Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Spain BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Wikiposts

The Spain BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 5:49 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Spain BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Looks like it's gonna be precipitating quite heavily tomorrow, in Lizzies neck of the woods anyway.

I'm sure the old girl would be much happier relaxing with her feet up indoors enjoying a drop of her favourite tipple, or possibly joining the one foot in the gravers in the Spanish sunshine for the day, than being stuck on an ancient boat for hours on end in the pouring rain on the murky Thames.

Better 'er than me.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 10:50 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Mike was right......

I cannot see how you can call it food when all you can taste is the sauce, there is far more to a meal than that
You wouldnt boil a meal in tomatoe sauce for an hour so why curry.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Can you not talk properly?

I for one have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say

I tried Google for help

Acronym Definition
TGFT Tobago Game Fishing Tournament (est. 1995)
TGFT Thank God for Today
TGFT Thank God for Torrents
TGFT Thank Goodness for That
TGFT Thank God for Trance
The Guild of Free Traders
I'm so glad it's not just me that doesn't understand this modern way of writing things....I haven't got a clue what all the initials stand for.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:35 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Mike was right......

I cannot see how you can call it food when all you can taste is the sauce, there is far more to a meal than that
You wouldnt boil a meal in tomatoe sauce for an hour so why curry.
Thats the whole secret to the success of Indian restaurants.

You never have a clue what cheap,crappy rubbish you're eating, because all you can ever taste is the sauce.

To be able to appreciate a decent quality meal you should always be able to taste the top quality basic ingredients, as per Egon Ronay, Michelin stars etc.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Thats the whole secret to the success of Indian restaurants.

You never have a clue what cheap,crappy rubbish you're eating, because all you can ever taste is the sauce.

To be able to appreciate a decent quality meal you should always be able to taste the top quality basic ingredients, as per Egon Ronay, Michelin stars etc.
Which of course you can in some Indian/curry restaurants - tomato sauce is far from the most common ingredient, btw Dom!
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 9:04 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Crap Ingrediants.....what a lot of nonesense.

A Korma usually served with rice, only consists of chunks of chicken that have been marinated for 30 minutes in Lime and Garlic, coconut yogurt, Onion and about six spices.

They certainly know how to use spices, I make it myself and it is one of the tastiest cheap meals you will ever eat. Naan bread, basically flour and water with black onion seeds.

Not much in it to be crap in that is there?
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:10 pm
On the road again.

Crap Ingrediants.....what a lot of nonesense.

A Korma usually served with rice, only consists of chunks of chicken that have been marinated for 30 minutes in Lime and Garlic, coconut yogurt, Onion and about six spices.

They certainly know how to use spices, I make it myself and it is one of the tastiest cheap meals you will ever eat. Naan bread, basically flour and water with black onion seeds.

Not much in it to be crap in that is there?
By failing to understand the term quality basic ingredients, you simply prove the point I have just made.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:32 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

didnt one of the red tops come up with a theory that stray dogs suddenly go missing when a new curry house opens ? ?
doesnt look or taste much different to rabbit, especially after being stewed in a curry sauce, where the only taste is the curry.

makes me laugh all these Brits running around saying how good the curry is, how hot etc etc
never a comment on how good the meal is, how the meat was cooked just right, the vegetable were just right not too under/over cooked.

I had my first curry almost 50 years ago, when in the Far East - large pots of gunge ladelled out on to a bed of rice. My last curry was 20yrs ago, it hadnt moved on and it is unlikely to have moved on today.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:46 pm
On the road again.

I've been closely involved in a couple of Indian restaurants one in the UK, one in Spain and witnessed the owners buying their basic ingredients.

Mr Mouse mentions chicken,...well the chickens I saw them purchase appeared one very close step away from being condemned and had not been at the chicken stage for a good many years and had probably long forgotten what it was ever like.

These chickens no longer went cheep,cheep cheep, but they most definitely did go cheap,cheap cheap.

They were instead scraggy clapped out old battery hens on their very last legs,.... but hey who cares about that anyway or knows any different,.....the sauce was absolutely beautiful.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 2:51 am

ISTR a number of Asian chicken processing businesses shut up by the EHO's, one was using chicken that had been condemned as being unsuitable for animal feed.

The cheaper it gets the lower the quality, although that doesnt stop people wanting to get top dollar for poor quality, especially as many people find their taste buds jammed up by the "bite" of the curry so the quality of the meal is seriously in doubt.

Too many people hang their hat on their curry sauce not the meal as a quality standard.
And who can tell the quality of any meal after 7-10 pints of strong lager ?

No wonder so many curry eaters have beer bellies that would look good in a maternity unit
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the prawn variety, you can usually identify the prawns have come from the correct animal / fish whatever.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:48 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well you're thinking the worst (as usual) of our Indian friends, whats your excuses when it's home made and even made with home reared chicken?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:25 am
On the road again.

Well you're thinking the worst (as usual) of our Indian friends, whats your excuses when it's home made and even made with home reared chicken?
Yes, so hands up how many of you rear your own chickens for the oven ?
A very teeny weeny minority I suspect.

Have you never wondered why the millions of clapped out old battery hens don't appear on supermarket shelves advertised as such, but have amazingly been reincarnated into chickens or chicken bits and pieces in one form or another, ......though strangely the vast majority of confused Brits still wrongly refer to them as chickens, even when they are laying eggs.

As for Freds prawns, if they were of decent quality and nice and fresh, about the last thing I would be doing is swamping their delicious flavour with overpowering Indian sauces, but there again the chances of Indian restaurant buying fresh landed top quality prawns to chuck in their curry probably vary from remote to extremely unlikely.
I would put my shirt on them being the cheaper, already tasteless packaged frozen apologies for the same.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes, so hands up how many of you rear your own chickens for the oven ?
A very teeny weeny minority I suspect.

Have you never wondered why the millions of clapped out old battery hens don't appear on supermarket shelves advertised as such, but have amazingly been reincarnated into chickens or chicken bits and pieces in one form or another, ......though strangely the vast majority of confused Brits still wrongly refer to them as chickens, even when they are laying eggs.
That's one of the reasons I never buy chicken products labelled as 'shaped and reformed' chicken, it's all the stuff they can't get away with as 'real' chicken, probably that's where the battery hens go to although they aren't usually very old birds, perhaps 2 years at the max before they are condemmed because they don't lay as well.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:43 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Watching Queenie and Co on TV and having a glass of her favourite tipple (gin I believe ) in her honour as I'm sure she would be having one right now if they would just let her get off that boat Raining heavily in London but not here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.