Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish attitude

Spanish attitude

Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish attitude

Why do we have to keep having these discussions?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:56 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Why do we have to keep having these discussions?

Don't know

Lynn sure isn't smart a picking location...swopped one socially deprived area for another
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I just fail to see what threads like this get us, I admit the good and bad side of Spain needs to be discussed but this is all about comparing two things that just can't be compared, and I have to say to compare even one type of Spaniard with another is hard. I have friends from a couple of parts of Spain and they are all different, and in my experience the Galicians are the worse of the bunch, not saying they are not nice, they are just not as nice generally as the rest of the Spaniards, but then thats just my opinion, and there lies the rub.... its such a subjective thing that it just can't be quantified. I had a friend shot in Spain by the Guardia Civil, but would I say that all my experiences with the Guardia were bad? Not a hope, one of my best friends was a Guardia and he was the nicest person I knew out there.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

and in my experience the Galicians are the worse of the bunch, not saying they are not nice, they are just not as nice generally as the rest of the Spaniards,
My next door neighbour is Galician and one of the nicest Spaniards I know
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:48 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I just fail to see what threads like this get us, I admit the good and bad side of Spain needs to be discussed but this is all about comparing two things that just can't be compared, and I have to say to compare even one type of Spaniard with another is hard. I have friends from a couple of parts of Spain and they are all different, and in my experience the Galicians are the worse of the bunch, not saying they are not nice, they are just not as nice generally as the rest of the Spaniards, but then thats just my opinion, and there lies the rub.... its such a subjective thing that it just can't be quantified. I had a friend shot in Spain by the Guardia Civil, but would I say that all my experiences with the Guardia were bad? Not a hope, one of my best friends was a Guardia and he was the nicest person I knew out there.
And here is a Galegos opinion of your post CHEIRA
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:59 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
My next door neighbour is Galician and one of the nicest Spaniards I know
Originally Posted by JLFS
And here is a Galegos opinion of your post CHEIRA
You see.... all subjective.

I will add you are both wrong.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

43 posts of insult and off topic removed.
Thanks for wasting my time
Now back on topic please
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:30 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
43 posts of insult and off topic removed.
Thanks for wasting my time
Now back on topic please
Welcome back.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:37 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Many spanish words originate from Arabic. eg. Ojalá. There is a lengthy list as anyone who has ever done basic spanish will know.

According to a study I read all the human race traces back to about 4 women.
I'd like to see these 4 women trying to concieve a child. I really would.
Spanish are still loving me. Apart from my doctor, she's quite a, bubbly person and I think she hates me. She is new though, my old one used to like me. I have found that the rudest/most 'orrid spanish people, seem to be the doctors in malaga hospital. Not all of them, just a couple. They are the only two Spanish people that have really stuck out in my mind. (And my new lady doctor).
4 women, making babies..