Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling a Spanish-plated vehicle in Spain.

Selling a Spanish-plated vehicle in Spain.

Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:34 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a Spanish-plated vehicle in Spain.

Originally Posted by Grazy
Hi All,

In Spain if you allow another person to use your car i.e. you sell it but fail to get them to go with you either to El departamiento de Trafico or an intermediary (Gestor) even though they have paid you money in full for it:
· You are breaking the law, as it is your responsibility to ensure that the registration is transferred into the name of the new owner.
· If they break the law in what is regarded in law, as still your car the police, if they fail to detain the driver will come to your address.

The answer is so simple, when you sell a vehicle go to a h
Gistoria or directly to Trafico and make sure that both vendor and purchaser sign on the dotted line.

Any purchaser who will not go with you to the Gestor, is not acting legally.

I hope that information helps some members.
Thank you, yes, it does help me - I hadn't realised it was breaking the law by selling your car without making sure the other person had re-registered it.

Makes more sense now!