Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residency doubts

Residency doubts

Old Feb 8th 2019, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency doubts

Another example.
We obtained ours in 2016, we had separate appointments on consecutive days. I was first, accompanied by wife. Passport, EX18, Padron, Escritura, Bank statements and documents for my pension. I was turned away because my pension was not a State pension (it is a Crown pension). Following day we attended again for wife's appointment on the basis that we were in the area anyway and the appointment was booked. Went in and saw the same clerk, who obviously remembered us. The documents were the same as the previous day, my Crown pension again being our only source of income as she doesn't have any pension. This time, no problems!! We came away with her green card.
How my pension is not acceptable for me on one day but is the following day for someone else is just another of those situations where I could do nothing but shrug and walk away. I booked the next available appointment for a couple of weeks later and that time I too was successful.
Where you go, who you see, what mood they are in it's all a gamble........ even if it shouldn't be.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

siempreguiri2 is an unknown quantity at this point

when applying for residencia has anyone been forced to provide official translations of bank statement and other english language forms?

i am in cordoba region and have conflicting reports.

thanks.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siempreguiri2
when applying for residencia has anyone been forced to provide official translations of bank statement and other english language forms?

thanks.
Go straight to rhe horses mouth, so to speak. When you are ready to apply, a few days before you want to go for it, call at the Extranjeros office and ask. Try and see the same person who advised you when you officially apply.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lurchio
Go straight to rhe horses mouth, so to speak. When you are ready to apply, a few days before you want to go for it, call at the Extranjeros office and ask. Try and see the same person who advised you when you officially apply.
thanks, but it takes more than a few days to get official translations done here, especially when nobody in your main town does it.
as for calling the extranjeros office, you cannot choose who you see as you make an advance appointment and on the day are sent to the desk number on your appointment.

cheers anyway.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

You will need an informed decision of some sort rather than 'my mate reckons". Contact them , e mail them or whatever. Gestor? Good luck, won't be the last bit of crap you have to sort with officialdom here !!!
Old Feb 11th 2019, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

i have lived here on and off for some time and permanently more recently and have dealt with all sorts of spanish officialdom.

the problem is that often the officials don't have much better knowledge of the subject and all have their own slant!

we know people who obtained residency recently in cordoba and no translation was required, whilst a different person, a few days later was forced to provide official translations of all docs that were in english (this is not hearsay, it's fact from the people involved).

i'm doing all this to become a tax resident, thanks to mister cameron and his misguide decision to offer the uk a chance to leave the eu
Old Feb 11th 2019, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes to all. Good luck!
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siempreguiri2

thanks.
We found a translator ex of Ecija who now lives in Madrid. We sent our documents by e mail attatchment and she sent translations back by correos. Whole thing took about 10 days she was very obliging , effecient and not expensive, if you want I could try to dig out her details. I was told we needed proof of income for life for both myself and my wife. All rest ( bank/house documents etc ) were done by abogado here and were of course in Spanish.
Pete