Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shock at racist Spanish!!

Shock at racist Spanish!!

Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shock at racist Spanish!!

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
So because he's black we mustn't say anything? Isn't that racism by the back door?? Wasn't all that positive discrimination abandoned as it was deemed still to be discriminatory????

My point was ..... why was it necessary to bring colour into it? If they wanted to proyest against him for whatever reason, it was not necessary or productive to paint themselves black!

As I said I'm no pc stickler, but imho that was totally unecessary
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
My point was ..... why was it necessary to bring colour into it? If they wanted to proyest against him for whatever reason, it was not necessary or productive to paint themselves black!

As I said I'm no pc stickler, but imho that was totally unecessary
Is that actually a word?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Is that actually a word?
Yes of course
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course
I will take your word for it then.

for the rest of the English speaking world, it isnt a word people, Mitzy has made it up OK?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

The reason that the press made such a fuss,was to deflect peoples' thoughts away from the English rugby performance!!
And its a pity people on here think its funny making stupid, childish remarks, about anyone from Wales!
Could that be racist?
LMJ
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:07 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lmj50
The reason that the press made such a fuss,was to deflect peoples' thoughts away from the English rugby performance!!
And its a pity people on here think its funny making stupid, childish remarks, about anyone from Wales!
Could that be racist?
LMJ
Welsh is a region not a country.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

lol Matt
I knew you would take the bait! and you being a fan of my daughter as well.
And yes England lost to a region, well a club!! not country!
LMJ
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:24 pm
Straw Man.

lol Matt
I knew you would take the bait! and you being a fan of my daughter as well.
And yes England lost to a region, well a club!! not country!
LMJ
You might want to take that up with Fortaleza!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

What happens is that the British Media when it accuses, it doesn't accuse to a small group of Spanish fans that they insult to Hamilton. No. The British Media always accuses to all the country, also like they made when Alonso was in McLaren (that he was being betrayed by his own team, and also the Spanish fans didn't insult to nobody) or like they made almost 4 years ago, in the party between Spain and England, when a small group of Spanish fans insulted the black players. It also happened as now, for the British media it was not a small group, was all the country. And this is truly very insulting, at least in my point of view

Of course, the British Media hides the racist songs that the British fans have sung the Turkish players (something as " I prefer to be a paki before a Turk ") or something that was prohibited in United Kingdom that was to throw bananas when the black players entered to the stadium

In Spain there are racist people (that not all), but in United Kingdom are racist and hypocritical, not capable to give lessons of moral. And the British Media, they don't do any favor nor to Spaniards nor to British. Only the confrontation

I am against all that they have been able to say to Hamilton, but Hamilton it has demonstrated to be many times a big mouths and a provocative one, mainly when Alonso was not in the team

Last edited by Relampago; Feb 5th 2008 at 4:08 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:42 pm
Straw Man.

Where's my bait and tackle?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
What happens is that the British Media when it accuses, it doesn't accuse to a small group of Spanish fans that they insult to Hamilton. No. The British Media always accuses to all the country, also like they made when Alonso was in McLaren (that he was being betrayed by his own team, and also the Spanish fans didn't insult to nobody) or like they made almost 4 years ago, in the party between Spain and England, when a small group of Spanish fans insulted the black players. It also happened as now, for the British media it was not a small group, was all the country. And this is truly very insulting, at least in my point of view

Of course, the British Media hides the racist songs that the British fans have sung the Turkish players (something as " I prefer to be a paki before a Turk ") or something that was prohibited in United Kingdom that was to throw bananas when the black players entered to the stadium

In Spain there are racist people (that not all), but in United Kingdom are racist and hypocritical, not capable to give lessons of moral. And the British Media, they don't do any favor nor to Spaniards nor to British. Only the confrontation
You're talking out of your bottom. I go to a lot of football matches and the one thing that has changed out of all recognition in recent years is that you cannot direct racist or overly graphic remarks at a player, referee or an opposition fan without some over zealous steward hoiking you out of the ground, at least that's how it is at Chelsea. From the race standpoint this is a good thing, but when some family sitting in front of you complains that your language is too ripe, I lament the change from what was once a working man's sport.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:11 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
I am against all that they have been able to say to Hamilton, but Hamilton it has demonstrated to be many times a big mouths and a provocative one, mainly when Alonso was not in the team
So that makes it all right then?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

So that makes it all right then?
I believe that they have overstepped with Hamilton, but it has bothered people the fact of seeing as McLaren acted against Alonso (included Hamilton) and then what I have said already, certain expressions of Hamilton. And of course, the British Media, that with or without Spanish provocation, it is always belligerent with us

Last edited by Relampago; Feb 5th 2008 at 4:37 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:13 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

The reason that the press made such a fuss,was to deflect peoples' thoughts away from the English rugby performance!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Was thinking of starting a thread on this very subject,but see I was beaten to it
May I first start by offering a complete,and unreserved apology on behalf of all right thinking Spaniards for this disgusting and unneccessary behaviour,which I can assure you is not representative of all Spaniards and brings shame on us all
However,some of the statements about the British media,I believe are well made.The media coverage of Europe in the UK is overwhelmingly negative,having said it still doesnt excuse the behaviour being discussed.
The other points about British football fans etc are irrelevant,just because someone else does something,doesnt mean you have to do as well

Last edited by lcortez; Feb 5th 2008 at 6:35 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.