux) have similar feature.

De Nada!
Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I have been thinking of buying a laptop, would it be advisable to wait until I get to Spain Would the instructions be in English as well as Spanish. I wish I'd thought to look at some whilst we were over but it didn't even cross my mind
Personally I would say buy it here, You could still have XP in English and have Spanish tabs as well and possibly better after sales service than if you bought it in UK and took it in for repair here.
If its a known make they do worldwide warrenties now anyway, so I dont suppose much of a problem.
Most of the PC shops have someone who speaks a little English, always nearly as good as us ;-)
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:34 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by jdr
Personally I would say buy it here, You could still have XP in English and have Spanish tabs as well and possibly better after sales service than if you bought it in UK and took it in for repair here.
If its a known make they do worldwide warrenties now anyway, so I dont suppose much of a problem.
Most of the PC shops have someone who speaks a little English, always nearly as good as us ;-)

Thanks jdr for the advice. I'll wait until we get over then
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Thanks jdr for the advice. I'll wait until we get over then
Why dont you go on tinternet and compare a few prices between UK and Spain ? I dont want you telling me off later cos you could of got it cheaper in UK ;-)
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:39 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by jdr
Why dont you go on tinternet and compare a few prices between UK and Spain ? I dont want you telling me off later cos you could of got it cheaper in UK ;-)

Will do
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:41 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Hi
We could not find anywhere here to buy a PC with the operating system in English, it may depend where you are in Spain. Windows is normally supplied in country specific langauge but there is a multi language version available.

Yvonne
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:48 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YMF
Hi
We could not find anywhere here to buy a PC with the operating system in English, it may depend where you are in Spain. Windows is normally supplied in country specific langauge but there is a multi language version available.

Yvonne

Yes, agreed. I had no option but to buy Spanish Windows XP and Spanish Office. Also, no english speaking sales staff, so it all depends where you are.

But even if you don´t speak the language, the layout of Spanish XP is identical to English XP so you can still work out what things mean.

Unless you plan to do a lot of typing in Spanish and will need things like ñ á é í ó ú € (all typed in about 0.5 seconds on my spanish keyboard and no need to type awkward codes ) then a comp bought in the UK will be fine. (Probably more expensive though).

Keith
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:34 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
There are other issues with buying in Spain. The basic language of all system messages will be spanish, and when the computer does does not do what you want STRESS. Yes on an ordinary desktop computer you can change the keyboard physically, but touch typists may have a problem as special characters (above the numbers like the open close bracket for example) are above different numbers. Also to get mañana or an "ó" the Spanish type / then o.
Another way is to use the character Map in System tools. Yes everything can be overcome, but I believe it is a personal thing how we use our computers
Dave
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:51 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

0225 = á
0233 = é
0237 = í
0243 = ó
0250 = ú
0252 = ü
0241 = ñ
0191 = ¿
0161 = ¡
0193 = Á
0201 = É
0205 = Í
0211 = Ó
0218 = Ú
0220 = Ü
Thats handy thanks , you clever girl you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.