Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Seems to be a lot of............

Seems to be a lot of............

Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seems to be a lot of............

Threads about UK on the Spain forum, och well, by pass time for me, not interested in those If I want to read UK stuff would go to UK page, er is there one
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:26 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seems to be a lot of............

Originally Posted by pwwm
Threads about UK on the Spain forum, och well, by pass time for me, not interested in those If I want to read UK stuff would go to UK page, er is there one
Are you surprised? if you are I dont see why.

Most of the posters, receive a pension from the UK, and will have lots of questions about how to get things transferred from the UK.

If you dont want to read or participate in a thread, dont read it, it is not compusory. Simples.

Why dont you join a Spanish speaking forum and esclusively discuss Spain?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS

Most of the posters, receive a pension from the UK, and will have lots of questions about how to get things transferred from the UK.

If you dont want to read or participate in a thread, dont read it, it is not compusory. Simples.

He`s talking about the pissing contest threads, like it`s always better weather, cheaper, blah blah blah in the UK than in Spain.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:13 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

The amigos lounge should be renamed as the bull-shit and Bush. Could have fooled me that they claim not to read the Mail Almost everything in there is about the UK

As for the "pissing" threads do you mean where someone quotes some figures from the Spanish news and half a dozen posters say what about the UK and rambles on about Hackney or somewhere You only have to glance at the thread When the PP get in what will change....it got on to discussing the UK on page 2 and continued the same for 9 pages!!

Last edited by jackytoo; Nov 10th 2011 at 9:20 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
The amigos lounge should be renamed as the bull-shit and Bush. Could have fooled me that they claim not to read the Mail Almost everything in there is about the UK

As for the "pissing" threads do you mean where someone quotes some figures from the Spanish news and half a dozen posters say what about the UK and rambles on about Hackney or somewhere You only have to glance at the thread When the PP get in what will change....it got on to discussing the UK on page 2 and continued the same for 9 pages!!
Thats the ones, but most are reversed to what you are saying, someone in Spain on this Spanish forum mentions something good about Spain, then we get the three or four that live in the uk spouting on about how much better it is in the UK.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I commented about British threads purely about Britan, not as you have miss read about help between the two countries. Slightly up tight tonight are we not, Problem is, you dont know it is just UK until you open the thread then yes I do move on.

Why er should I move to spanish speaker forum: have always enjoyed it here, lots of great people and great advice. Re Spain

If I want to know about Comet or whatever in UK will read the news or UK forum here.

Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

why not indeed, there's nothing holding him back, is there? As for threads that don't interest someone, as you say, don't read them, it's that easy. Someone told us that the exchange rate thread doesn't interest them, it was all in the thread title, so why bother reading it, and then taking the trouble to tell us of their disinterest?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Thats the ones, but most are reversed to what you are saying, someone in Spain on this Spanish forum mentions something good about Spain, then we get the three or four that live in the uk spouting on about how much better it is in the UK.
Hear hear, this is something else I have noticed. well we are here to stay, better than UK. as I know you jdr have been here onger than us and in the early days gave us advice, most welcome it was too thank you.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by agoreira
why not indeed, there's nothing holding him back, is there? As for threads that don't interest someone, as you say, don't read them, it's that easy. Someone told us that the exchange rate thread doesn't interest them, it was all in the thread title, so why bother reading it, and then taking the trouble to tell us of their disinterest?
As I have explained, you cannot always tell until you open them, I do not read all, I do read those that pertain to Spain, also the ones asking advice etc.
I am not interested on a Spanish advice forum etc about riots in UK Comeet being taken over blah blah blah. Most of which until open you do not know what the are about

As for leaving and going elsewhere , why should I, been here for some years now and enjoy the vast majority of posts, so, I aint going anywhere, it is a forum for others point of vire and for the first time in many years I have expressed them
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

One .... two .... three, oh no DD is not here yet
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hear hear, this is something else I have noticed. well we are here to stay, better than UK. as I know you jdr have been here onger than us and in the early days gave us advice, most welcome it was too thank you.
No problem, glad to help, have you noticed the lack of people asking for advice on here now since all this crap has been going on.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:57 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well as I have said before a little moderation would be useful and declare posters off-topic. Where is Mitzy anyway The example I quoted re. the PP thread title was totally misleading finished up with loads of pages about UK unions in the past, why does no-one shift them to another thread
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:04 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
One .... two .... three, oh no DD is not here yet
Ha,ha, I thought my ears were burning, though having briefly glanced at the thread previously, I kind of considered it a bit too petty and nonsensical to justify my involvement.

Personally I couldn't care a toss which way threads go, wether it be about England, Spain or the price of Yak cheese in Outer Mongolia.
Anyone who retains an interest in the original topic is free to bring it back to life at any time if there is still sufficient interest. If not why worry about it ?

I suppose it is noticable how the dyed in the wool, here for keeps Spain fanatics still tend to concentrate their attention mainly on affairs back in Blighty, but so what ?
Maybe it simply demonstrates where their hearts still truly lie. For me personally overall I have no axe to grind, spending my time 50/50 between the two, enjoying both equally, and happy to discuss the pros and cons of each as and when the occasion arises.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

EGO, EGO, EGO!!!!!!!!

That's what the site has become.

There are probably 10 people who are all fighting for the top position, wanting to be the top dog, the king rat so to speak.

These people have to have to comment on everything, so as to assert their expertise and supreme knowledge, etc. They are clusless about Spain, Britain and Global issues, but who cares, it's entertainment. A bit like Big Brother for a bunch of nobodies, lol.

It's amusing following it.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:12 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
price of Yak cheese in Outer Mongolia.
Now you are talking, what is the price of yaks cheese in Outer Mongolia?

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.