Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Retirement - Is it Easy?

Retirement - Is it Easy?

Old Sep 10th 2011, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement - Is it Easy?

Originally Posted by Domino
si, sin hielo, gracias

in fact talking about it ..... I am now off for one straight out of the fridge

kr
¡Mí también!
Old Sep 10th 2011, 5:01 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by megmet
All I can say is that for us it's been very easy! We also are relaxed with each other and though we are now together virtually 24/7 only rarely do we get on each others nerves.
We both have separate hobbies but also both like doing many of the same things together, it just works!

Yes as Bil says sex plays a part in relationships.... but it's ONLY a part, if it's THE most important thing then that's not a marriage, it's just an inexpensive way for a man to get a hooker he doesn't have to pay the hourly rate for.
Sex doesn't take all day....it's what happens in the other twenty three and a half hours each day that really count.

Good luck with your move Dom and with your retirement, it will be what you make it, so in your case... I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we do!
Men have always wanted more sex than women, but can you honestly blame these women for not wanting it when their old man turns 60 odd, a women wants a companion and a friend and not some dirty old bloke trying to get his end away all the time, why force sex on a women who obviously does not have the urge anymore.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 5:16 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

¡Mí también!
Me too. Despite having no naval connections, I used to wait until the sun disappeared over the yard arm at weekends, but not in summer. My opening times are very flexible, although my closing times don't vary greatly.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 5:30 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Me too. Despite having no naval connections, I used to wait until the sun disappeared over the yard arm at weekends, but not in summer. My opening times are very flexible, although my closing times don't vary greatly.
always try to keep it to 6pm before I start, seems to make me last a little long - whos kidding who !

but that can go out of the porthole when in-country and its a warm day.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:10 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

always try to keep it to 6pm before I start, seems to make me last a little long - whos kidding who !

I try and wait until 7pm, honest. I was nearly delayed tonight because the Bruja sent me to the shops to buy soap powder and potatoes. We spent 132 Euros in Mercadona on Thursday and forgot those two important items.

I didn't fancy another trolley war in Mercadona and went to the local Spanish family supermarket instead. I love the place, it's got everything under one roof. After doing my shopping I sat in the adjoining cafe for my coffee, served by a Columbiana whose bum a man could die for.

I counted at least three other men who were also there for the bum, including a fellow expat with thin grey hair in a pony tail and brightly coloured shorts that made me burst out laughing when he stood up. It nearly got me into trouble.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just got delayed with a ve....ry Lo....ng conversation with mummy dearest!
I'm off now for my once a day G&T, it's taken me sixty years to acquire a taste for the stuff.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:14 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion for what it's worth, what's missing in a lot of failed marriages is friendship.

After the first excitement wears off then sex twenty times a day doesn't seem such a good idea as it once did.
When the practicalities of running a home looking after the children and working full time come into play then neither party has the energy left!
It's also not at all romantic washing a mans smelly socks... especially if he is one of the old school who thinks the little woman should be grateful for the privilege!

After forty years together... thirty tree of them married, I can honestly say that it's being each others best friend that's made it work for us and got us through the ups and downs of married life...not the sex, as great as it's always been!
I agree that being your husband's/wife's best friend is THE most important thing in a long relationship. Hormones come and go (especially in women),erectile function varies in men, but being a best friend, there through thick and thin, whatever the weather, is a constant that will get you through sticky times when the more basic instincts fail.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 9:00 am
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

he was a matelot, possibly from boats,
not that excuses him
Well, the first time I met him I instantly had him down as walking on the wrong side of the boulevard.
There was something about his gait which aroused the Sherlock in me.
But ultimately I just thought that while breaking wind is alright with the chaps it's bad form bint-wise.
Of course,history proved me right.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:32 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I try and wait until 7pm, honest. I was nearly delayed tonight because the Bruja sent me to the shops to buy soap powder and potatoes. We spent 132 Euros in Mercadona on Thursday and forgot those two important items.

I didn't fancy another trolley war in Mercadona and went to the local Spanish family supermarket instead. I love the place, it's got everything under one roof. After doing my shopping I sat in the adjoining cafe for my coffee, served by a Columbiana whose bum a man could die for.

I counted at least three other men who were also there for the bum, including a fellow expat with thin grey hair in a pony tail and brightly coloured shorts that made me burst out laughing when he stood up. It nearly got me into trouble.
yes that is a problem when the lady has independent suspension on both cheeks
Old Sep 10th 2011, 9:14 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

yes that is a problem when the lady has independent suspension on both cheeks
A transient phenomenon, as said suspension tends to give way early on.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by bil

unless serviced regularly ..
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:40 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

unless serviced regularly ..
even if.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:30 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bil
Never mind bil, there are tablets you can get for old farts mate who have a problem getting it up
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Never mind bil, there are tablets you can get for old farts mate who have a problem getting it up
Clearly something has made you go blind. Get someone to reread you the posts
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Clearly something has made you go blind. Get someone to reread you the posts
No, I just like having a go at the old miserable fart

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.