Sad Times

Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

tawaghorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sad Times

Hi Katies Girl
Just go back to the undertaker who arranged your Mums Funeral and ask for a Certificate to take ashes out of the UK. Just keep the Certificate with the
ashes Our son died in 2005 and we will be taking his ashes with us when we retire to Spain
Regards
Terry
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

thatman will become famous soon enoughthatman will become famous soon enough

I took part of my fathers ashes back to Spain with me a couple of years ago and did not ask permission from anyone. I packed them in a Stainless Steel box and took them with my hand luggage. For my part I take a small amount with me where ever I go - in a small box - which is always in my hand luggage in case my hold luggage goes astray.
Last year I sat next to a lady on Easy Jet and she told me she was holding her handbag next to her as she had her husbands ashes and was taking them back home. She was telling me it was the first time she had been back to the UK for years and told me about her sad loss then maybe because I was sympathetic she told me what was in her bag and said she had not told anyone else incase they would not let her take them on the plane.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I took my Dad in a plastic sweet jar (well that´s what it looked like to me!) to Austria to scatter over a mountain. Had all the necessary paperwork from the funeral director.

Imagine the scene - lovely day in May in an alpine garden half way up a mountain - no one around - OH discreetly takes Dad out of the backpack, unscrew ready to scatter, hordes of people appear out of nowhere (think the next cable car had arrived), so trying very hard to do the necessary then a breeze springs up, OH covered in ash -most landed on one poor plant. With that with just fell about laughing - my Dad would have aboslutely loved it!! Then took loads of pictures for Mum and rest of family.

Mum wants to be scattered in Brazil - we are fighting over that trip
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Duchess is an unknown quantity at this point

My condolences to you & your family, here is an international Funeral Director, that with one phone call, can answer your questions & arrange it if need be.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

After attending a couple of funerals at Villajoyosa (a couple too many) I do know the staff speak very good English. So give them a call.

http://www.servisa.es/ingles/index.htm

Also this website link (also in English)