Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair: Leeds/Bradford to Alicante

Ryanair: Leeds/Bradford to Alicante

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:52 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Ryanair: Leeds/Bradford to Alicante

Until today I wasn't aware Ryanair flew from Leeds/Bradford airport to Alicante. Just got a return fare end of March for £0.00 BUT BUT BUT with the add-ons/taxes came to nearly £90 - not a bad price BUT BUT BUT £10 for a credit card fee - f****** outrageous - considering I do all the bloody work booking !!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ryanair: Leeds/Bradford to Alicante

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Until today I wasn't aware Ryanair flew from Leeds/Bradford airport to Alicante. Just got a return fare end of March for £0.00 BUT BUT BUT with the add-ons/taxes came to nearly £90 - not a bad price BUT BUT BUT £10 for a credit card fee - f****** outrageous - considering I do all the bloody work booking !!
I really object to the add ons, this time travelling light no cargo luggage but still came to £110 return.
I guess thats not bad considering as i could not travel to London for that.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

How do you get a flight for £0?????????
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:19 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

credit card fee gone up , baggage prices are gone up , that do need make there money back on last year fuel prices , easyjet the same
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

I thought blatent profiteering from credit card charges was now illegal?

Aren't they only allowed to charge an amount to actually cover the credit card costs?

How can they justify a credit card charge for both legs of the booking when you are booking both at the same time and only actually making one credit card payment? There's only one transaction, but two credit card charges. Blatent profiteering.

Last edited by billgates; Feb 3rd 2009 at 6:54 am. Reason: markup not working
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:48 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by billgates
I thought blatant profiteering from credit card charges was now illegal? Blatant profiteering.
Perhaps? But who do you report them too... and anyway Ryanair will just ignore customers complaints and if they get 'caught' will add the charges on somewhere else... I can see how their pricing model works to a agree but the CCard fee is effing outrageous !!

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:51 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
How do you get a flight for £0?????????
I've had loads !! I'm pretty fortunate that I have a flexible working life so seek out the £0.00 flights - On their website you can click next/previous day until the 0.00's come up / Try it - it works on the Doncaster or Leeds routes!!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
I really object to the add ons, this time travelling light no cargo luggage but still came to £110 return.
I guess thats not bad considering as i could not travel to London for that.
I've got one, end of feb for £35.oo return inc booking fee
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

I've had loads !! I'm pretty fortunate that I have a flexible working life so seek out the £0.00 flights - On their website you can click next/previous day until the 0.00's come up / Try it - it works on the Doncaster or Leeds routes!!
Ryanair dont fly to Alicante from Cardiffjust checked only Bristol ) I can never find flights under a £100 BMI baby out of Cardiff. I thought that was reasonable for a return Oh well
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:35 am
Just Joined

northend is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful with Ryanair and make sure all details are correct when booking online. I made a minor spelling mistake in a name and they made me make a complete name change at a cost of £95.00 when the fare was only £120.00. They're not interested in complaints about it. It's daylight robbery and I certainly won't use them again.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northend
Be careful with Ryanair and make sure all details are correct when booking online. I made a minor spelling mistake in a name and they made me make a complete name change at a cost of £95.00 when the fare was only £120.00. They're not interested in complaints about it. It's daylight robbery and I certainly won't use them again.

But ..... it was your mistake. The charges are all shown in their T&C.
We all do know that Ryanair charge for any little thing they can over and above the cheap fares
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Go squeezyjet, mrsjdr did a name change for free. ;-))
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

I made a spelling mistake on a surname and they changed it for nothing and the new e-mail conformation was there within 5 minutes
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

has the 'baggage fee' thing always been 30.00eurosperbag??? or is it cause they have a sale on?

they are soo cheeky grrr i hate this airline!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:37 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by featherbum
they are soo cheeky grrr i hate this airline!
I think they are a love/hate airline - As I travel into Doncaster I have little choice from Alicante - (either Ryanair or ThomsonFly). As I 'commute' back a fair few times - I do buy on price. But I hate the 'cattle' mentality of 'low cost airlines'.

Q. Why can't Ryanair allocate a seat number - an argument "it takes time - time is money" doesn't cut ice with me as this whole luggage limit/weight thing slows the check-in process anyway. And the queuing / any seat will do just causes chaos at the gate and when boarding.

ThomsonFly have started employing check-in assistants (so a cost to them) for reminding customers at check-in about luggage restrictions and excess fees. I am assuming the excess fees must easily pay for these extra staff ?!?

EasyJet.. week in week out they exposed themselves on TV to have many service problems but people still use them ?!?!?? Price again?

Ryaniar Booking and someone says earlier - CHECK YOUR BOOKING before HITTING the PAY Button - as I have just discovered that they craftily added travel insurance on to the booking as well as the credit card charge. yet I am 100% SURE I unchecked Travel Insurance as I already have annual. BE CAREFUL... of course if I call to complain they'll just say I MUST have made the mistake and probably charge me for changing it anyway.

The bottom line is ' I DON'T TRUST THEM ' and unfortunately this seems to be a common ploy with many service providers to deceive us through clever ? mis-leading marketing / words or confusion. This is a terrible trend over the last few years... don't get me started on Mobile Phone companies (Vodafone, Orange in particular)...

... need a cuppa after that rant !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.