Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

satellite internet almeria

satellite internet almeria

Old Mar 12th 2022, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: satellite internet almeria

Originally Posted by Bunge
I totally agree, 20Mbps is perefectly adequate for my needs the main issue I have currently where I am is, the only broadband offering is through Next and I do get aroung 15Mbps down but only 1.8 Mbps up and you cant do much with that when working on Teams most of the day. Most of the time it wont even connect.
The speeds you report are more than enough for Teams. I guess the problem you probably have is latency. It's a common problem for many WISP customers using set ups like Next.

Best
Loco

Old Mar 12th 2022, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Originally Posted by SanNico
Agree. I was pre-empting someone claiming that Movistar restrict the Digi bandwidth.

On your second point, you would be surprised how many people have 300/600/1000Mbps using normal wifi routers and repeaters that won't even give 30Mbps if you're 1 room away from the router. The only way to make use of it is to install mesh or wired access points.
Lol I am not surprised......... I would be surprised to hear of anyone who gets even close to thier contracted 300/600/1000Mbps speeds on upload and download.

Best
Loco
PS. For mobile data Movistar don't restrict Digi bandwidth. Last time I spoke with a Digi tech they confirmed their offerings were limited to 4g. It may well have changed since but practically it makes little difference anyway.

Old Mar 12th 2022, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by santaanita
hi from portugal,i signed up to Konnect satellite service,about 8months ago and have no complaints what so ever 3 different packages i went for the top one ,49.99 month fixed for two years,on a one year contract,never drops below 80 meg and hovers around 95 meg most of the time,and unlimated
I guess you have signed up for Konnect Zen. If so the OP would have problems with it due mainly to latency but also potential throttling once the priority data allowance is used up.

Best
Loco

Old Mar 13th 2022, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bunge
Hi all, thankyou for your answers, greatly appreciated. Starlink looks very tempting, but I may wait until the price comes down. There is good Movistar coverage, so I will go for that for now.

Forget Starlink. It's only just become available in Spain and as they point out there will be periods of non connectivity. It is also expensive. Currently over 499 E for the kit excluding delivery and installation and then 108E a month.

I doubt the prices are going to drop down to anywhere near 25E a month anytime soon.
​​​​
Best
Loco

​​​​​​

Old Mar 15th 2022, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco
Lol I am not surprised......... I would be surprised to hear of anyone who gets even close to thier contracted 300/600/1000Mbps speeds on upload and download.

Best
Loco
PS. For mobile data Movistar don't restrict Digi bandwidth. Last time I spoke with a Digi tech they confirmed their offerings were limited to 4g. It may well have changed since but practically it makes little difference anyway.
TP-Link have a great Mesh system at the budget end, the X20. The last time I tested it I got 555 down and 505 up over wifi about 10m from the base station. I used the TP-Link Powerline adaptors before this and it struggled to get 50 Mbps.

For the 4G, I really can't praise Digi enough. Compared to Vodafone, they are a dream to deal with and the 4G speeds are the same as 5G with Vodafone, if not better. The icing on the cake is the huge price difference between the two.