Residency

Old May 20th 2010, 5:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency

Originally Posted by jdr
You could have trouble by having to pay an on the spot traffic fine with no discount, with residencia you get time to pay and a big discount. .
I would imagine that a Spanish driving licence would be adequate to qualify as a resident with the Guardia as you can only have one if you are a resident.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I would imagine that a Spanish driving licence would be adequate to qualify as a resident with the Guardia as you can only have one if you are a resident.
Maybe, but no address on it, so it may still be on the spot fine.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:50 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
But then the address doesn't really mean anything as (I believe) you don't have to redo the residencia when you move - or do you?
Old May 20th 2010, 8:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
But then the address doesn't really mean anything as (I believe) you don't have to redo the residencia when you move - or do you?
I assume if you move to a different area to the police station where you are registered then you go to the local police st and reregister.
Old May 20th 2010, 9:06 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
No, the address is held on the driver database which they have online access to just like the insurance database.

But I cannot see that is relevant because to hold a Spanish licence you must be a resident.
Old May 20th 2010, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Yes you do - if you check on the application form there is a specific box for modification of a registration. It's the second option.
Old May 21st 2010, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

We have been advised by our gestor that the green A4 doc we have is the residencia which incorporates the NIE number.

She says it is permanent but when you move it must be changed in the police records.

She adds it used to be a card and some people may still have that until it expires.The law has changed again and europeans do not have residencia cards anymore.

The laws keep changing so each case may be different. Too right!!!!

This isnt the answer to the original question but may help some.
Old May 21st 2010, 6:04 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Is it only me? I always start to worry when I read through these important and informative threads and I consider myself as legal as can be and have a mountain of paperwork to prove it, I think I've even got notary stamps on old electricity bills.

Keeping up to date is the problem, they keep moving the goal posts. I still use an old residencia card, with my photograph on it, for identification, but it has expired. I've got the silly new one, but nobody wants to see it. I often find it easier just to use my good old passport and not to bother telling anyone that I've got residencia.
Old May 21st 2010, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Is it only me? I always start to worry when I read through these important and informative threads and I consider myself as legal as can be and have a mountain of paperwork to prove it, I think I've even got notary stamps on old electricity bills.

Keeping up to date is the problem, they keep moving the goal posts. I still use an old residencia card, with my photograph on it, for identification, but it has expired. I've got the silly new one, but nobody wants to see it. I often find it easier just to use my good old passport and not to bother telling anyone that I've got residencia.
I agree with you on that.

I always carry the passports with me and they are so much easier than the other ever changing officialdom.
Old May 21st 2010, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very useful document which unfortunately never seems to get much publicity

For the Regulations Governing EU citizens in Spain document in English

http://extranjeros.mtin.es/es/Inform...ION_INGLES.pdf
Old May 21st 2010, 10:43 am

It gets lots of publicity on this forum.

The link is in the Free Beer thread and I have already posted it in this thread and jdr has actually put a picture of up already.

I do agree that it is the best "horses mouth" document concerning the requirements for registration.
Old May 21st 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Fred I missed it on this thread. (Dare I say) BTW There is another version for non EU persons as well.
Old May 21st 2010, 6:45 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget you can get a colour copy of the residencia reduced, stamped and plasticised, it is then as good as the original A4 sheet, and a lot more useful as it is small enough to fit into a passport or wallet.
Old May 21st 2010, 7:06 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Don't forget you can get a colour copy of the residencia reduced, stamped and plasticised, it is then as good as the original A4 sheet, and a lot more useful as it is small enough to fit into a passport or wallet.
Thanks bil, I have been going round for ages saying plastificated. I thought I had it right.
Old May 21st 2010, 7:47 pm

Yes, but if it is not a certified copy it is worthless as anyone with a PC could forge it.

You can reduce the size before you get it certifiedand then get it laminated. What you cannot do it copy the certified document and then reduce it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.