Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair: Leeds/Bradford to Alicante

Ryanair: Leeds/Bradford to Alicante

Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair: Leeds/Bradford to Alicante

Originally Posted by featherbum
has the 'baggage fee' thing always been 30.00eurosperbag??? or is it cause they have a sale on?

they are soo cheeky grrr i hate this airline!
Vote with your bum, sit in a different airline seat.... ;-))
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Vote with your bum, sit in a different airline seat.... ;-))
unfortunately i dont have many choices from here, its either ryanair or easyjet (a new airline has started doing my route too but they are quite pricey, clickair).

but, anyway, that didnt answer my question, have they put the baggage price up? i recall it being cheaper? (in my dreams maybe).
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately i dont have many choices from here, its either ryanair or easyjet (a new airline has started doing my route too but they are quite pricey, clickair).

but, anyway, that didnt answer my question, have they put the baggage price up? i recall it being cheaper? (in my dreams maybe).
Prices are still the same!
All their charges are listed here;-
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Prices are still the same!
All their charges are listed here;-
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES
thanks Tim!

by the way whats this about:
Payment Handling Fee - Per passenger/ Per One Way Flight - 5 euros

so basically, unless i pay with visa electron i have to pay 20 euros for me and mr FB just, to pay????
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

thanks Tim!

by the way whats this about:
Payment Handling Fee - Per passenger/ Per One Way Flight - 5 euros

so basically, unless i pay with visa electron i have to pay 20 euros for me and mr FB just, to pay????

Yep!!!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

paulb58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought i would bring up something that happened to me last year. I was looking at the ryan air site for my daughter to come out here, luton to murcia. Found a £0.00 flight. I couldn't contact her cos she was at work at the time. Checked the flight during the day to see if it was still available. When i spoke to my daughter later and when on to book the flights they had gone up to £15 here and £19 back, halfway through booking my computer crashed and when i went back to book them they had gone up to £29.99 each way but booked them anyway.

10 mins later she went onto the ryan air site in the uk and told me that the flights were still available her end at £0.00.

It appeared to me that the more times i checked the flight availability the more it went up in price
Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb58
Just thought i would bring up something that happened to me last year. I was looking at the ryan air site for my daughter to come out here, luton to murcia. Found a £0.00 flight. I couldn't contact her cos she was at work at the time. Checked the flight during the day to see if it was still available. When i spoke to my daughter later and when on to book the flights they had gone up to £15 here and £19 back, halfway through booking my computer crashed and when i went back to book them they had gone up to £29.99 each way but booked them anyway.

10 mins later she went onto the ryan air site in the uk and told me that the flights were still available her end at £0.00.

It appeared to me that the more times i checked the flight availability the more it went up in price
There have been numerous threads on here about this in the past. If you clear out your internet cache before each visit to the site, or use a different pc, it won't happen!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Until today I wasn't aware Ryanair flew from Leeds/Bradford airport to Alicante. Just got a return fare end of March for £0.00 BUT BUT BUT with the add-ons/taxes came to nearly £90 - not a bad price BUT BUT BUT £10 for a credit card fee - f****** outrageous - considering I do all the bloody work booking !!
good job you are travelling alone as it would be £10 per passenger booked .Make sure you don't require drinks or snacks £6 for a small bottle of wine £4.50 small beer and £1.50 for an even smaller can of coke etc and £5.50 for a sandwich but never mind they dont have a fuel supplement like other airlines (big deal)
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:20 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

I'm 'stuck' in UK right now. Yesterday my Ryanair flight from Doncaster to Alicante was cancelled 30mins before departure due to heavy snow. First time that has happened to me, ever.

Anyway of course then you have to fend for yourself. Snow was bucketing down outside, worried travellers, confusion, etc... Now Ryanair were no where to be seen but the Servisair desk was open. A plane or two full of people then had to queue to get info / options. On the whole the ladies there were very good from what I could see BUT 1 computer / 3 staff really slowed things down.

2+ hours it took to sort 1 plane of people out - other flights were being cancelled too, so this desk would have had a hard time.

3 POINTS:
a) If your flight is cancelled RUN RUN RUN to the help desk as being at the back of the queue means any options/re-arranged flights are minimised by virtue the front liners get first choice.

b) Check your travel insurance. As I did discover that as usual the insurance company have a clause or two that says cancelled flights aren't covered (at least not on my annual policy). They told me yesterday that the Airline should compensate me. Well Ryanair say they will refund the flight cost but that is all !! (and I bet I don't get my booking fee back). Of course I now have extra expenses for travel, food and accommodation so I THINK I SHOULD be covered as I am TRAVELLING and I THOUGHT 'TRAVEL INSURANCE' did what it says on the tin !!! (how we hate insurance).

c) Re-Booking: I opted for a refund and got on the airport 'cyber-cafe' (2 slow PCs) to re-book a new flight with Ryanair (Doncaster has little choice of airlines). I got one for Tuesday BUT again had to pay a CC/booking fee. I DISCOVERED later that I could have rebooked "FREE" according to the Ryanair site last night. BUT that info WAS NOT on their site yesterday (probably too soon after the snow) because I looked - but had limited time - and 9/10 other's breathing down my neck to use the Internet PC.

So an horrible 7/8 hours yesterday really. But at least Doncaster is small and I can imagine the BIG airports would be a far lot worse and stressful.

Snow eh !!!!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is an echo on this forum. ;-))