Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Requirements for driving down to Spain?

Requirements for driving down to Spain?

Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requirements for driving down to Spain?

Originally Posted by skippernicky
Will be driving down to the CDS in a few weeks. I know I need an emergencey triangle and a spare set of bulbs, But do I need anything else? Someone has suggested that i need safety jackets??? Is this the case and if so do I need one for each passenger?. Also do I need lens convertors?
I get accused of being a real bore about driving from UK to Spain but the most useful thing that we brought was a collection of money bags with the correct amount of the toll levy complete with a number to keep them in order. You can get all of the information of toll costs on the Michelin site. It stopped some of the stress that you feel in the situation.

Rosemary
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:11 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
jdr has it correct, it is TWO red triangles, and a yellow jacket for each person in the car. Lots of people miss out on the fact that the jackets should be visible, usually on the backs of the drivers and passengers seats. Keep your ferry ticket handy as you will need that to prove the car hasn't been out of the UK more than the allowed time. Can't think of any that you have missed apart from good up to date maps. Carry bottles of water, both for human passengers and any animals as it will be HOT.
Don't understand the fashion to have your jacket on show. They fade in the sun, especially the red ones. Talking of which there seems to be no law as to what colour you must use, having seen both yellow and red for sale (plus hanging on the back of the seat!)
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:17 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I get accused of being a real bore about driving from UK to Spain but the most useful thing that we brought was a collection of money bags with the correct amount of the toll levy complete with a number to keep them in order. You can get all of the information of toll costs on the Michelin site. It stopped some of the stress that you feel in the situation.

Rosemary
Lot easier now they all use the Euro, bet it was more difficult when you had to have several different currencies.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
It's not that they have to be visible, they just have to be accessible from inside the vehicle i.e. not locked in the boot!
I think when they say visible they mean so that the police can see them if you are stopped by them, in the door or seat pockets.
They are supposed to be kitemarked, but I dont think they will bother with that as long as they are luminous. ;-)
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skippernicky
Thanks Guy's............ good job its a luton van with all that gear............best start buying.
Put it over a weighbridge before you leave!
Overweight fines apply
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:32 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

And dont forget the spewbags
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Yes, make sure you have Petes spew bags when you put it over the weighbridge ... keep him happy
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
A bucket is better, you catch more. ;-)
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Just bought the 'beam benders' on Ebay, Will source the remaining gear next week. With three of us travelling down in the van most will go in the back except the hi vis vests. (Going to be a tight squeeze in the cab!!!)