Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shock at racist Spanish!!

Shock at racist Spanish!!

Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shock at racist Spanish!!

I saw that shirt before in Ayamonte. lol
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Olmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to all

Fortaleza's comments are spot on IMHO.

Some random thoughts here, about what happened and if Spaniards are racists pigs.

If Hamilton was not black, he would be still abused. Most F1 aficionados in Spain think that Ron Dennis took the piss of Alonso, McLaren didn't win a single race in 2006, they get Alonso to improve the car and then they forgot about him.

I was reading in the Independent that Spain is the country on earth that has received more immigrants in the world (as percentage of population) in the last 5 years, and the attitudes of the locals were the most tolerant of the EU.

We need PC, sure. Insuls like "maricon", are common. Same as "puff" in the UK. But gay couples can get marry or adopt, and most Spaniards don't bother at all. There are just three countries in the world were gays can adopt.

This will take some years, the UK or France have been where we are now 40 years ago, and race discrimination still exist. More subtle, but of course it does exist. PC will arrive sooner rather thanlater. For good and for bad.

Tabloids forums are opening topics like "Is Spain the most racist country in Europe?". The Sun. Funny, isn't it. So 4 blokes dress up in Carnival, and 10 morons insults Hamilton, then, Spain is racist. The Sun says. Jesus Christ.

I am Spanish, but I don't feel the necesity to apologize. I am not a racist. Hooligans or Ibiza boys doesn't represent you, either. We have just to apologize for our actions, not for the ones somebody else does, even if his passport says that he shares your nationality.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olmos
I am Spanish, but I don't feel the necesity to apologize
Nor do I
I agree that part of all this is down to the terrible English press that sensationalise anything and can brand a whole nation as racist just because if one incident!!

Bit like Brits and the football fan thugs going back a few years ...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:45 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Fortaleza's comments are spot on IMHO.

Some random thoughts here, about what happened and if Spaniards are racists pigs.

If Hamilton was not black, he would be still abused. Most F1 aficionados in Spain think that Ron Dennis took the piss of Alonso, McLaren didn't win a single race in 2006, they get Alonso to improve the car and then they forgot about him.

I was reading in the Independent that Spain is the country on earth that has received more immigrants in the world (as percentage of population) in the last 5 years, and the attitudes of the locals were the most tolerant of the EU.

We need PC, sure. Insuls like "maricon", are common. Same as "puff" in the UK. But gay couples can get marry or adopt, and most Spaniards don't bother at all. There are just three countries in the world were gays can adopt.

This will take some years, the UK or France have been where we are now 40 years ago, and race discrimination still exist. More subtle, but of course it does exist. PC will arrive sooner rather thanlater. For good and for bad.

Tabloids forums are opening topics like "Is Spain the most racist country in Europe?". The Sun. Funny, isn't it. So 4 blokes dress up in Carnival, and 10 morons insults Hamilton, then, Spain is racist. The Sun says. Jesus Christ.

I am Spanish, but I don't feel the necesity to apologize. I am not a racist. Hooligans or Ibiza boys doesn't represent you, either. We have just to apologize for our actions, not for the ones somebody else does, even if his passport says that he shares your nationality.

Well said.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:26 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

There are bigoted pendejos in both countries. Fortunately there also exist charming people in both as well.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Olmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to all

I am probably a bit cynical myself, but I cannot stop thinking that Ecclestone is laughing all the way to the bank...F1 hasn't been this exciting since Senna and Prost...

...If I had Hamilton or Alonso wages I wouldn't mind a bit of abuse now and then, you know.

Fortaleza, I was in Twickenham last weekend, I wish I were Welsh

Last edited by Olmos; Feb 6th 2008 at 7:47 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

I am probably a bit cynical myself, but I cannot stop thinking that Ecclestone is laughing all the way to the bank...F1 hasn't been this exciting since Senna and Prost...

...If I had Hamilton or Alonso wages I wouldn't mind a bit of abuse now and then, you know.

Fortaleza, I was in Twickenham last weekend, I wish I were Welsh
Now there's something you don't hear very often.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:13 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I were Welsh
Top Man!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
Top Man!
That's you isnt it.

You are Olmos, come on admit it.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE wishes they were Welsh!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE wishes they were Welsh!!!!!
You see we are not racist at all then

And seriously now, the most beautiful English I have heard in my life come from two Welsh actors: Anthony Hopkins and Richard Burton. And the best Spanish I have heard spoken by British folk come also from Welsh (I suppose they can make the j and rr sound). And the names: Gwyneth, Caernarfon, Llareggub.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that there are racists, in Spain and in many places, in the same way that there are foreigners that I don't know that they make in Europe, and that they are a true danger. This is also necessary to say it. For example, these of the picture (this is England, not Afganistan or Pakistan)

It is possible that I in this forum I seems unfriendly, when I say on things that I don't share of the british to Spain. But it is not certain. And I believe that a lot of people has a mistaken idea of me. But I should also say that, so tolerant we are being in Europe, that we will already see if we have to pay a too excessive invoice in the future

The British media should make a reflection on who is the true enemy before saying foolishness about Spain

Last edited by Relampago; Feb 6th 2008 at 9:26 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:22 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

You see we are not racist at all then

And seriously now, the most beautiful English I have heard in my life come from two Welsh actors: Anthony Hopkins and Richard Burton. And the best Spanish I have heard spoken by British folk come also from Welsh (I suppose they can make the j and rr sound). And the names: Gwyneth, Caernarfon, Llareggub.
The reason is that a lot of pronunciations in the Welsh language are the same as in Spanish. Certain sounds that don´t come naturally to English people are quite normal to us.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
It is possible that there are racists, in Spain and in many places, in the same way that there are foreigners that I don't know that they make in Europe, and that they are a true danger. This is also necessary to say it. For example, these of the picture (this is England, not Afganistan or Pakistan)
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...07_468x369.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co...9p.hmedium.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/sparrowsfall...ope_cancer.jpg
http://soerenkern.com/web/wp-content...m-europe-2.jpg
http://www.korazym.org/images/ph_isl...e-world_gr.jpg
It is possible that I in this forum I seems unfriendly, when I say on things that I don't share of the british to Spain. But it is not certain. And I believe that a lot of people has a mistaken idea of me. But I should also say that, so tolerant we are being in Europe, that we will already see if we have to pay a too excessive invoice in the future

The British media should make a reflection on who is the true enemy before saying so many foolishness about Spain
What I want to know is why these :curse::curse::curse: were not arrested, I bet if a gang of skinheads had done it in reverse they would of got a right kicking, then nicked.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by XTreme
The reason is that a lot of pronunciations in the Welsh language are the same as in Spanish. Certain sounds that don´t come naturally to English people are quite normal to us.
There`s no answer to that.... lol
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:36 pm
Mucho Macho

I dunno....I reckon some of these guys have got a grievance you know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.