Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

RYANAIR CHARGES

RYANAIR CHARGES

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default RYANAIR CHARGES

Ryanair charges for luggage and check in have been raised .

For all new bookings it is now £6 per case and £3 check in each way .

Soon it will be more expensive for luggage than passengers !
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RYANAIR CHARGES

Originally Posted by Mourinho

You can check in on-line to avoid the charges which, of course, is their aim to reduce staffing levels.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:28 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by montgomail
You can check in on-line to avoid the charges which, of course, is their aim to reduce staffing levels.

I think that's only if you don't have hold luggage.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
I think that's only if you don't have hold luggage.
Oh yes of course. I only ever carry hand luggage so wasnt thinking about that.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by montgomail
You also get automatic priority boarding with internet check-in.. You get 10 kilos hand luggage allowance but only 15 with checked in. so just travel light!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: RYANAIR CHARGES

Originally Posted by Mourinho

It already is !!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly is more expensive for luggage than passengers even now. Next time we book to go over it will be hand luggage only and internet check in, we were talking to a woman last time we went over, her total cost for her ticket was €12, that included priority booking, this was for Spain to Uk only, taxes from the Uk would have been higher, her ticket cost was 1 cent.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Certainly is more expensive for luggage than passengers even now. Next time we book to go over it will be hand luggage only and internet check in, we were talking to a woman last time we went over, her total cost for her ticket was €12, that included priority booking, this was for Spain to Uk only, taxes from the Uk would have been higher, her ticket cost was 1 cent.
I bet they took the cent too. lol
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:57 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryannair should be called "Fly Dick Turpin"!!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:03 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and no. I'm a bit hacked off with the rises, but at the end, it doesn't affect the light travellers with only hand luggage. We have been taking advantage of the luggage allowance to move a surprising amount of stuff out to Spain, and it is still cost effective. Where else could you ship 15 kilos out to Spain for the cost that Ryan charges?

Personally I treat it as just the price of the ticket anyway. Once I'm travelling more frequently I shall just use the hand luggage, as I can still shift 10 kilos that way!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yes and no. I'm a bit hacked off with the rises, but at the end, it doesn't affect the light travellers with only hand luggage. We have been taking advantage of the luggage allowance to move a surprising amount of stuff out to Spain, and it is still cost effective. Where else could you ship 15 kilos out to Spain for the cost that Ryan charges?

Personally I treat it as just the price of the ticket anyway. Once I'm travelling more frequently I shall just use the hand luggage, as I can still shift 10 kilos that way!
This is our outlook as well.

However we looked at flights for July (3 adults) only two weeks ago, logged into Ryanair yesterday to place the booking and the 3 fares have risen by £160!! So booked with Jet2 out of Leeds for £327 instead, just hand luggage but still get 10 kilos. So thats 30 kilos of essential stuff we can take over, we have plenty of clothing already out there.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:51 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Ouchie! It certainly pays to book well ahead, doesn't it?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Squeezy jet do 20 kilos for free and no restrictions on hand luggage weight.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:18 pm
bil
Banned

Trouble is, they don't do Stansted to Jerez.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Squeezy jet do 20 kilos for free and no restrictions on hand luggage weight.
Have you used easy jet recently? I'm finding them a lot more expensive than Ryan Air and from east mids they are charging extra for hold luggage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.