Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sleeping Problems

Sleeping Problems

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:55 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sleeping Problems

Originally Posted by bil
It's my slave ok, and yes, I have truly retired. Back in the yuppie era the status symbol was the phone that looked and weighed in like a couple of house bricks strapped together.

Next came the era of the tiny phone, one of the few items to make a man boast 'Mine's smaller than yours.'

The true status tho has always been in being unreachable.

Did you see this advert? When it came out forst I was worrying about whether I would be able to take early retirement, so it was alwyas very true to how I fet, just not about suits.

The guy is running thru the woods, and at first the undergrowth almost entirely conceals him. The soundline goes

"Dream at age 17. Own suit.
Dream at age 25. Own handmade suit.
Dream at age 50. Burn suit."

and with that the guy runs thru the last of the undergrowth, he's nekkid, and he jumps into the sea.
yeah, remember certain people of "snr management level" having a mobile fitted in car - £2500 + VAT, took up 30% of boot, tripping over cables not laid correctly. ..

then we went up to the "brick", needed to plug in at customer's reception when visiting, so bulky couldnt take any paperwork with you, just a small notepad in pocket.

remember getting a page whilst on Norwich ring road, dived in to nearest hotel to use phone, to be asked if I could remember the name of a company that did literature on a certain product - well it was important to him at the time I suppose, but it took an hour out of my day.

don't remember the advert - always thought u had an eclectic taste in television progs ..
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:51 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
yeah, remember certain people of "snr management level" having a mobile fitted in car - £2500 + VAT, took up 30% of boot, tripping over cables not laid correctly. ..

then we went up to the "brick", needed to plug in at customer's reception when visiting, so bulky couldnt take any paperwork with you, just a small notepad in pocket.

remember getting a page whilst on Norwich ring road, dived in to nearest hotel to use phone, to be asked if I could remember the name of a company that did literature on a certain product - well it was important to him at the time I suppose, but it took an hour out of my day.

don't remember the advert - always thought u had an eclectic taste in television progs ..
Possibly, possible. The other one I used to like was the girl working in a dingy office, longing for a holiday.

She gets up and turns, and as she walks towards the wall, it melts away, there is sand under her feet, and as she walks behind her the office, and ahead the sandy beach.

I always used to be mentally shouting 'Run Forrest, run!' at the screen.

'Run you fool and don't look back.'

Mind you, I always did love the 'Door in the wall' stories.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:57 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah. 30 years of being the slave of the lamp meant that when I moved out here I gave mine away, and for the last 18 months I was very happy without one. I have had to get a cheap one so that I can phone the other half when one of us is out somewhere, or we are separated in the town. However, now it is my slave, which is a much healthier option.

I did stop wearing a watch 5 years ago, and that's one item I'm not going back to.
me too, nearly 8 years ago

I wore my mum's for a short time after she died last year but it drove me mad - constantly looking at it

I have to get the kidsup & to school on time, & when I'm working I need to know the time, so there's a clock where I can see it - but otherwise I really don't care to know exactly what the time is
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:44 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
me too, nearly 8 years ago

I wore my mum's for a short time after she died last year but it drove me mad - constantly looking at it

I have to get the kidsup & to school on time, & when I'm working I need to know the time, so there's a clock where I can see it - but otherwise I really don't care to know exactly what the time is
Well, I'm at the point where I have to think hard to know which day it is, and were it not for the fact that our week is structured, ie we go here on tue and Fri, and there on this day, I wouldn't have a clue what day it was.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Well, I'm at the point where I have to think hard to know which day it is, and were it not for the fact that our week is structured, ie we go here on tue and Fri, and there on this day, I wouldn't have a clue what day it was.
I took my watch off the day we moved here, I've no intention of putting it back on.

Like you Bil we sometines wonder what day it is, to fix that we bought a kitchen clock that has the day and date....that's all we use it for as time means nothing to us now!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

of course you don't need watches, you just look at the bottom right hand corner of your computer screen.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:13 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by megmet
I took my watch off the day we moved here, I've no intention of putting it back on.

Like you Bil we sometines wonder what day it is, to fix that we bought a kitchen clock that has the day and date....that's all we use it for as time means nothing to us now!
Great, innit?
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:21 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Possibly, possible. The other one I used to like was the girl working in a dingy office, longing for a holiday.

She gets up and turns, and as she walks towards the wall, it melts away, there is sand under her feet, and as she walks behind her the office, and ahead the sandy beach.

I always used to be mentally shouting 'Run Forrest, run!' at the screen.

'Run you fool and don't look back.'

Mind you, I always did love the 'Door in the wall' stories.
obviously I don;t get any spanish television at the moment as I am in UK, these ads just go straight over the top
cant put a name to any of them
sri

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:33 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
obviously I don;t get any spanish television at the moment as I am in UK, these ads just go straight over the top
cant put a name to any of them
sri

No mate, these are UK ads from 2-10 years ago.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
of course you don't need watches, you just look at the bottom right hand corner of your computer screen.

Why on earth would we want to do that.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet

Why on earth would we want to do that.
Well I put my hands up.........sometimes (out of term time) it's the only way to know what date/time it is!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well I put my hands up.........sometimes (out of term time) it's the only way to know what date/time it is!
same here
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I am the bad boy of this thread I love clocks and watches, not to know the time but for the beauty of them.I have always been the same with small devices(no comments please) and Rosemary bought me a gorgeous mechanical skeleton pocket watch whilst I was in hospital which has pride of place at home.
Sorry.

Graham
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I am the bad boy of this thread I love clocks and watches, not to know the time but for the beauty of them.I have always been the same with small devices(no comments please) and Rosemary bought me a gorgeous mechanical skeleton pocket watch whilst I was in hospital which has pride of place at home.
Sorry.

Graham

Prefer Goliaths, myself ..... watches, that is! (truth be told only just discovered such a type exists........
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Prefer Goliaths, myself ..... watches, that is! (truth be told only just discovered such a type exists........
Now you have me worried I just looked up Goliaths and up came a gay bathouse in Canada.

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.