Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Seems to be a lot of............

Seems to be a lot of............

Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:57 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seems to be a lot of............

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Ha,ha, I thought my ears were burning, though having briefly glanced at the thread previously, I kind of considered it a bit too petty and nonsensical to justify my involvement.

Personally I couldn't care a toss which way threads go, wether it be about England, Spain or the price of Yak cheese in Outer Mongolia.
Anyone who retains an interest in the original topic is free to bring it back to life at any time if there is still sufficient interest. If not why worry about it ?

I suppose it is noticable how the dyed in the wool, here for keeps Spain fanatics still tend to concentrate their attention mainly on affairs back in Blighty, but so what ?
Maybe it simply demonstrates where their hearts still truly lie. For me personally overall I have no axe to grind, spending my time 50/50 between the two, enjoying both equally, and happy to discuss the pros and cons of each as and when the occasion arises.
Great post DD.

I agree with you, Threads and topic are like driving you can go on the motorway, one straight run, not turnoffs, or go the scenic route, both ways reach journeys end, but one is quicker and the other more interesting.

I dont really understand getting upset when a thread moves away from the predicted path, all threads die a natural death any way......
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I dont really understand getting upset when a thread moves away from the predicted path,
No, nor me, it happens in all forums, and sometimes leads to something more interesting. And we all know where most of the threads here will end up anyway!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:07 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I too agree with Dick, I think most of us do. I enjoy a discussion on most topics, and a British expat forum about living in Spain is bound to focus on just that.

Some years ago now I was also fortunate enough to be able to pendulate between the two countries, a perfect time, but then along came one dog, then another, then a lady from London (I nearly slipped up there). When the place back home was rented out, the pendulating stopped, sadly.

We're even contemplating trying to sell our London home next spring, a consideration based on pure greed, it being near to the Olympics.

In case anyone thinks I'm too focussed on Spain, it's not true. I've made reconnaissance trips to the US, France and Germany while living in Spain, each time seriously considering moving there instead, and spending months in each place to explore the possibilities properly.

For me personally, Spain is still the place I prefer to live in, but that could all change if the fickle finger of fate takes a hand.