Reload this Page >

schools in costa del sol

schools in costa del sol

Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:45 am
Just Joined

wayne and vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default schools in costa del sol

hi everyone
we're thinking of making the move and working in gib and living either from estapona down to la linea or the other side from cadiz down to la linea not sure yet have recc it well and rent first, but we have a 3 yr old boy which we need to find as much as poss about schooling for from state/international/prices/hrs etc etc so i would be very gratefull for any help,advice on schools etc.
thank wayne
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: schools in costa del sol

Originally Posted by wayne and vanessa
hi everyone
we're thinking of making the move and working in gib and living either from estapona down to la linea or the other side from cadiz down to la linea not sure yet have recc it well and rent first, but we have a 3 yr old boy which we need to find as much as poss about schooling for from state/international/prices/hrs etc etc so i would be very gratefull for any help,advice on schools etc.
thank wayne
I can't help with schools in that area, but before you make a decision re International school read this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564426
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I can't help with schools in that area, but before you make a decision re International school read this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564426
hi i did read that before you showed me..not good! how did yours feel when they went to state not speaking any spanish was they taught in english aswell see'ing as they was the only 2 kids in the class that was english?
wots the diff between the gcse grades in international and the ones you get in spain schools i was under the impression that the gcse ones was better??im not too sure about that tho??
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:41 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

hi i did read that before you showed me..not good! how did yours feel when they went to state not speaking any spanish was they taught in english aswell see'ing as they was the only 2 kids in the class that was english?
wots the diff between the gcse grades in international and the ones you get in spain schools i was under the impression that the gcse ones was better??im not too sure about that tho??
Mine were pretty much happier from day 1 in the spanish system - the younger one HATED the international school - she had been to pre-school in England & the States - and was very relaxed about that sort of thing - but she HATED the international school.

In our area there are a lot of expats from various countries, so they weren't the only english kids - & no, they weren't taught in english at all -

you wouldn't expect a spanish kid to be taught in spanish in England, would you!?

they have had to learn two languages - spanish & the local language, valenciano

my older dd has just started German, too

The IGCSE that they do in the British schools here do have a better reputation than the GCSEs - but the spanish state school system is totally different
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
thank wayne
Avoid the international schools ,your child is unlikley to learn good spanish and they will cost you a small fortune, use the state school for at least the first 5 or 6 years ,then your child will start correcting your spanishLike my 6 year old dose me, it great to hear them converse in perfect spanish then switch to english
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rotor
Avoid the international schools ,your child is unlikley to learn good spanish and they will cost you a small fortune, use the state school for at least the first 5 or 6 years ,then your child will start correcting your spanishLike my 6 year old dose me, it great to hear them converse in perfect spanish then switch to english
lol i bet it is weird just seems weird that all of a sudden someone is talkin alien to them must be weird for them till they pick a bit up,but wot i have read is that state schools are best to intergrate them quicker lingo n all,the other half seems to think other wise tho for some reason..he's only 3 at the mo..wot are the schooling hrs think my other half read that they have long dinners and you have to pick them up??? dont know if they was state or international or even if it was true??lol
has your 6 yr old picked it up really well then rotor? how long they been going? all info welcome as much as poss
thanks wayne
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with the Costa Del Sol. but here in Valencia, our local state school take them from 3 tears upwards and they do 9 to 4.30 Monday to Thursday and 9 to 3 on a Friday, including lunch. As we are more than 3kms from the school, there is a free school bus and lunches are subsidised for primary school pupils also because of the distance. Infants are not subsidised for lunches but the bus is still free.
You have to pay for all of their school books as well, both text books and writing books, and all other materials, any school trips (usually 1 per term) are also subsidised.
My 8 year old has been there 4 years, and my 4 year old a year. In both cases, their Spanish is better than their English, and they both love it there.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

lol i bet it is weird just seems weird that all of a sudden someone is talkin alien to them must be weird for them till they pick a bit up,but wot i have read is that state schools are best to intergrate them quicker lingo n all,the other half seems to think other wise tho for some reason..he's only 3 at the mo..wot are the schooling hrs think my other half read that they have long dinners and you have to pick them up??? dont know if they was state or international or even if it was true??lol
has your 6 yr old picked it up really well then rotor? how long they been going? all info welcome as much as poss
thanks wayne
She holds a proper converstations in english and spanish no problem and started spanish nursery part time at 2 1/2 years now in a state school with around 99% natives ,and most important of all she loves school

School times vary from shool to school.

Rgds

Rotor
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

At the age of 3 your child will be fine going into a spanish school, they will pick it up in no time. Even kids much older than that normally cope well and pick the language up. Also consider if you think you will be here permanently, If you are planning on staying for good its better for them to go to a spanish school so thye are fluent in spanish and go through the spanish system, but if you are planning on returning to the UK after a while then an international school may be better suited for you.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:30 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Can't help with the Costa Del Sol. but here in Valencia, our local state school take them from 3 tears upwards and they do 9 to 4.30 Monday to Thursday and 9 to 3 on a Friday, including lunch. As we are more than 3kms from the school, there is a free school bus and lunches are subsidised for primary school pupils also because of the distance. Infants are not subsidised for lunches but the bus is still free.
You have to pay for all of their school books as well, both text books and writing books, and all other materials, any school trips (usually 1 per term) are also subsidised.
My 8 year old has been there 4 years, and my 4 year old a year. In both cases, their Spanish is better than their English, and they both love it there.
3 tears??

mine didn't have that many
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

From age 3 here too.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
From age 3 here too.
age 3??
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

age 3??
They can actually start full time at age 2 and a half. The school year is based on their year of birth.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:46 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

age 3??
school - they start school at about 3
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

My son has been at Laude International School San Pedro (used to be Kings College) for 3 weeks now. Really likes it, they do 7 hours of spanish a week and take little ones from 3, plus summer school if you need it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.