Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pussycat pussycat....

Pussycat pussycat....

Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pussycat pussycat....

Don´t worry it will be fine. I have had numerous cats over the last thirty plus years all in multiple households and mostly Siamese. I remember our first cat a beautiful chocolate point old fashioned Siamese and we thought let´s get him a friend so went and got a seal point in total ignorance of what would happen. Exactly the same reaction as you said. The chocolate went and sulked on our bed and even thumped me when I tried to comfort him, but, within a week they were cuddled up together. Then when we moved to Spain and left our cats with our daughter in rural Devon we took in a tiny kitten playing with the traffic, but, I did so want another Siamese so we adopted one from a Refugio who was about two or so. They immediately fought and I tried to intervene and got myself scratched but now they tolerate each other and it is fine. We have also got a Burmese from a kitten and he is the one that rules the roost although half the size of the other two and cuddles up with them both. So don´t separate them and they will sort it out themselves.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

KnockCollins will become famous soon enough

thanks all, i promise i will persevere, it's just breaking my heart at the moment to see our lovely, bouncy, playful, loving baggy so fed up and the little minx of a kitten taking it all in her stride without a care in the world....

in case you're interested, a couple of pictures of Baggy pre Rosie's arrival, happy and content....

i'm such a sad case....

oh and we want to get a dog next year so you can imagine the turmoil that will cause! or will it be easier do you think? different species, less threat, that kind of thing?

C.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

photos didn't load, i'm sure you're not that fussed anyway really! I really appreciate all the support though all of you, thanks for your time.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

ZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really nice

Chiclanagirl, KnockCollins, do you know of or can you recommend any catteries in the area? I know of one in Marquesado, I've seen quite a lot of dog kennels round and about but not catteries. If you have any information can you pm me please? Much appreciated.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Indiana in Marquesado is the only one i use, they're really lovely - Delia and Hugh, Delia works at the vets Avila Fornell in Chiclana also..

link here with the telephone nos.

http://www.indiana.com.es/

alternatively send me a private message with your whereabouts in chiclana if you'd like to consider me calling in a couple of times a day to feed or whatever - providing you're not going to away too long and only if you don't want to use a cattery - I know some cats loathe it despite it being a really nice place / people but often there's no other option...

I may ask you ro return the favour though!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KnockCollins
photos didn't load, i'm sure you're not that fussed anyway really! I really appreciate all the support though all of you, thanks for your time.
I would love to see the photos. Can´t recommend any catteries though. Our neighbours oblige when we go away or I leave the hubby at home.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

ZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I would love to see the photos. Can´t recommend any catteries though. Our neighbours oblige when we go away or I leave the hubby at home.
You're lucky to have obliging neighbours, none of mine can stand the sight of cats! Suppose I could leave the OH at home and go on hols with someone else???

Originally Posted by KnockCollins
Indiana in Marquesado is the only one i use, they're really lovely - Delia and Hugh, Delia works at the vets Avila Fornell in Chiclana also..

link here with the telephone nos.

http://www.indiana.com.es/

alternatively send me a private message with your whereabouts in chiclana if you'd like to consider me calling in a couple of times a day to feed or whatever - providing you're not going to away too long and only if you don't want to use a cattery - I know some cats loathe it despite it being a really nice place / people but often there's no other option...

I may ask you ro return the favour though!
It is the Indiana one that I have heard of in Marquesado, it is good to hear a recommendation. I've always used catteries in the past in England, he doesn't really mind (well he appears not to...obviously I don't actually know!), but as I said above I don't have any neighbours that I can ask as they don't like cats. I'm not actually in Chiclana, I'm in up in Medina but it was really sweet of you to offer to feed.

I'll get in touch with Indiana and arrange to go have a look round. I hope your little one isn't causing too much trouble, I'm sure they'll get along fine soon.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:13 am
Just Joined

davecollins is an unknown quantity at this point

i bet it turns out ok!