Rip Off Ikea

Old May 16th 2011, 11:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rip Off Ikea

Originally Posted by angiescarr
My husband agrees with you. He only goes on sufferance and because 'design' is very difficult to get in this area of Spain and is very expensive.

Dead right ........ I've been searching for a two door cabinet with a shelf in it preferably in rustic pine style for months now for a specific purpose, but have not found anything suitable anywhere
Old May 16th 2011, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Dead right ........ I've been searching for a two door cabinet with a shelf in it preferably in rustic pine style for months now for a specific purpose, but have not found anything suitable anywhere

Hmm and probably never will in a Spanish shop.

However, try Michaels in Javea. Went in there once with a friend and was full of it.
Old May 16th 2011, 11:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Hmm and probably never will in a Spanish shop.

However, try Michaels in Javea. Went in there once with a friend and was full of it.
Oh OK thanks, whereabouts is that?
Old May 16th 2011, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Oh OK thanks, whereabouts is that?

There is more than one shop, take a look at

www.michaels-javea.com for directions.
Old May 16th 2011, 12:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

They sell lots of pine stuff in Gata.

Rosemary
Old May 16th 2011, 12:20 pm
Senior Moment

Thanks
Old May 16th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

In Abu Dhabi it sells a 1dh ice cream. 1dh!! That's abut 17p. The nearest comaprable icecream in AD would cost you 6x as much. I was blown away..

Nothing here costs 1dh
Old May 16th 2011, 1:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

second hand at first hand prices

Originally Posted by The Oddities
They sell lots of pine stuff in Gata.

Rosemary

much better bet
Old May 16th 2011, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Rip Off Ikea

Fair enough ....... and I'd just like to say that I hold nothing against the multi millionaire owner who spends all his days playing golf whilst some of his stores clearly have a few issues that they haven't addressed yet

I also ought to add that the wife has been piling on the pressure to go to Ikea Murcia now for years, and I just cant pluck up the courage
Take a Compass, Sandwiches and a Flask and wear good shoes for walking!
Old May 16th 2011, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=lynnxa;9367450]second hand at first hand prices

Agree
Old May 16th 2011, 3:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
My experience of Ikea is that there's some good stuff at good prices but it just ain't worth shopping there because the quite awful* shopping experience takes years off your life. I mean that market thing you can wander around is just a glorified Chinese bazaar but with inflated prices and much less choice.

*I mean seriously stressful, dreadful, quite appalling, to be avoided at all costs. I'd rather have a root canal job with no anaesthetic than set foot in one of those blue torture chambers ever again. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to subject themselves to such a nasty experience.

And the names of the products "Jerker" desk, "Fukta" plant spray and "Fartfull" workbench - jeez -
I can never figure out why Bush sent all those guys to Gauntanamo, when Ikea could have served the same purpose quite nicely.
A few hours in there and I'm sure they'd have coughed to anything.