Rip Off Ikea

Old May 14th 2011, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rip Off Ikea

Looking at dishwashers in the Ikea Espana brochure the same dishwasher in the UK brochure is 196 GBP and in the Spanish one is 299 euros.
Old May 14th 2011, 12:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rip Off Ikea

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Looking at dishwashers in the Ikea Espana brochure the same dishwasher in the UK brochure is 196 GBP and in the Spanish one is 299 euros.
Thats life I'm afraid

I was looking at buying a new bike when I was in the UK. I asked the cycle shop if they could ship to Spain, and they explained that they were unable to send certain bikes to Spain because the price of them was higher in Spain, and therefore the manufacturer stops them to ensure they get more for their bikes here.

Whatever happened to the EU
Old May 14th 2011, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happened to the EU [/QUOTE]

I don't think that the EU we voted on in the 1974 referendum ever was or even intended!
Old May 14th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

I had a run in with Ikea at Malaga
I ordered some furniture and was told that they could deliver to my home in the next few days . I duly paid for the furniture and delivery charge, only to be told that the delivery people were in fact not connected with IKEA. They said that they could not deliver to my area for about 3 weeks. which was no good as I would end up back in the UK by that time. I eventually had to hire a van and deliver it myself than return to the store to pick up my car! Plus have an argument to get my delivery charges back.
Old May 14th 2011, 3:30 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I remember 6 years ago, you could buy energy saving bulbs in Spain for less than two quid, when they were 10 in the uk.

These things come and go.
Old May 14th 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

jules63 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking for an electric cooker and having exactly the same problem £200 quid in argos, the cheapest here I have found so far is 450 euros!
Old May 14th 2011, 4:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jules63
I am looking for an electric cooker and having exactly the same problem £200 quid in argos, the cheapest here I have found so far is 450 euros!
I know a place
Old May 14th 2011, 6:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I know a place
Hope you don't mean my local basura hut.
Theres already a queue there at seven every morning.

Amazing how car prices have changed around as well.
A few years back new ones were only about two thirds the price of the UK, now they're more expensive.
Old May 14th 2011, 8:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Hope you don't mean my local basura hut.
Theres already a queue there at seven every morning.

Amazing how car prices have changed around as well.
A few years back new ones were only about two thirds the price of the UK, now they're more expensive.
Possibly due to fall in the value of Sterling!!
Old May 14th 2011, 10:04 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I would have thought it would work two ways.
For instance new cars brought into the UK are surely costing many more pounds sterling, than when the pound was much stronger.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

I bet, if you looked at that same dishwasher in the Australian Ikea brochure, you would have have a bloody heart attack.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fred James
It may be due to competition. I went to Canada in 1987 and the cost of living was half of what is was in the UK. Now, it is possibly more expensive or at least on a par. Living in the UK, I find it nowhere near as expensive as people make out. That is overall of course, you can always pick differences in selected items.
Old May 15th 2011, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

It's swings and roundabouts....
Your dishwasher or cooker may be more expensive here...but how much less is your council tax, heating,water,petrol, wine and beer to name but a few?
Old May 15th 2011, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by megmet
Your dishwasher or cooker may be more expensive here...but how much less is your council tax, heating,water,petrol, wine and beer to name but a few?
This is a fair point and you don't buy appliances every week. However, when I speak to my friends and relations scattered around the World, it seems that anywhere worth living is not cheap these days. People often perceive places such as Mexico as cheap to live but they are not if you want to live a North American/European lifestyle.
Old May 15th 2011, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Yes, but that is not the point. What I object to is that this is exactly the same machine sold by exactly the same company. Costing I presume exactly the same to manufacture but yet sold at 100 euros mas or menos more.

I can buy a Bosch, Whirlpool, Hoover for more or less the same price at Media Markt than an unknown make in Ikea where I would have thought it would be cheaper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.