Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Question about jokes.

Question about jokes.

Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:37 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about jokes.

Originally Posted by JLFS
sort of a holy pringle.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:21 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
**** off.
Do you mean Foyate or Hodete?????......

You E-HOE DEE POOTA.....

Last edited by JLFS; Mar 10th 2011 at 6:23 am.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

in my circles, ostras is used, not ostra, that is what I was trying to say, and as ostra could sound like Hostia, it could be your way, but I would say hostia in singular and ostras in plural, both exclamations, like bugger, bollocks or whatever.

And Hostia, has never been F**k, not as far as I amconcerned anyway.
And I am not half Spanish, I am Spanish.

http://es.thefreedictionary.com/ostras
That would be why you didn't quite understand when I said it's *like* saying Fe*K instead of *****. I didn't compare saying the F word with saying Hostia.

Sorry for confusing your 'feet in both camps' with being half and half;-)You are clearly bilingual, but sometimes you do seem to speed read and not catch the full meaning before you answer JL
XXX
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:05 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
That would be why you didn't quite understand when I said it's *like* saying Fe*K instead of *****. I didn't compare saying the F word with saying Hostia.

Sorry for confusing your 'feet in both camps' with being half and half;-)You are clearly bilingual, but sometimes you do seem to speed read and not catch the full meaning before you answer JL
XXX

To be honest I thought **** was f**k, it was just the Irish way of saying it. Didnot know they were seperate words,.

Bloody Irish, they have no right confusing me....
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I thought **** was f**k, it was just the Irish way of saying it. Didnot know they were seperate words,.

Bloody Irish, they have no right confusing me....
No, They are used for the same word. That was my point exactly.
In the same way my mother used to say Shhhhhhh ...sugar instead of Shit, as an expletive
What I was saying (originally) is Ostra is sometimes used to avoid saying Hostia.
Hope that's clear this time!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:16 pm
Banned

No, They are used for the same word. That was my point exactly.
In the same way my mother used to say Shhhhhhh ...sugar instead of Shit, as an expletive
What I was saying (originally) is Ostra is sometimes used to avoid saying Hostia.
Hope that's clear this time!
I have never heard it said like that ostras yes, but then my lot are heathens and dyslexic ones to boot, they dont believe in DOG, so it would not bother them saying the "sacred Pringle word" at all.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have never heard it said like that ostras yes, but then my lot are heathens and dyslexic ones to boot, they dont believe in DOG, so it would not bother them saying the "sacred Pringle word" at all.
Yeah. Stop taking the name of my favourite cheesy snacks in vain!!!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:12 pm
Banned

Yeah. Stop taking the name of my favourite cheesy snacks in vain!!!
So which ones are your faves?

Apparently a lot can be told about ones personality by the type of Prings they like best.

Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:57 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean Foyate or Hodete?????......

You E-HOE DEE POOTA.....
That’s the trouble with having a Spanish teacher with a Catalan bent, you get confused. I just spoke to her, politely, and she said, ‘Toma por gulo.’

I’m giving up on translation, but it sounded rude. Maybe it’s because she’s watching Eastenders.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
That’s the trouble with having a Spanish teacher with a Catalan bent, you get confused. I just spoke to her, politely, and she said, ‘Toma por gulo.’

I’m giving up on translation, but it sounded rude. Maybe it’s because she’s watching Eastenders.
Look H,

Lets be honest here, I am sure you will agree that Spanish isnt your thing.

No offence but if you dont know your culo from gulo, I think you should go down a different route, so to speak......

toma y daca ......................that is what your teacher was trying to say.

Last edited by JLFS; Mar 10th 2011 at 7:08 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:19 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Look H,

Lets be honest here, I am sure you will agree that Spanish isnt your thing.

No offence but if you dont know your culo from gulo, I think you should go down a different route, so to speak......

toma y daca ......................that is what your teacher was trying to say.
I think you’re wrong. My verbal Spanish is quite good although I sometimes get mixed up with Moroccan when speaking to lookie lookie men, I only get confused when I write it down.

I was talking to a Spanish gardener yesterday who had killed one of my palm trees and couldn’t think of the word for beetle, or beatle, the red ones that kill palm trees. So I called out the gran jefa to help, and for once she was stumped too, just like the poor tree.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:20 pm
Banned

This is for you H, I forgot to put it in my previous post, and cannot seem to edit right now.

Bonvonen al esperanto

http://www.esperanto.es/hef/index.php

A good idea in theory, but hs it causght on, has anyone on this forum ever heard it spoken?

Would it be used in meetings in Brussels?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
I think you’re wrong. My verbal Spanish is quite good although I sometimes get mixed up with Moroccan when speaking to lookie lookie men, I only get confused when I write it down.

I was talking to a Spanish gardener yesterday who had killed one of my palm trees and couldn’t think of the word for beetle, or beatle, the red ones that kill palm trees. So I called out the gran jefa to help, and for once she was stumped too, just like the poor tree.
Beatle = John, Paul, George, Ringo.

Beetle = escarabajo

Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

Moroccan? Do you mean French or Arabic?

Btw, none of the "looky looky men" are Moroccan. It is very easily to tell. Moroccans have white, greyish or olive coloured skin, dark hair and North african characteristics. Which the lookie lookie men are sub-Saharan Africans with almost black skin, black wirey hair etc
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The carpet sellers are Marocs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.