Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shock at racist Spanish!!

Shock at racist Spanish!!

Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shock at racist Spanish!!

Originally Posted by bil
There are bigoted pendejos in both countries. Fortunately there also exist charming people in both as well.
" Pendejo " is not Spanish, it is Argentinean. It is dwarf, small person
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:39 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
We've got bigoted dwarfs running wild now? Why wasn´t I told?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
What I want to know is why these :curse::curse::curse: were not arrested, I bet if a gang of skinheads had done it in reverse they would of got a right kicking, then nicked.
There was an arrest wasn't there for incitement
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:09 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
There was an arrest wasn't there for incitement
There were actually several mate, one is still being held I'm told.

Bit strange actually, a client of mine is a risk assessor for the Gov and he his company has put companies on the highest grade warning for a terror attack.

It may come to nothing but its odd that it should be such a high warning.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

"Penedejo" has a lot of meanings depending on which Spanish speaking country you come from
Fiancee is Argentinean,she assures me it does not mean dwarf,it generally means "idiot","dumbass" or "jerkoff",its the LATAM equivalent of calling someone a w***er in English.
Mexicans also use the term for the same meaning,they also use it in the the same way some of my black friends use "n***er",as in "Leugo,mi pendejo"
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:22 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lcortez
"Penedejo" has a lot of meanings depending on which Spanish speaking country you come from
Fiancee is Argentinean,she assures me it does not mean dwarf,it generally means "idiot","dumbass" or "jerkoff",its the LATAM equivalent of calling someone a w***er in English.
Mexicans also use the term for the same meaning,they also use it in the the same way some of my black friends use "n***er",as in "Leugo,mi pendejo"
I have scores of Argentine friends and can confirm that Pendejo is not a dwarf!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

its the LATAM equivalent of calling someone a w***er in English.
Oh Sod, I thought that was Pajero
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have scores of Argentine friends and can confirm that Pendejo is not a dwarf!
Now I remember that " pendejo " doesn't mean the same thing in all the south america countries. In the case of Argentina is a word for somebody young, of little age (but in Mexico already is more serious, seems an insult). In Argentina it is not insult, except when it is used with the word " de mierda ", then if it is an insult. The sentence " de mierda " denotes scorn, here or in any country of south america

Last edited by Relampago; Feb 7th 2008 at 7:09 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh Sod, I thought that was Pajero
It is in Colombia,and some other countries
In Spain its Hideboya
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now I remember that " pendejo " doesn't mean the same thing in all the south america countries. In the case of Argentina is a word for somebody young, of little age (but in Mexico already is more serious, seems an insult). In Argentina it is not insult, except when it is used with the word " de mierda ", then if it is an insult. The sentence " de mierda " denotes scorn, here or in any country of south america
"De mierda!",means "oh s**t".
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:13 pm
Straw Man.

I will let all my Argie mates, and I have quite a few, that they ALL have their own insults wrong........................and believe me when I say this.............

They will call me, among other things...............a Pendejo!!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Olmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to all

My argentinian cousins use pendejo as teenager, without peyorative intention, and also as an insult, so you can be both right. Funnily enough, the proper meaning of pendejo, in old castillian, is pubic or armpit hair
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:57 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

"De mierda!",means "oh s**t".

Better English translation would be the adjective f@#$ing. As in Cabron de mierda would not translate as 'Oh sh1t a ba$tard' but 'f@#$ing ba$tard'
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:03 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lot of leakage between the varieties of Spanish, I guess.

How about 'Gillipollas' instead?