Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Required registration on the PADRON in Spain

Required registration on the PADRON in Spain

Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:55 am
Just Joined

ambleside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Required registration on the PADRON in Spain

Thank you for your informative information.
I wonder if you might be able to give me some further views or understanding of the following.
In the notifacation I have received from the Ayuntament it states.

"To renew your inscription with your original identity card (passport or resident card)".

So my question is as follows..
As Residence cards are no longer issued does your UK passport qualify ?.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ambleside
Thank you for your informative information.
I wonder if you might be able to give me some further views or understanding of the following.
In the notifacation I have received from the Ayuntament it states.

"To renew your inscription with your original identity card (passport or resident card)".

So my question is as follows..
As Residence cards are no longer issued does your UK passport qualify ?.
if your residence card hasn't expired I would take that

if it has you should register on the resident's list & take that bit of paper

in either case I'd take my passport too!!

& photocopies of everything!!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rachelk
Yes. Last time I thought all had gone well, then they wrote to me telling me they still needed some documents, some of which they had and some of which they had seen and checked off.

I guess they're not that desperate for the money in Málaga.

I've never heard of anyone paying to go on the padron but morally you should sign on if you live in Spain as the town or village's incomes from central government are based on the number of people on the padron and of course you are entitled to vote in local and regional elections.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:12 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
I've never heard of anyone paying to go on the padron but morally you should sign on if you live in Spain as the town or village's incomes from central government are based on the number of people on the padron and of course you are entitled to vote in local and regional elections.
that's the money she means, I'm sure