Sad Times

Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

KatiesGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sad Times

Hi, this might seem an odd request but I don't know who else to ask, 9 years ago my fathers ashes were scattered at Villayosa cemetary, this July my beloved Mother died, we would like to bring her back to Spain where she was very happy. Could anyone give my any advice, like what permisson we would need, who to contact etc.
KatiesGirl
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sad Times

Originally Posted by KatiesGirl
Hi, this might seem an odd request but I don't know who else to ask, 9 years ago my fathers ashes were scattered at Villayosa cemetary, this July my beloved Mother died, we would like to bring her back to Spain where she was very happy. Could anyone give my any advice, like what permisson we would need, who to contact etc.
KatiesGirl
Maybe the British Consul in Alicante could help?

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/our-o...nte-consulate/
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Maybe the British Consul in Alicante could help?

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/our-o...nte-consulate/
Strange, but we had a similar thread a while ago HERE may be some help to you.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:04 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

KatiesGirl
verry sorry for your loss.but is your mother getting cremated in uk.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Strange, but we had a similar thread a while ago HERE may be some help to you.
Thank you so much for your advice, Mom was cremated on 21st July 2008, we will be taking her in October to Spain in October.
KatiesGirl
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sad Times

Thank you so much for your advice, Mom was cremated on 21st July 2008, we will be taking her in October to Spain in October.
KatiesGirl
If mum is already cremated then you can pack her discreetly in your hand luggage and take her to where she wants to be and then scatter the ashes with dad but you may have to ask permission from the cemetery to scatter openly in the garden of remembrance and a fee may be charged.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
If mum is already cremated then you can pack her discreetly in your hand luggage
Is that the same hand luggage that has to be in a clear bag and not over 100ml ?

I personally would not advise that you take the remains of your mother out of the country without having sought the advice of a funeral director.

Taking ashes abroad for scattering is done quite a lot and I think you will find there are rules to follow, especially in these troubled times that we live in.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sad Times

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Is that the same hand luggage that has to be in a clear bag and not over 100ml ?

I personally would not advise that you take the remains of your mother out of the country without having sought the advice of a funeral director.

Taking ashes abroad for scattering is done quite a lot and I think you will find there are rules to follow, especially in these troubled times that we live in.
No you are entitled to at least 10kg of hand luggage which would of course include your clear plastic bag of toiletries. I think if you wanted to be sure you could consult the airline but when we moved mum and dads ashes they were in a simple wooden urn and had been ground to a very fine ash by the crem. Security would not even pick them up.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

I would just put it in the hold, job done
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
No you are entitled to at least 10kg of hand luggage .
Thats never right John&Kath.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, we have all the necessary certificates from funeral director, brother has campervan, and will be taking her by road, so not going by plane. Have e-mailed crem but no response so will have to play it by ear when we get there. It's a lovely crem at villajosa so really hope we can scatter ashes there with Dad.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:55 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

you need to have all the paper work and get in touch with the airport that you going to be shipping trought .... and the airport that you going to

email the airline aswell and tell them what you bring onboard , that can stop you form flighting

its help to tell them so you wont get stop and looking at ashes and think off some thing eles

it no joke drug have be shipped that way befor
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that, we have all the necessary certificates from funeral director, brother has campervan, and will be taking her by road, so not going by plane. Have e-mailed crem but no response so will have to play it by ear when we get there. It's a lovely crem at villajosa so really hope we can scatter ashes there with Dad.

I think that it is a lovely thing that you are going to do.

Respect.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

KatiesGirl
Hello KatiesGirl,
I am sorry for your loss.
Please check with your funeral director whether the urn containing your Mother's remains can be x-rayed at passport control (eg. at frontiers). Also, some urns have a sealed lid which might make opening it somewhat difficult. Your funeral director should be able to advise.
If you do not receive a reply from the "tanatorio" (crematory) in Alicante province, perhaps you might consider contacting a church for information in Villajoyosa (eg. "Google" search "Anglican church Villajoyosa" or similar)?
The name Villajoyosa (the "happy place") I hope will help you & your brother on your journey.
Carol
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that, I'll get on to it, thanks for the translation, its seems so appropriate. I feel quite uplifted with all the advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.